( search forums )
Soldat - The movie. cmon.. help meh
Soldat Forums - Misc - The Bash Pit
Deleted User
October 10, 2005, 10:22 pm
I have a great idea for a soldat flash.. I will even TRY to include voice acting.. it will be as much a comedy as an action movie... but since I am a noob in flash kinda, I dont know if it will turn out as I picture it in my head, or as something horrrrible... I think I can make it work, tho I think it will take alooot of time.

and some technical problems that I have... I want to make the movie happening on soldat maps (screenshots of maps will be the stage) to get a boosted soldat feeling :P but they tunr out so pixelly when I zoom in...

is it possible to take an overview of a soldat map and make it such good quality I can zoom in and use it as background? or will it mess up the file size or isnt not even possible?

heeeelp meh :P

UGK
October 10, 2005, 11:04 pm
I think it would be Awesome! May I volunteer for voice acting?

Deleted User
October 10, 2005, 11:07 pm
hm.. I dunno Its only in the idea state.. it may never happen. but I will give it a goood try.
thanks for the support tho

AerialAssault
October 10, 2005, 11:32 pm
be sure to include me. i can do voice acting.

Deleted User
October 10, 2005, 11:34 pm
oh I hadnt planned to have actual soldat players in the movie.. but that could actually be fun. :P

Vijchtidoodah
October 10, 2005, 11:53 pm
Psycho, for the maps, just take screenshots of certain parts of each map and stitch them together in photoshop. If you need any help (preloader, general advice), I can help out a bunch.

Deleted User
October 11, 2005, 6:27 am
urk.. I dont have, or is good at photoshop.

Silent Soldier
October 11, 2005, 6:31 am
A CHALLENGE! CAN PSYCHO WIN SILENT SOLDIER? ROUND 1, FIGHT! :P
Yeah, I'm making one too, you can check some stuff in the Pivot thread.

m00`
October 11, 2005, 6:49 am
this would be a lot better if you used demo recording with actors and stuff and a really good person at doing stuff with movies, i was gonna do this a long time ago but we were never able to start because no one was online at the same time :D

Captain Ben
October 11, 2005, 6:50 am
I could dance or something.

CAN I BE THE INTERMISSION PIRATE?!!

Deleted User
October 11, 2005, 7:22 am
I dont wanna do it ingame.. I would like to experiment with flash, and I think its a great prg. and Silent solidier your on :D I think your reslt wil turn out better, but we´ll see. =)

Silent Soldier
October 11, 2005, 1:30 pm
Yeah, I think also that a Soldat flash, not took from the game by recording, would be rather nice.

Deleted User
October 11, 2005, 2:18 pm
im thinking of skipping the idea of having the movie play on a screenshot of the map.. I dont have photoshop so I cant patch it together..

I will try to make the maps with the flash tools... will go test now.

Deleted User
October 11, 2005, 3:57 pm
OK here is some very early in progress screenshots

[IMAGE]

^im making the background in flash...^ can u see what map I made?? :)

[IMAGE]

^weapons I will use^ all made in flash by the great Zegovia. thanks, hugs and kisses m8.

if someone can help me with coloring of the map im making, I would be very grateful.... im making this with the newest flash 8 btw

Silent Soldier
October 11, 2005, 5:06 pm
Damn, can't make mine. :'(

[IMAGE]

So... You can forget about it. :|

EDIT: Nevermind, I'm off to do something with my mod...

Deleted User
October 11, 2005, 5:26 pm
what no what wtf? noo why cant u make it? whats that error?

Silent Soldier
October 11, 2005, 6:32 pm
Well that's an annoying error, I made a lot today but when I loaded it again to continue, that stupid message popped up. That takes me to the first frame and I can't edit the frame that I was editing last.

SuperKill
October 11, 2005, 6:43 pm
DAMNIT
FORGET ABOUT PIVOT ALREADY!

Silent Soldier
October 11, 2005, 6:50 pm
Shut up.

Deleted User
October 11, 2005, 7:00 pm
I had like te same prob with flash sometimes... I just load where I had left preciousley, and sunndely I cannot make keyframes.. its just a blank page. but it works when I restart tho.

Deleted User
October 11, 2005, 8:36 pm
ok, does anyone see the pictures in my 7'th post? I cant see em

Silent Soldier
October 12, 2005, 5:12 am
I see them, they look very nice, have you downloaded them?

Deleted User
October 12, 2005, 7:48 am
no theyr screenies.

Zegovia
October 12, 2005, 9:57 am
Is this the kind of Doods you wanted Psycho?
[IMAGE]

I whas about to send this to ya on MSN yesterday, but you left the moment i whas about to!

And yes, all those pesky weapons are the result of having to little to do and to much time.... :P

Swebonny
October 12, 2005, 11:24 am
can i voice act :P I speak bad ebnglish

Deleted User
October 12, 2005, 11:52 am
oh.. I saw u logged off... I stayed on for hours after... well my internet has been a bit wierd lately. send me when I get home pls. nice btw.

and I´ll see about the voices guys. :D thanks for support

Silent Soldier
October 12, 2005, 1:07 pm
Yeah, I have nothing to do on these days so I'll volunteer for voice acting, nevermind if that happens or not.

Deleted User
October 12, 2005, 2:20 pm
ok.. nice to know I have voice actors, if it turns out to be voice acting ofcorse...

im basically just waiting for Zegovias nice looking soldats to start animating... I made the flash version of Voland finished, but I should still place some scenery. will use the original soldat scenery for that :D

oh, the map also needs coloring.. anyone want to help me? It dont turn out good when I try!!

Deleted User
October 12, 2005, 8:43 pm
bump

it seems only like 3 pl give a damn about this :/ I will do it anyway.
but will need the soldats Zeg...

Deleted User
October 12, 2005, 9:43 pm
I WAANAAA BE THE BLACK GUY !!21

a-4-year-old
October 12, 2005, 9:48 pm
i would do something to help but i can't really USE flash, its just sitting inside my comp :/

Deleted User
October 12, 2005, 9:55 pm
I dont need any help with flash itself.. what I need help with can be done in photoshop..

for instance.. I want to use the original soldat scenery, but if u look in the scenery folders, there is this ugly green color around them.. now if someone could make that go awaaaay I would be eternaly thankful :P

oh and btw.. dascoo.. ??

Zegovia
October 13, 2005, 11:29 am
quote:Originally posted by Psychobump

it seems only like 3 pl give a damn about this :/ I will do it anyway.
but will need the soldats Zeg...

Patience little grashopper! ^^

Ill see if you are online today (thursday)...

Also, why would you need voice actors, you could use some squeeky sounds and such instead...

Deleted User
October 13, 2005, 1:03 pm
dooh there u are. I have been on msn all day.. havent u seen me online?

Zegovia
October 14, 2005, 9:08 am
Im sorry, i whas held up with dishes, and them my bro challenged me to soul calibur and SSBM... so i kinda forgot... :'(

Deleted User
October 14, 2005, 12:44 pm
ok... did u atleast win? xD
and if next time u are online, I am not. can u just email me?

Deleted User
October 15, 2005, 8:50 pm
okeh.. I am about ready to start making the movie...

what muscic should I use? gore, Necromancide or bloody soil? :P

a-4-year-old
October 15, 2005, 10:40 pm
quote:Originally posted by PsychoI dont need any help with flash itself.. what I need help with can be done in photoshop..

for instance.. I want to use the original soldat scenery, but if u look in the scenery folders, there is this ugly green color around them.. now if someone could make that go awaaaay I would be eternaly thankful :P

oh and btw.. dascoo.. ??

oh just go use photoshop and use the magic wand and press delete oh and make shure its not a layer called background and your done...

UGK
October 15, 2005, 11:02 pm
quote:Originally posted by dascooI WAANAAA BE THE BLACK GUY !!21

I wants to be the mexican guy iin there!!1! You cant have a gun fight without a mexican!1! Lol I'll do some voice actin if you would like. ;D

Deleted User
October 16, 2005, 12:14 am
quote:Originally posted by a-4-year-oldquote:Originally posted by PsychoI dont need any help with flash itself.. what I need help with can be done in photoshop..

oh and btw.. dascoo.. ??

oh just go use photoshop and use the magic wand and press delete oh and make shure its not a layer called background and your done...

I know, but the problem is that I dont have photoshop...
anyway, that part is fixed. (thanks felix)

and UGK I think I will be scratching voices... perhaps If I make this a series, I can add voices in later additions.. but for now I am really just doing this to practise with flash :P

and I ask again, gore, bloody soil or necromancide? ><

Deleted User
October 16, 2005, 2:15 am
Me want help....

msn: armadyl[at]gmail.com

Deleted User
October 16, 2005, 3:35 am
woot.. made the first animation. WE HAVE LIFTOFF :D

UGK
October 16, 2005, 8:08 am
quote:Originally posted by PsychoOK here is some very early in progress screenshots

[IMAGE]

^im making the background in flash...^ can u see what map I made?? :)

[IMAGE]

^weapons I will use^ all made in flash by the great Zegovia. thanks, hugs and kisses m8.

if someone can help me with coloring of the map im making, I would be very grateful.... im making this with the newest flash 8 btw

You actually paid like 200 bucks for flash?

Captain Ben
October 16, 2005, 9:10 am
Will there be a storyline? And if there is, please don't make the bad guy a hacker...
Can I be the intermission pirate? I'll animate it myself :D

Deleted User
October 16, 2005, 12:54 pm
no there will be no hackers.. (I think)

what the hell is an intermission pirate? (sounds scary)

and UGK flash cost like 600 dollars.. lets just say Im on a neverendging free trial.

and I dunno about the storyline.. im not great at making scripts :P but I can animate.

a-4-year-old
October 16, 2005, 7:50 pm
well have a main character playing necromacide and get killed and it's a noob so hes like PWNSORS NOOB!!! and hes like OH ITS ON and plays bloody soil and saws the guy and /pisses on him than that guy respawns and gets pwned and the main guy steals the flag and scores with a /victory

hope that helps, i can give you a song by metalica if that doesn't work.

ps im on a "permanant free trial" too XD

Deleted User
October 16, 2005, 8:07 pm
well, the theme will mostly be 2 teams playing CTf in voland. :P

UGK
October 16, 2005, 11:48 pm
quote:Originally posted by Psychono there will be no hackers.. (I think)

what the hell is an intermission pirate? (sounds scary)

and UGK flash cost like 600 dollars.. lets just say Im on a neverendging free trial.

and I dunno about the storyline.. im not great at making scripts :P but I can animate.

I wants the never ending free trial. Where did you get it?

Deleted User
October 17, 2005, 11:01 am
im not gonna say that.. I would risk a ban :P

Zegovia
October 17, 2005, 12:30 pm
Story? is there even a story in soldat? just make a bunch of random soldat players killing each other!!

Deleted User
October 17, 2005, 4:34 pm
well, not a story.. but I gotta like plan what happens in the movie.. and the soldats will talk and stuff. but now I am just in the testing phase.. I just make stuff and see if I can turn something good outa it.

Keron Cyst
October 17, 2005, 6:38 pm
o_O

I'll make a script! T'at okay? But first I'd need to know how many people are going to be in the movie...

Deleted User
October 17, 2005, 9:31 pm
I reckon 3 vs 3 ^^

a-4-year-old
October 17, 2005, 10:33 pm
i would do something
voice, voice, voice oh and if you need someone to do a voice ill do that too.
but really are you gonna put real names in the game? if so, you have my permistion to use a-4-year-old, (like you need it) go ahead even if you kick me within the first few seconds or make me look like a noob :/

Deleted User
October 17, 2005, 11:45 pm
dunno about the names... It is a great idea, but I dont know how ppl from the forums would act ingame.. if someone wrote specifically what the different caracters names and what they would say and stuff, I could do it.. if not, it will just be random soldats :P

UGK
October 18, 2005, 12:57 am
quote:Originally posted by Psychoim not gonna say that.. I would risk a ban :P

Just Pm me....

Deleted User
October 18, 2005, 9:07 am
well, why dont u enable PM's first and I will consider it.

Captain Ben
October 18, 2005, 10:17 am
UGK, for you, I'll risk a ban.
Psycho's 'unlimited free trial' means that he either downloaded/bought the an illegal version of Flash and cracked it, or used a serial code breaker.

Psycho, don't you know what an intermission is? bASICALLY a break between movies where you can go to the toilet or go buy more stuff. Not in cinemas anymore, but in theatres, yes.
I'll even dance, dammit!

Deleted User
October 18, 2005, 11:20 am
lol... fine, do an intermission and I will put it in the flash :D

and I just downloaded the flash trial from the macromedia home page, then simply found a serial for it... easy as that.

Deleted User
October 18, 2005, 3:57 pm
YOU FILTHY STEALER DIDN'T YOUR MOTHER TOLD YOU TO NOT TO STEAL!!1!11KEKEKEKEKEKE

I can do the script, if you like. I would. You're also free to use my name, if you care. Just make it some retard with a chainsaw and an invinsible head. And use an unhealthy amount of /piss.

Deleted User
October 18, 2005, 6:02 pm
Im not really ready to start animating yet. I have recieved lot of help from people (thanks to Zegovia (caracters) Felix (helped me with scenery :P) and DrivenUnder (huge help with the map) and now I am just testing around, and putting together different caracters...

Keron Cyst
October 18, 2005, 6:48 pm
Can it be 4 vs. 4? According to my layout of the story one person from each side will get kicked/banned in the first 5 min. :-P

Deleted User
October 18, 2005, 7:58 pm
5 min? umm.. im not gonna make a uber long flash here :P but ok... 4v4 it is... but can everyone on the enemy team (the red team be our hero's :P) look the same..

Keron Cyst
October 21, 2005, 1:38 am
Erm...

well, the story's about...

Agh, I'll go PM you.

Deleted User
October 21, 2005, 11:19 am
aight ^^

Captain Ben
October 21, 2005, 11:36 am
Screw it. I'm just gonna make it and Pm it to you.

Deleted User
October 21, 2005, 10:04 pm
sounds like a plan

a-4-year-old
October 29, 2005, 2:25 am
lol so thats it???

UGK
October 29, 2005, 9:26 pm
I wonder when this movie is gonna come out? Should be lke a huge propaganda of this New Release. Surely looking forwoard to this. :D

Deleted User
October 29, 2005, 10:57 pm
im not working on it too much... (Keron was gonna send me a script*cough*)
but I have some other flash project im doing for the flash community I joined..
N00b Nation

im making my part for a collab, and its deadline soon.. but I am planning on making the soldat movie. and im learning more flash every day, so the longer I wait, the better it be ^^

UGK
October 31, 2005, 5:22 am
If I try Flash I probably suck and make some crappy movie with no voice.

Deleted User
October 31, 2005, 4:57 pm
u dont even wanna see my first attempt at flash xD

Zegovia
October 31, 2005, 6:45 pm
Its to late for me! O_O'

Teh HORROR!!!

Keron Cyst
October 31, 2005, 8:33 pm
quote:Originally posted by Psycho... Keron was gonna send me a script*cough*...

You never said how long it should be! And etc....

Deleted User
October 31, 2005, 8:44 pm
its no stress, I'll do it myself :P