( search forums )
MONKEH ISLAND!
Soldat Forums - Misc - The Lounge
Captain Ben
October 8, 2005, 12:28 pm
Does anyone know where I can find the original Escape From Monkey Island? I've been hellbent on trying to find it, to no avail. I've googled it, but all that comes up is a crap load of the newer versions. I'm looking for the one that was released in the early nineties.

Any help would be appreciated.

m00`
October 8, 2005, 1:18 pm
captain ben

you can find it on my site, its numbers 1 and 2 i uploaded it a while ago just figure out how to get it to work:D
<link removed lolx>
have fun :O

Captain Ben
October 8, 2005, 1:55 pm
Thank you, M00.
Next time you need someone to play the man, I'll be there.

lastpatriot
October 8, 2005, 3:11 pm
THANK YOU MOOOOOO!!!!!!!

I've been searching for that for 2 months now!

m00`
October 8, 2005, 3:21 pm
lol np ^^

Melba
October 8, 2005, 3:25 pm
Is this the new 3D monkey island?

...god that game was a [CENSORED]. Especially that freaking rowing boat in the swamp...

EDIT: oh i see. the original :|

m00`
October 8, 2005, 3:26 pm
no melba that zip file contains monkey island 1 and 2 the pixelated classic ones

Melba
October 8, 2005, 3:28 pm
Yeah i noticed from the file size :p

The 3D one is like 2 CD's i think

Deleted User
October 8, 2005, 4:26 pm
I LOVE THOSE GAMES.

STEELIX
October 8, 2005, 4:29 pm
=)

Hercule Poirot
October 8, 2005, 5:01 pm
Day Of The Tentacle pwns your Monkey Islands x)

Alamo
October 8, 2005, 5:15 pm
Ain't these files warez?

STEELIX
October 8, 2005, 5:30 pm
A game as old as Monkey Island can hardly be called a ware...

Captain Ben
October 8, 2005, 5:46 pm
I CAN HOLD MY BREATH FOR TEN MINUTES!!

SuperKill
October 8, 2005, 5:52 pm
nvm, didnt notice you found it.

Deleted User
October 8, 2005, 6:30 pm
quote:Originally posted by STEELIXA game as old as Monkey Island can hardly be called a ware...

Wrong.

lastpatriot
October 8, 2005, 9:53 pm
Maniac Mansion vs. Monkey Island? Hmmm...

STEELIX
October 8, 2005, 9:54 pm
quote:Originally posted by Ville Mk.2quote:Originally posted by STEELIXA game as old as Monkey Island can hardly be called a ware...

Wrong.

*Doesn't care*

lastpatriot
October 8, 2005, 10:05 pm
Now, all I have to do is find Leisure Suit Larry 1-7, and I will be the ULTIMATE 80S ADVENTURE DUDE!(U8AD!) I have Maniac Mansion("Mom, dad is acting kind of strange". "SO!!?!?!?!?!?!!"), and now I have the Monkey Island duo.

"Okay, I'll go find the Sword Mas... OH NO!!! I'M NOT FALLING FOR THAT AGAIN!!!" Speaking of that, is there any way to steal the sword and shovel, or do I have to get shot out of the cannon?

Edit: Nah, I got it now.

m00`
October 8, 2005, 11:45 pm
quote:Originally posted by Ville Mk.2quote:Originally posted by STEELIXA game as old as Monkey Island can hardly be called a ware...

Wrong.

why? o.0

BManx2000
October 9, 2005, 2:17 am
Because legally, it's still a ware. Not that anyone cares about that :P

Captain Ben
October 9, 2005, 3:07 am
That's because it's MONKEY ISLAND!!

LazehBoi
October 9, 2005, 7:21 pm
use giant lips on hairy rhinoceros
Oh man, I don't remember it too well but I should resume playing it. It was so stupid it was funny.

UGK
October 9, 2005, 8:32 pm
heey moo. Do you have Age of Empire? The first one. Ive been looking for it, but i cant find it. :D

I'm Also looking for the AOE 2 and Half Life. :D

xtishereb
October 10, 2005, 2:12 am
Thank god for that Game Informer thing about DOSBox. Now, all I need to do is transfer this bad boy down to my machine that has it. In the meantime, I'll listen to angina p.

...man, that is some wacked atmospheric dnb.

m00`
October 10, 2005, 6:29 am
quote:Originally posted by UGKheey moo. Do you have Age of Empire? The first one. Ive been looking for it, but i cant find it. :D

i have those games but their on cd and the first aoe is like wrecked, its completely scratched, i've had it since i was like 8 years old, or younger (i dont remember)

anyway my twin sister is the one that got monkey island (and many other games like that mansion game that she wont let me play >:[), she also recently got populous 3 full version (anyone know this?)

she could get aoe but i dont think she would, our download limit is already like nearly finished :/

Captain Ben
October 10, 2005, 6:40 am
Just buy some Nutrigrain, they had a promotion where the cd was taped to the side of the box.
All I can recommend is Downloads.com.

Meandor
October 10, 2005, 12:42 pm
Monkey Island is warez because Lucas Arts still holds the rights for it, even if it's out of print. So yeah, do this stuff via PM, please. We don't want to get any trouble (yes, lucasart does still sue people for having monkey island 1 and 2 up for download) :>

m00`
October 10, 2005, 12:44 pm
ugh okey ill remove the link lolx

Vijchtidoodah
October 10, 2005, 6:56 pm
Pshh...don't waste your time on Monkey Island -- waste it on XCOM: UFO Defense!

UGK
October 10, 2005, 7:19 pm
quote:Originally posted by m00`quote:Originally posted by UGKheey moo. Do you have Age of Empire? The first one. Ive been looking for it, but i cant find it. :D

i have those games but their on cd and the first aoe is like wrecked, its completely scratched, i've had it since i was like 8 years old, or younger (i dont remember)

anyway my twin sister is the one that got monkey island (and many other games like that mansion game that she wont let me play >:[), she also recently got populous 3 full version (anyone know this?)

she could get aoe but i dont think she would, our download limit is already like nearly finished :/

That sucks.

UGK
October 11, 2005, 1:25 am
Um do you have Alien vs. Predator or Half Life? I'll pay you if you gimmie download links.( That work and dont have spyare/viruses in em) reg key maybe?

m00`
October 11, 2005, 6:22 am
eh no way am i giving you my half life reg key, i have alien vs predator 2 but im not gonna upload that.. lol

Captain Ben
October 11, 2005, 6:53 am
UGK, have you ever thought of going (gasp!) to a computer store and ordering games in? Even if that's too much, you can go to Ebay.

Either way, I love you.

frogboy
October 11, 2005, 7:00 am
quote:Originally posted by Captain BenUGK, have you ever thoughtTHOUGHT? WHAT A RIDICULOUS CONCEPT!

Deleted User
October 11, 2005, 7:49 am
Xcom is the coolest i have both the first and second, the second ROXXARZ

UGK
October 12, 2005, 5:08 am
quote:Originally posted by m00`eh no way am i giving you my half life reg key, i have alien vs predator 2 but im not gonna upload that.. lol

Ok ebay/ Ebgames here i Come!!11!

quote:Originally posted by frogboyquote:Originally posted by Captain BenUGK, have you ever thoughtTHOUGHT? WHAT A RIDICULOUS CONCEPT!

Exactly....

Leo Da Lunerfox
October 12, 2005, 5:25 am
Silent Storm is more fun then XCOM simply because of it's realistic ragdoll physics and destructable enviroments.

Deleted User
October 12, 2005, 6:53 pm
monkey island 3 is BEST!!

a-4-year-old
October 12, 2005, 10:01 pm
I WANNA BE A FIREMAN!!!!

GERRRRR!!!!
ARFFARF!

lastpatriot
October 12, 2005, 11:50 pm
Ahoy there, fancy-pants.

m00`
October 13, 2005, 6:29 am
quote:Originally posted by HHHmonkey island 3 is BEST!!

i have that one on cd, it's not as good as the other 2

Deleted User
October 13, 2005, 7:56 am
1 and 2 you mean?..

are there even speech in those games? they'r like .. from the 70's:p

Captain Ben
October 13, 2005, 12:09 pm
When Guybrush Threepwood got a voice and became 3d, he lost alot of his charm.