( search forums )
I think there's something wrong with the ruger....
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - General Discussions
Lolly
October 8, 2005, 6:35 pm
I was recently playing a CTF game, and I picked the ruger,(simply because I don't use it that much in CTF). I was boosting in the air, and when I fired, the shots went in all different directions, none of which were even remotely close to the cursor. However, this doesn't happen in Deathmatch games. Is the ruger's movement accuracy changed for CTF? Seems kind of strange.

_Mancer_
October 8, 2005, 6:50 pm
No your just new to the ruger.

i am ahab
October 8, 2005, 6:54 pm
if you run around your accuracy decreases upto a certain point.

Deleted User
October 8, 2005, 7:29 pm
I noticed that, is that why you suddenly left the game?

peemonkey
October 8, 2005, 7:49 pm
weapon mod online?

Keron Cyst
October 8, 2005, 8:12 pm
Yeah, probably you joined a weapon mod server. Did it say (WM) before? The weapon must've been changed. You didn't see all that tan text next to the weapons when you hovered your cursor over them in the chart?

Deleted User
October 8, 2005, 8:14 pm
Either you went to a WM server which nerfed the ruger or you're experiencing movement bink. o.o;

Lolly
October 8, 2005, 8:36 pm
It wasn't WM, And I usually boost around with a ruger, and it doesnt happen.

reckon
October 8, 2005, 8:59 pm
Realistic?

F3nyx
October 8, 2005, 9:36 pm
The Ruger is very motion-sensitive. If you're not used to it, it'll be very surprising... shots go much higher, usually above the crosshair, when you're boosting. However, AFAIK it's the same in both CTF and DM, unless you were playing on a weapon-mod server.

a-4-year-old
October 8, 2005, 10:05 pm
did you have your cursor on your soldat?

vash763
October 8, 2005, 10:19 pm
Ok, I've found this happening too. What happens is you somehow get a ton of self-bink, and the cursor becomes larger than the screen and your seeing through the gaps. It takes forever to get back down. So I simply close soldat at that point.

KiKAzz
October 8, 2005, 10:50 pm
That must be alot of bink. That usually happens in realistic but sometimes normal. Mostly I got rid of it by shooting in the air.

Deleted User
October 8, 2005, 11:48 pm
quote:Originally posted by vash763Ok, I've found this happening too. What happens is you somehow get a ton of self-bink, and the cursor becomes larger than the screen and your seeing through the gaps. It takes forever to get back down. So I simply close soldat at that point.

It happens most often (if not only) when I die by spas. Fastest solution I know is to take automatic weapon and shoot a burst, instead of making crosshair even bigger it will make cursor just a bit larger than usual (as if you started shooting with normal size cursor).

This was probably the cause of ruger problems this topic is about.

Deleted User
October 9, 2005, 7:32 am
rugeracc is like barret...

Once you learn how to use it there is no bink.

GAMEOVER
October 9, 2005, 9:26 am
Dont run and shoot with the ruger your aim goes down the toilet take your time with every shot

PG mondragon
October 9, 2005, 1:24 pm
no i know what he means. I often have the same problem. Whenever i aim and shoot, the cursor suddenly moves to another direction (u por down). This is not a coinsidence and im not excactly a noob who doesnt have the capacity to aim. This wasn?t happening to me until the last few days.

DeMonIc
October 9, 2005, 3:01 pm
Maybe you just joined a realistic server. Recoil is so nice.

Hoodlum
October 9, 2005, 3:06 pm
Sounds like a realistic server but boosting all over the place? hmm.

bond_james_bond
October 9, 2005, 3:26 pm
this is why i don't use the ruger...

Lowhunter
October 9, 2005, 7:04 pm
Whwn i use Ruger 77, my cursor goes large!

tRaQs
October 10, 2005, 7:09 am
i never have a problem moving and firing with ruger. :|

Deleted User
October 10, 2005, 8:07 am
quote:Originally posted by LowhunterWhwn i use Ruger 77, my cursor goes large!

Put on the sniper line and it will stop