( search forums )
Ipod or Iriver
Soldat Forums - Misc - The Lounge
Deleted User
October 10, 2005, 7:05 am
Well i recently gained a sum of 2 grand due to a essay i wrote...okay i sold me self to truckers anyway, should i buy an ipod or an iriver or suggest another mp3 player.

n00bface
October 10, 2005, 7:07 am
anything by Creative on the basis that it is the best.

Milkman Dan
October 10, 2005, 7:07 am
IRIVER I ALREADY TOLD YOU!!!

papasurf31
October 10, 2005, 2:21 pm
Zen Micro 4TW!

but, I would choose the iRiver over the iPod. Nice color screen and plays movies. Then again, you could just get a PSP, which deos the same thing and plays games on a bigger screen :o

peemonkey
October 10, 2005, 8:08 pm
buy a Mauser K98 ;)

AerialAssault
October 10, 2005, 9:24 pm
quote:Originally posted by peemonkeybuy a Mauser K98 ;)
Mosin Nagant :o

peemonkey
October 10, 2005, 10:01 pm
yea, i bought one of those yesterday too :D gotta wait 10 more days to get it though XD M44 poonage!

K98 > mosin nagant

i wanna buy a K-31 next, i love the old bolt actions :D

October 10, 2005, 10:41 pm
Take that bloody thing out of your ear and talk to people.

peemonkey
October 10, 2005, 11:01 pm
or shoot them! :D

Rambo_6
October 11, 2005, 2:19 am
iRiver= dellPod

Texas Ranger
October 11, 2005, 2:28 am
WAIT!!! New ipods are rumored to come out Wendsday, dont know what they will be but a big memory boost is supposed to come. so on 10/12 around 3 or 4pm Central Time check the Apple Website
or rumor sites
http://macrumors.com http://macbytes.com

AerialAssault
October 11, 2005, 2:42 am
quote:Originally posted by peemonkeyyea, i bought one of those yesterday too :D gotta wait 10 more days to get it though XD M44 poonage!

K98 > mosin nagant

K98s may be superior rifles. but they dont have as much character as a good ol` nagant.

Deleted User
October 11, 2005, 4:28 am
Don't get iPods, they're overpriced fads.

20GB iPod = $300
40GB Creative Zen Xtra = $250.00

paramud
October 11, 2005, 5:10 am
Well, I have a Philips GoGear, and its gotten me through road trips.

Captain Ben
October 11, 2005, 6:58 am
I have a Funtwist 256mb mp3 player. It allows me the enjoyment of music anywhere I go, just as long as I don't do anything crazy, like moving my arms and legs.

My goodness, mp3 fanboys?!! I thought it was only limited to consoles and dog breeds!

peemonkey
October 11, 2005, 6:23 pm
quote:Originally posted by AerialAssaultquote:Originally posted by peemonkeyyea, i bought one of those yesterday too :D gotta wait 10 more days to get it though XD M44 poonage!

K98 > mosin nagant

K98s may be superior rifles. but they dont have as much character as a good ol` nagant.

they got more. just because early mosin nagants were so crappy they seemed hand-made, doesnt make them have more character :P mausers own. especially if you have a death's head engraved on it...that's worth BANK......so what'r be talkin bout? iPod's?

AerialAssault
October 11, 2005, 9:30 pm
i want a nagant with the hammer & sickle engraved on it.

Melba
October 11, 2005, 10:47 pm
Post in another topic AA... sheesh.

peemonkey
October 11, 2005, 11:12 pm
nevar! hi-jack! :D

where do you live again AA? i need to get the [CENSORED] outta cali in order to do ANYthing fun with guns :(

Deleted User
October 12, 2005, 6:52 am
wait what was this topic actualy about origonaly

peemonkey
October 12, 2005, 7:25 am
it was origionally about the K98 being a more fun rifle than the mosin nagant.

Deleted User
October 12, 2005, 11:15 am
oh right i must of missed that title

Captain Ben
October 12, 2005, 12:25 pm
Peemonkey, if you want to talk about guns, start a thread. I's go shootin with a dodgy .22.
Taal, I can really only recommend that you go and check out your local electronics shop. Even though this thread is plentiful in different brands, such as the GoGear and Zen Extra, it's good to check if the shop even stocks them.

peemonkey
October 12, 2005, 7:49 pm
i feel comfortable ganking someone's thread for once. who's gonna stop me? the FSM?

T-Money
October 12, 2005, 7:54 pm
FSM IS ALL POWERFUL HE WILL NOODLE YOU UP FOO!

Careful what you wish for pee.

xtishereb
October 12, 2005, 9:29 pm
2k US? Buy some handguns from your local "arms dealer" and then go Terrorist-style on those squirrels in your backyard. Yes, those voices in your head are right, they are planning to take over the world.

peemonkey
October 12, 2005, 9:36 pm
if you're shooting only squirrels, the .22LR is the cartridge for you. otherwise, you're just wasting money and could get arrested.

a-4-year-old
October 12, 2005, 9:58 pm
istuff sucks thats all you need to know

T-Money
October 12, 2005, 10:28 pm
No, iPODstuff sucks. Iriver products are, in general, excellent. Therefore, not all istuff is crap.

Deleted User
October 12, 2005, 10:37 pm
Personally I dislike apple prod's as a whole..

Deleted User
October 13, 2005, 12:39 am
i just found out you can get a whole entire computer for as much as an ipod 0-0

Deleted User
October 13, 2005, 1:04 am
Exactly. iPod is like Tommy Hilfiger or whatever:

The shirts sell for extravagant prices, but the production costs and quality are the same as that $5 shirt at the Dollar General... When it costs $0.50 for the cloth to make a shirt, it pretty much comes down to consumers paying the company rediculous prices to advertise their products for them... Who needs get-rich-quick schemes when you can make a profit on the things that you're generally supposed to pay for?

Hitman
October 14, 2005, 12:23 am
Well, I thought I might give you a perspective on the iPod.

I got a iPod photo about two weeks ago and to be honest, I love it. Great functionality and the user interface is very simple. Plus, you gotta admit, it looks cool. The sound is great and it even has a little option called Sound Check which makes sure that the volume of the music you're listening to stays at a constant level, throughout mellow and heavy songs. It's got some fun games although you never really play them. Also, the photos look great but I never really use it for those either as I always have my mobile on me on which the pictures are.

Connecting your iPod to your computer and transferring your songs is simple as [CENSORED]; even I know how to do it. Basically, it does it automatically. Just install iTunes, plug in your iPod and it'll do the rest (including pictures).

However, what I don't like about the iPod is the fact that its smooth and sleek build deteriorates (quite quickly) after 2 weeks. It's very easily scratched, including the screen. Also, the headphones that come included may have good sound but they're uncomfortable as hell. I personally went for a pair of these which are extremely comfortable and have amazing sound quality, especially its bass.

You might also want to check out the new iPod.

Deleted User
October 14, 2005, 7:43 am
hah you bought an ipod right before the new one was realesd....i mean thnakyou for that insight, i am still debating the issue, ipods look promising but the problems you stated and it commonly screws up having to use the warranty more then it really should be used. i think more research into the subject is needed

Captain Ben
October 14, 2005, 11:00 am
Taal, to tell the truth, I don't think you should be looking for advice here, out of all places.

i am ahab
October 14, 2005, 11:14 am
as a general guide, ipods tend to look better and have simpler interfaces as hitman says. Alternatives, of which iriver is a very good competitor, tend to offer higher levels of functionality (like synchronisation with other computer programs) and better sound quality.

i'd go with an iriver. but thats me. plus those white earphones are asking to be mugged. its like, yes, yes i do have £200 worth of absolutely nickable highly in demand portable and easily wiped kit in my pocket. oh you have a knife? umm, want an ipod?

Deleted User
October 14, 2005, 12:17 pm
taal your retarded the one hitman got was the large ipod that could get photos, ipod nano cant i think

b00stA
October 14, 2005, 9:37 pm
quote:Originally posted by Hitmanit even has a little option called Sound Check which makes sure that the volume of the music you're listening to stays at a constant level, throughout mellow and heavy songs.
Dynamic Range Compression amirite?

Deleted User
October 15, 2005, 12:03 am
What the hecks an iRiver... and get an iPod! ^^

frogboy
October 15, 2005, 5:15 am
Go with Creative. Cheaper and better than Ipods.

a-4-year-old
October 15, 2005, 5:24 am
exactly ipod is i[CENSORED] and iriver is it's aspiring younger brother

Captain Ben
October 15, 2005, 3:11 pm
Funtwist is good, but then again, that's all I have.