( search forums )
Help with the Chainaw...
Soldat Forums - Soldat Interface Mods & Mod Making - Modding help
Deleted User
October 9, 2005, 10:38 pm
Alright, I've started work on a Metroid mod, and the first thing I'm working on is the bullet graphics and such. I've gotten most of the graphics I've done so far to my liking, but the chainsaw is proving to be somewhat troublesome...

You see, I'm turning the chainsaw into the Screw Attack, and the idea is to have electric bolts flash overtop of the soldat when it's in use. Problem is, the way the game works, it only appears above or below the "barrel," and out in front of the soldat.

Thus, I need to know if there's any trick that could be used to make the graphic appear overtop of the soldat (which I doubt is going to happen), or what a good alternative to the Screw Attack might be.

Thanks in advance.

Keron Cyst
October 10, 2005, 2:15 am
Impossible.

The best way you could achieve that would only allow sparks to appear above when your soldat is facing to the left. That's why I want images to be based off of the center instead of the top-left corner pixel...

Deleted User
October 10, 2005, 2:01 pm
I was afraid of that. Thanks though; now I just have to either decide to use a small spark to represent the screw attack, which would be kinda lame, or try to think of another Metroid melee weapon that I can use instead...

Maybe I can go for a real big stretch and make it the Shinespark... Of course, that'd be quite a stretch...

Keron Cyst
October 10, 2005, 6:58 pm
I think the Chainsaw emits a kind of image that randomly flies around from it for a bit. It may be in Sparks-gfx but I'm not sure...