( search forums )
ctf_jump
Soldat Forums - Soldat Maps & Map Making - New Maps
Deleted User
October 9, 2005, 11:47 pm
ok i'm back fomr making a new map, this 1 is better than my other 1 i think....it's all ice but the texture is grass so i hafta change that, also...i dont know where to put flags seeing that it has to be smooth everywhere, its pretty fun i think. here are sum pics:
[URL]
[URL]
[URL]
[URL]
[URL]

download it here:
[URL]

post your thoughts

Hoodlum
October 10, 2005, 12:25 am
It looks pretty cool to me but you should add more crates and stuff as I see none.

Deleted User
October 10, 2005, 12:41 am
theres no scenery or waypointing :P i just dont know how to make maps look good

warpo
October 10, 2005, 3:05 am
could make a good sniper level.....

Deleted User
October 10, 2005, 3:35 am
EDIT: never mind, didn't read your post right

looks like a good map

Deleted User
October 10, 2005, 7:21 am
can sum1 please fix my map up for me?? please?? like jsut add secnery or sumthing, i just nees scenery, i could try but it'll look crappy. so please help me (hope i sounded pathetic) :P.

P.S. i can't seem to get people to download maps, they dont have, on my server... like i have a special map i download and nobody joins cause they cant download it, how od i solve this problem?!?!?

P.P.S. i also updates pictures and i fixed colour and texture :). (i'll post tomorrow, too tired now)

headstone
October 10, 2005, 2:09 pm
I'll fool around with it, but no guaranties. (Polyworks still not working.)

[edit:] By 'change that' did you mean make the polys not ice, or make them grey/white?

headstone
October 10, 2005, 3:22 pm
k... I don't think I'm gonna be able to work with this map. There are wayy to many unnessecary and overlapping polys, and they seem to be pretty randomly placed.

Deleted User
October 10, 2005, 5:16 pm
I would recommend you take a look at the various tutorials on map making, they should get you all set on how to make the polygons best, shade, add sceneries, waypoint, and so on.

Layout-wise, it's actually not that bad, but it could use improvement. I like how you have that big open area below with the tighter spaces above. However, there could stand to be more ways to go from one path to the other, and the lowermost green polys in the center probably aren't needed. The upper passages also should be a lot rougher, so as to really make a difference when you choose a path. It'd be a good idea to thicken up those thinner polys too, to prevent barreters from shooting through them. Lastly, you need a base in each end to provide a place for the different paths to come together and provide defensible surroundings for the flags.

This is only judging from the screenshots, though, so naturally I'm not taking into account anything like poly-types, jetpack fuel, etc.

It has potential, but if its construction is as bad as headstone makes it out to be, you'll probably have to rebuild the map from scratch. Keep truckin', though; I look forward to an improved version.

Deleted User
October 10, 2005, 6:09 pm
i'm going to fix the overlapping polys hopefully :P but i might have to start again i'll update pics now, i changed colour and texture using polyworks on my dads comp (doesnt work on mine for sum reason!!!)

please fix up my map now please....i removes quite a few unnessasy pollys i just have more at the main curved area cause its effing hard to get you soldat to slide in a half circle using only mapmaker. i think i did a good job but i still think nobody can download my map...seing as nobodys joined ever and i have my server registered in lobby!!