( search forums )
I just bought a server..
Soldat Forums - Server Talk - Server Help
.alex.oner.
October 10, 2005, 11:27 pm
but..
On my soldat server, for some reason the map doesn't change. I change the map loop to '1', and have a maplist.txt with the map names included, yet after the time has fallen down to zero, the map doesn't change and stays on the same map with 0 seconds remaining..

Any help?

Thanks,
Alex..

n00bface
October 10, 2005, 11:46 pm
Is it a linux server? If it is, map names are case sensitive, you can't have any spaces at the end of the names, and having blank lines at the end of the file will mess it up.

What does it say in the console when the map changes?

.alex.oner.
October 11, 2005, 7:37 am
im not sure if it linux or not, i bought it from clanplanet.co.uk..

anyway, in the mapslist it looks like this:
Ctf_B2b
Ctf_Voland
Ctf_Laos
Ctf_Viet
Ctf_Nuubia
Ctf_Maya

and in the console then nothing happens.. the normal '10..9..8' goes down to 0, and then nothing happens, the map is still on with 0 seconds remaining but you can still play..

i am ahab
October 11, 2005, 10:48 am
alex the clanplanet servers are linux.

lemme guess loops on death right?

you need the first c in ctf to be lowercase ;)
ctf_B2b
ctf_Laos
ctf_Kampf
ctf_Equinox
... etc

if its still not working pm me and ill send you my ini that works fine. i have a cp server too see.
also try removing any extra info you placed in the soldat.ini file. it maybe that the server reads one of the characters in it as an escape character and then doesnt read the rest of the file. could be in your server greeting or something.

have fun.
nick.

Leo
October 11, 2005, 11:50 am
Actually clanplanet soldat servers are windows dedicated.

i am ahab
October 11, 2005, 11:52 am
really? thats not what i was told....

Leo
October 11, 2005, 12:36 pm
Yes, I had a server from them but I stopped after a while because, for some weird reason, my custom maps didn'n work.

.alex.oner.
October 11, 2005, 4:26 pm
ok, i changed it to lower case letters, but still no luck.. i am ahab i PMed you, so hopefully things will be running smothly soon..

edit:
i am such a noob, i originally deleted the mapslist.txt, and replaced it with maplist.txt.. so, it was just called the wrong thing.. AHH! anyway, thanks all =)

i am ahab
October 11, 2005, 6:56 pm
lol you muffin ;) sry just replied to yr pm before i read this. have fun.