( search forums )
Just sprouted an idea for M79/Barret
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Soldat Improvements Discussion
Deleted User
October 11, 2005, 12:36 pm
One shot kill guns.
The only thing that matters is the skill of the player with the one shot kill gun.
I came up with an idea to even this. Too much bink makes you drop the weapon.
Too early in the morning I'll say more after school.

F3nyx
October 11, 2005, 6:07 pm
I have never understood why people hate OSK guns so much... I don't use them except as backup weapons, but they're well balanced with the other guns. You make it sound as though good players using Barret/M79 always defeat players using anything else, which isn't at all the case.

Plus, if you've already binked them that much, they should be dead or at least severely wounded. Just finish 'em, who cares if they're holding the weapon or not.

Keron Cyst
October 11, 2005, 6:14 pm
Too much bink makes the weapon unusable. Just use an auto and stay away from M79ers.

Deleted User
October 11, 2005, 8:56 pm
quote:Originally posted by Keron CystToo much bink makes the weapon unusable. Just use an auto and stay away from M79ers.

If you are referring the the m79 or barret mis-firing because of bink it rarely happens for me. Maybe all the barret people get lucky alot but I find that my auto hardly ever gives me the advantage, just gives them more time to aim and shoot. :/

Dark_Noddy
October 11, 2005, 9:40 pm
I cant see why ppl whine so much about the one hit killers (god I miss 1.1.3) I mean, the only place they shouldnt be is in a 1:1 and if youre in one, and the suXer uses one, just use one back.. Sure, an superb Barreter Vs a superb <insert gun> would most likely end in a dead <insert gun>'er but what happens when this person comes over the next top and is bleeding nicely and meets another player with say a spas ? hes dead meat.. I think the guns are nice ! (only one I dont like is Mp5 :D But I'll live with it) get over it allread, its been whining about this since I dunno, 1.1.4 ? Or foervever...

Deleted User
October 11, 2005, 11:33 pm
quote:Originally posted by Dark_NoddyI cant see why ppl whine so much about the one hit killers (god I miss 1.1.3) I mean, the only place they shouldnt be is in a 1:1 and if youre in one, and the suXer uses one, just use one back.. Sure, an superb Barreter Vs a superb <insert gun> would most likely end in a dead <insert gun>'er but what happens when this person comes over the next top and is bleeding nicely and meets another player with say a spas ? hes dead meat.. I think the guns are nice ! (only one I dont like is Mp5 :D But I'll live with it) get over it allread, its been whining about this since I dunno, 1.1.4 ? Or foervever...

...Did anyone understand that? Sorry, punctuation would be nice, i really cant read what you're trying to say. =x It has something to do with barrets though, I just know it!

The gun drop idea would be nice, except itd probably have to apply to other guns. My idea for nerfing the lame osk's a bit would be just to tone down the barret to the point it only kills torso and up, and giving that blasted m79 a longer reload.

And anyways, the reason they're such a problem is because they can kill you before you bink them enough to screw up their shot, most of the time they STILL manage to kill you. m79s just charge right up to you and fire off a round, and even if you kill them, 90% of the time they manage to kill you aswell. And THATS just 1:1, theres so many of them now, they need to be put down so that newbies arent so attracted to them...or lazy players who gave up on their old weapons.

Deleted User
October 12, 2005, 12:00 am
In my opinion, there's no real way to nerf them without either ruining the whole point of them or making them too annoying to use. I vote that we power up the other weapons instead of nerfing the one-shots.

solohan50
October 12, 2005, 12:22 am
Well, I do agree with Muffin in the fact that there really isn't any way to nerf a one hit kill weapon without making it worthless. But most of you will agree that the one hit kill weapons are only annoying en masse. I can handle one or two barrets, but 6 barrets in a 10-slot server makes it virtually impossible to play, having experienced it many times in my own server. To counter this, however, I feel that MM should implement a way for server admins to restrict the number of weapons in a server, so that you can limit barret use to maybe 2 or 4 users, so as to avoid infesting a server with them, and allowing everyone to have a better time playing. This has been suggested before, but I would like people to keep pushing for it. After all, it was people complaining very loudly about "spraying" that got auto-bink implemented.

Deleted User
October 12, 2005, 12:22 am
Just mod it, and you can get whatever you want

Keron Cyst
October 12, 2005, 12:31 am
quote:Originally posted by ElGat0quote:Originally posted by Keron CystToo much bink makes the weapon unusable. Just use an auto and stay away from M79ers.If you are referring the the m79 or barret mis-firing because of bink it rarely happens for me. Maybe all the barret people get lucky alot but I find that my auto hardly ever gives me the advantage, just gives them more time to aim and shoot. :/
Are you hitting them a lot? Like at least half of whatever amount of bullets you exhaust into them (I actually don't launch the entire clip, usually)?

Deleted User
October 12, 2005, 3:06 am
quote:Originally posted by Keron Cystquote:Originally posted by ElGat0quote:Originally posted by Keron CystToo much bink makes the weapon unusable. Just use an auto and stay away from M79ers.If you are referring the the m79 or barret mis-firing because of bink it rarely happens for me. Maybe all the barret people get lucky alot but I find that my auto hardly ever gives me the advantage, just gives them more time to aim and shoot. :/
Are you hitting them a lot? Like at least half of whatever amount of bullets you exhaust into them (I actually don't launch the entire clip, usually)?

Ya, im probably just very unlucky.

OR....... They suck so much that when I make them bink their shot actually hits me instead of missing. o_O

a-4-year-old
October 12, 2005, 9:24 pm
no, osk weps are just nooby, be a man and use a gun that takes more than 5 minutes to master, there is not much differance between a noob sniper and a master sniper infact THE 2 ARE ONE IN THE SAME (O_O) what makes me sick is people who say that real soldiers camp. well if we want to be realistic here... *pauses before noob flame*

xtishereb
October 12, 2005, 9:33 pm
Hey, here's an idea: What about giving them (1-shot guns) crazy bink? That way, if they change to another weapon, then that weapon'll be fubared. Of course, what are the odds of a n00b changing weapons?

Deleted User
October 12, 2005, 11:01 pm
Well, really the thing imo that needs to be done is just make the damn things harder to use. Its that, or turn it back into 1.2.1 and be able to kill them [CENSORED]s off quicker. My suggestions for adding difficulty to the primary osk's...

M79:

- Longer reload
- .1-2 delayed shot
- Less splash range
- Do more damage to the user when jumping or shooting up close
- User is pushed the same way a minigun pushes the user, slightly, upon shooting an m79 round (It will mess up your speed, but it wont reload fast enough to surf. :F)

Barret

- Again, only kills when the user is shot from torso or up (Which can be modded)
- Cursor sways when user is crouching/laying down
- Bullet cant kill after it reaches a certain extent (Scouting)

And honestly thats all I can think of to make it harder to use without actually making it a 100% camp gun. Id rather fight offensive barretards then campers.

vash763
October 12, 2005, 11:48 pm
quote:Originally posted by ElGat0quote:Originally posted by Keron CystToo much bink makes the weapon unusable. Just use an auto and stay away from M79ers.

I find that my auto hardly ever gives me the advantage, just gives them more time to aim and shoot. :/

then dont use your auto

Deleted User
October 13, 2005, 12:52 am
quote:Originally posted by vash763quote:Originally posted by ElGat0I find that my auto hardly ever gives me the advantage, just gives them more time to aim and shoot. :/

then dont use your auto

The problem with that is that autos are supposed to be the weapons you use to counter instakillers. What is there besides the autos to use? Hmmm... There's the shotgun, ruger, and DEs; none of which are good options for dealing with instakillers, for obvious reasons.

So, if you can't depend on autos, and you can't depend on single-shooters, what's left? The worst-case scenario--the instakillers.

And fighting fire with fire is not the solution. By picking up an instakiller to kill the instakillers, you only contribute to the problem.

As for my personal views on the situation, I believe some minor changes would indeed fix things. In fact, Extacide named them; a longer reload and increased damage to the user for the M79, and then torso-up instakills only. I think this would be enough to alleviate the overabundance of exclusive wielders while maintaining most of the weapons' usefulness.

The only thing I really disagree with Extacide on would be that I'd rather face campers than a barret assault; I find campers more fun (and more rewarding) to kill :)

Deleted User
October 13, 2005, 4:09 am
Yeah, but assaulting barretards are alot easier to attack, i mean, with an auto, if you're running top on laos going right and a barretard flies from the top, you could easily just back up and spray, bink him and charge in (if) he misses. A camper you dont see coming until you know where he is. =3

Deleted User
October 13, 2005, 4:17 am
A good way to make the m79 less annoying without nerfing it would be to give it a much bigger blast radius and maybe less of an arc. That way it won't own in tunnels like it does now and make it better for its intended use: Shelling from a distance.

Making the barret less annoying would be harder. Perhaps you can see the light reflecting of their scope if you look in their direction? And making "movement bink" even more extreme would make "offensive snipers" less of a threat.

Deleted User
October 13, 2005, 11:52 pm
quote:Originally posted by Officer_BulbockA good way to make the m79 less annoying without nerfing it would be to give it a much bigger blast radius and maybe less of an arc. That way it won't own in tunnels like it does now and make it better for its intended use: Shelling from a distance.

Making the barret less annoying would be harder. Perhaps you can see the light reflecting of their scope if you look in their direction? And making "movement bink" even more extreme would make "offensive snipers" less of a threat.

Oh god, that would make it just as bad in other instances, thered be no way to fight it except with an arched gun. Making the gun harder to use offensively would just promote the osk newbies to camp, or begin strategies involving camping and moving. Very annoying. -.-

Deleted User
October 14, 2005, 1:11 am
Are you retarded Officer_Bulbock? The vast majority of m79 noobs does kills IN CLOSE RANGE. FFS.

peemonkey
October 14, 2005, 1:18 am
quote:Originally posted by Extacidequote:Originally posted by Dark_NoddyI cant see why ppl whine so much about the one hit killers (god I miss 1.1.3) I mean, the only place they shouldnt be is in a 1:1 and if youre in one, and the suXer uses one, just use one back.. Sure, an superb Barreter Vs a superb <insert gun> would most likely end in a dead <insert gun>'er but what happens when this person comes over the next top and is bleeding nicely and meets another player with say a spas ? hes dead meat.. I think the guns are nice ! (only one I dont like is Mp5 :D But I'll live with it) get over it allread, its been whining about this since I dunno, 1.1.4 ? Or foervever...

...Did anyone understand that? Sorry, punctuation would be nice, i really cant read what you're trying to say. =x It has something to do with barrets though, I just know it!

i understood it completely. <3 dark noddy. though 1.1.2 > 1.1.3 XD

Deleted User
October 14, 2005, 2:18 am
Dont be hating the m79. Not much noobs use it, and the ones who do miss 80% of the time <_< which is alot. Anyways, who cares, m79 is a nice weapon that takes time to learn its nice arcs and boosting abilites =) And it owns the barret hehe. Atleast I do, but yeh barrets suck. I dont see anyone these days using barret as a non/camping skill. They seem to have dissapeared.

Deleted User
October 14, 2005, 5:30 am
Dont be hating the m79. Not much noobs use it
-wrong

and the ones who do miss 80% of the time
-maybe longrange, but its pretty hard to miss in close range

And it owns the barret hehe
- barret ranges the m79, thus owning it.

I dont see anyone these days using barret as a non/camping skill.
- because most of them use m79 now, most one's who do are BR, though.

m79 is a nice weapon that takes time to learn its nice arcs and boosting abilites
-m79 is basically a knife that reloads. Except no other weapon gets this boosting. I want boosting from all weapons... M79 doesn't deserve an advantage of height other than jets.

Deleted User
October 14, 2005, 6:07 am
quote:Originally posted by ZamorakAre you retarded Officer_Bulbock? The vast majority of m79 noobs does kills IN CLOSE RANGE. FFS.

Ummm, what the hell? Wouldn't a bigger blast radius make close range kills more difficult?

Zegovia
October 14, 2005, 11:22 am
The barret is a Sniper rifle, snipers act ALMOST the same way as a regular camper (since there are so many campers, few people can tell how a real sniper acts.).

And in reality, the barret can shoot semi automaticly, people should be happy for that its only one shot at a time in soldat!

And its freakin made for piercering TANKS, so when used against a soldier, the result in soldat is just what youd get!!

.FF.nEcRoTik
October 14, 2005, 4:07 pm
quote:And it owns the barret hehe

wrong, you cant say that a determined weapon 'owns' another if all of them are balanced and each one of them has their own unique way of being used. Secondly, i dont seem to watch many barret users shooting in curves, over some walls, etc.. they usually only shoot forward from where they are pointing at, obviously.

quote:m79 is a nice weapon that takes time to learn its nice arcs and boosting abilites
-m79 is basically a knife that reloads. Except no other weapon gets this boosting. I want boosting from all weapons... M79 doesn't deserve an advantage of height other than jets.

I have never seen a knife killing more than 1 player at once, so no it isnt like a 'knife with boosting abilities'. If you actually play Soldat you'll notice that all weapons provide boosts according to it's damage dealt, perhaps.. and i've never seen a guy getting shot by some pistol and jump 5 meters above the ground. m79 shoots out a granade, so i think it deserves to provide such boost.

Deleted User
October 14, 2005, 6:59 pm
And it owns the barret hehe

wrong, you cant say that a determined weapon 'owns' another if all of them are balanced and each one of them has their own unique way of being used. Secondly, i dont seem to watch many barret users shooting in curves, over some walls, etc.. they usually only shoot forward from where they are pointing at, obviously.

except, it isn't balanced. And even it if was, a user with %100 accuracy vs. a 1shotwonder users with %100 accuracy. 1shot WINS EVERY SINGLE TIME. If the barret ranges the m79, the barret wins, period. WITHIN RANGE, they both die.

m79 is a nice weapon that takes time to learn its nice arcs and boosting abilites

I have never seen a knife killing more than 1 player at once, so no it isnt like a 'knife with boosting abilities'. If you actually play Soldat you'll notice that all weapons provide boosts according to it's damage dealt, perhaps.. and i've never seen a guy getting shot by some pistol and jump 5 meters above the ground. m79 shoots out a granade, so i think it deserves to provide such boost.

-Let's see, it's extremely unlikely to kill more than one person at a time with the m79. And m79 BOOSTS THE USER TOO. I don't think it deserves it, they can jump up, get a height advantage, and be ready to fire when they come down.

Deleted User
October 14, 2005, 7:27 pm
Who cares about M79 boosting? You can do it with frag grenades :P

Deleted User
October 14, 2005, 10:01 pm
But that takes actual thought process, with timing..

a-4-year-old
October 14, 2005, 10:13 pm
ok the m79 can shoot up and ark for a cool trickshot to kill a barretarding camper,
ruger CAN pwn a barretard IF you get lucky
ak-74 cant kill a barretard shots are to slow
mp5 if your close/lucky
styger blink=nochance=barretardage
minigun no
spaz could totally [CENSORED] their aming IF they are close enough
deagles no
minimi if you totally spray them down
barret can pwn barret
barret can pwn m79
law nochance
soccom only if they miss TWICE
knife actually yes if your close :/
saw actually yes if your behind them

Deleted User
October 14, 2005, 10:42 pm
The minigun can bink Snipers to hell if they're too stupid to get up and move.
And you can take somebody down with a socom suprisingly fast if you practice with it.

Deleted User
October 14, 2005, 11:03 pm
quote:Originally posted by Zamorak

except, it isn't balanced. And even it if was, a user with %100 accuracy vs. a 1shotwonder users with %100 accuracy. 1shot WINS EVERY SINGLE TIME. If the barret ranges the m79, the barret wins, period. WITHIN RANGE, they both die.

I dont know about that Zamorak, I get owned by GAMEOVER alot with his ruger. Also, I can kill barretards easily, and I have the advantage of boosting them over making them shoot above my head and my faster reload time makes me blow them into pieces. But thats only if I can spot them out, or they dont know im coming.

M79 boosting is awesomee. If you want to boost, then use the m79. Its like me saying 'Omgz. I want my m79 to have 4 grenades come out then a reload'. But yeh, m79 is a unique weapon and I love it on air filled maps. It totally deserves it and stuff.

Deleted User
October 15, 2005, 1:01 am
"Ummm, what the hell? Wouldn't a bigger blast radius make close range kills more difficult?"
-I must've misunderstood you, what do you mean by blast radius?

drivenunder I pwn you too alot with ruger :O. Anyways when I said barret beats m79, it does when both players are of equal skill level, I.E %100 accuracy 1v1. Since barret ranges m79, m79 users dies unless he sneaks past. 1 shot kills don't need an advantage, as you stated you had. That is the exact reason. If boost is not nerfed, then reload should be.
I don't like the m79, playing with or otherwise. If I want to boost I would want to use MY OWN WEAPON. And for you lamers who say "DODGE ZOMFG", you try keeping range on a m79 user in a map like voland, equinox, nuubia, ECT.

"Its like me saying Omgz. I want my m79 to have 4 grenades come out then a reload'."
Explain?? It is really not. You saying that means it would change conrete stats. Boost is not a value on a weapon.

Even if a minigun binks snipers to hell, what the [CENSORED]ing good is it going to do? you have a minigun.

Tell me exactly why m79 deserves the boost.

Deleted User
October 15, 2005, 1:21 am
Oh please brother, you dont exactly pwn me with Ruger just yet. Boost makes it unique, and its nice for retrieving flag in b2b. Thats all. Unless like me, I boost myself off corners and [CENSORED].

Deleted User
October 15, 2005, 2:07 am
quote:Originally posted by Zamorak
Even if a minigun binks snipers to hell, what the [CENSORED]ing good is it going to do? you have a minigun.

I must misunderstand you but, did you just diss my minigun? xD

And by blast radius I mean that the explosions bigger. So using it in a small tunnel would be extremely diffucult; unlike now where you can kill someone at annoyingly close range.

xtishereb
October 15, 2005, 2:52 am
Recoil a la Spas for the M79 would definently be good. I heard that M79s have greater recoil than shotguns (which have very little recoil), except the shortened barrel means the recoil is not as long. So the M79 should have recoil that pushes them in the opposite direction like the shotgun.

Barrett should have longer reload and/or fire interval. I think that the scope's range should be decreased while crouching.

And as I've said, they both should get more self-bink. I think it's ridiculous that a anti-tank weapon has less recoil than a sub-machine gun. I know Barrett gives 80 bink to the target (if they aren't dead), so to make this happen bink should be divided into 2 modes: normal and self.

Deleted User
October 15, 2005, 4:38 am
The barret and M79 are fine when it comes to a couple guys whipping them out on occasion, like any other gun. What would happen in a one on one confrontation between the two, or with either and any other gun, is completely irrelevant--each gun is not supposed to be able to fare equally well against every other gun. So what if your M79 isn't proving to be effective against that assaulting barret user? Grab a different weapon to take him out, it's why we have ten different primaries and four secondaries in the first place.

What everyone agrees to be the problem is that the two guns see too much use--it's not that hard to deal with a barret shot or M79 shell, but when there's multiple ones flying toward you at any given moment, one of them is going to hit you.

Lastly, the minigun can be very effective against barrets--I've won a deathmatch full of barrets in Frosty's Snowland or whatever it's called, using only my trusty minigun. The trick is to corner the suckers.

Deleted User
October 15, 2005, 4:58 am
quote:Originally posted by DrivenUnderOh please brother, you dont exactly pwn me with Ruger just yet. Boost makes it unique, and its nice for retrieving flag in b2b. Thats all. Unless like me, I boost myself off corners and [CENSORED].

I beat GAMEOVER with ruger... :P
-------------------------------------
I also have a problem with the maps. The maps are half of the problem with m79.... Voland needs to be removed.

2 ways to solve the m79.
Add bink, and lots of it..
Longer reload...

Deleted User
October 15, 2005, 3:39 pm
Nah, I think you should just leave it alone. Now the Ruger, ouch.. definite longer reload.

Deleted User
October 15, 2005, 7:31 pm
If we leave the m79 alone, I think ruger should be left alone. It will go to crap even more. Maybe just a little bink for m79 would be good.

Sorry if I sounded condescending earlier..

Deleted User
October 15, 2005, 7:48 pm
Its ok. Is bink like, the accuracy thing? I dont think m79 has an bink unless their being hit my machine gun.

Deleted User
October 15, 2005, 9:29 pm
Well there is 2 types of bink.
There's Movement Bink, where if you are moving, your aim will be more off. And the other type is when you're getting shot.

SabugoStorm
October 15, 2005, 9:53 pm
I doubt m79 can own a good barret user. A good barret player is not a camper stuck in the ground, and he can hit you far before you get in range to shoot him. He only needs a clear shoot, and the arc in m79 makes the need for an extra split second for the m79er to shoot, the fatal split second. I don't know why so much fuss about the m79, they are so easy to dodge. They are only painful in close range ( near point-blank range ), and this range most weapons are deadly. Further than that you can dodge it easily. The same don't go in barrets, heck, a flying barreter can shoot you down instantly, and no boost will help you there.

Deleted User
October 16, 2005, 10:45 am
quote:wrong, you cant say that a determined weapon 'owns' another if all of them are balanced and each one of them has their own unique way of being used. Secondly, i dont seem to watch many barret users shooting in curves, over some walls, etc.. they usually only shoot forward from where they are pointing at, obviously.

Sad story is, 1 weapon can pwn all, regardless of what weapon is being pwned. At 100% skill of each player, barret always wins, because it forces the enemy to go in his range.

@Driven

...What the hell are you smoking? m79 is used by 30% of the soldat community now a days, barret being used by 40%. Thats just TWO weapons, the rest of the 30% falls into every other gun.

frogboy
October 16, 2005, 12:07 pm
quote:m79 is used by 30% of the soldat community now a days, barret being used by 40%. Thats just TWO weapons, the rest of the 30% falls into every other gun.

98% of the teenage population will try, does or has tried smoking pot.
If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this into your signature.
From qdb.us:
(Lurking) did you know that 62% of statistics are made up on the spot?
(Nick) did you know that joke is unfunny 100% of the time?

lpzie
October 21, 2005, 5:30 pm
I got an idea... it's called shut the hell up. =)

kthxplxdiebye

Deleted User
October 21, 2005, 6:42 pm
Who are you??

Don't be a [CENSORED].

lpzie
October 21, 2005, 8:24 pm
=/ Come on bud.

I think the endding of my msg pretty much showed I wasnt serious.

Ease up some.

(plus.. i dont think it matters who i am)

Deleted User
October 22, 2005, 12:15 am
Yeah, dont be a [CENSORED]head. Stupid ass...