( search forums )
camera follow speed on death
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
rabidhamster
October 10, 2005, 5:12 pm
you know how the camera follows your head when you die? well, what if instead of the camera following your head, the camera would just have about 1/4 of the momentum in which your body flew. it's hard to explain.

for example, if you're running to the left, and you run head on into 2 grenades right next to each other, and you go flying, the camera would stay near the the explosion, but move to the right slightly.

if you still don't get it, imagine getting killed on top of a cliff, then having your body fall off the cliff. instead of the camera following your body hurtling down the cliff, it would move slightly downward.

please comment.

EDIT: instead of the camera folling your body at 1/4 speed, what if there was an option in soldat that said camera follow speed on death (%):?

Deleted User
October 11, 2005, 11:23 pm
hmmmmmmmmmmm i it's a good option so i think it would be ok to add?

Deleted User
October 11, 2005, 11:26 pm
Err, i dont really see a point to that...nor do I see any visual kewlness to it. o.o; I dont know. I wouldnt mind it regardless.

Koon
October 12, 2005, 1:08 am
There should be a few other options too, like camera stays on site of death.

F3nyx
October 12, 2005, 3:12 am
This is a good idea, sometimes it's really disorienting when your head gets blasted off by a Barret hit and goes flying across the entirety of CTF_Run.

Swarmer
October 12, 2005, 7:03 am
the best part is that you can see what enemies are coming from, and sometime where the EFC is.

Deleted User
October 12, 2005, 10:47 pm
Oh, now I get the point. I guess that would work, however I dont really mind whether my screen is zipping 200 mph because its easily fixed with a *click* to view another player, just to warp back to my own soldat when i respawn 2 seconds later. o.o;

Swarmer, I dont think it would matter, if you died at ctf_run on the top and you respawn in 2 seconds, dont you think that you would know just before dying that they were coming? =3

rabidhamster
October 13, 2005, 5:36 pm
quote:Originally posted by KoonThere should be a few other options too, like camera stays on site of death.
in which case you could set the camera follow speed on death to 0%. then again, something like 2% would be a lot cooler if you wanted a stationary camera on death because it would move ever so slightly, which i think is cool.