October 11, 2005, 11:39 pm
http://www.transbuddha.com/mediaHolder.php?id=940

Melba
October 11, 2005, 11:46 pm
You do know that it's a joke right?
If you dont, Read the rolling text.

SuperKill
October 11, 2005, 11:46 pm
hahahahah i saw that at first.. that was pretty amazing.
i liked the old fart that went "i'd make a f*cking crater out of the middle east for all i care".
that old douche wasted a couple years to live by wasting energy to say that.

OH! edit 2 - (yes its a joke, but the interviewed people aren't aware of that).

Aquarius
October 11, 2005, 11:51 pm
quote:You do know that it's a joke right?
If you dont, Read the rolling text.
I know it's a joke, but I am afraid all the people except the guy with the map are serious.

Melba
October 11, 2005, 11:51 pm
!oh

karmazon
October 12, 2005, 12:09 am
yes they are

peemonkey
October 12, 2005, 12:09 am
americans ARE idiots. all of them.

Cookie.
October 12, 2005, 1:00 am
Reminds me of some show or something called Talking with Americans :P It is funny and its sad but I think those people were not aware that it was a joke :P

-=Fake edit=-
http://home.comcast.net/~wwwstephen/americans/

I found it KEKEKEKe :)

-=Real Edit
http://www2.stephenville.org/bush.mpg
BHAHAAHA
"Hello Canada our eskimo neighbours to the south"

Famine
October 12, 2005, 1:30 am
Yea, lets [CENSORED]ing bomb italy!!!! lolz!

Michal
October 12, 2005, 1:49 am
Yeah, I saw it a few days ago.
I'm pretty sure it's real... funny and kind of sad :P

wormdundee
October 12, 2005, 1:51 am
Why the hell would you bomb Italy, seriously now.

Anyways, the best guy was that black guy who was saying basically to bomb everything, he even said Canada, that's some balls right there.

peemonkey
October 12, 2005, 1:59 am
[CENSORED] canada. canada aint got [CENSORED]. we got balls.

AerialAssault
October 12, 2005, 2:02 am
lol, none of them even knew where the other countries were. thats why i want to move to Holland. that and the legal...weed.

wormdundee
October 12, 2005, 4:40 am
Well I was thinking, what exactly would happen if the US decided to attack Canada. I think the UN would get pretty pissed off, but since the UN is so tied up in its own bull[CENSORED] I have to wonder if they'd get around to doing anything before Canada was a barren piece of rock.

UGK
October 12, 2005, 5:02 am
quote:Originally posted by peemonkeyamericans ARE idiots. all of them.

hell Yeah Im mexican.

Anyways Im watching it two times. One for the Scrolling text and one for the Stupid Amerikanz.

Did You see That black guy put a marker on South Korea and he was aiming for France..

Cookie.
October 12, 2005, 6:34 am
Did You see That black guy put a marker on South Korea and he was aiming for France..

DID YOU SEE THAT THE MAP CHANGED UGK HE PUT IT ON WHAT SAID FRANCE! IT CHANGES AFTER THE MAP IS TEH CHANGE TEH VALUE IT CHANGE!
ANYWAYS WTF! EVEN IF HE WAS AIMING FOR FRANCE HE DIDNT EVEN PUT IT ON [CENSORED]ING SOUTH KOREA HE PUT IT ON AUSTRALIA OFGM CAPLOCKS CUASE YOUR SO DUMB >.< Hat3

Cookie.
October 12, 2005, 6:46 am
quote:Originally posted by wormdundeeWell I was thinking, what exactly would happen if the US decided to attack Canada. I think the UN would get pretty pissed off, but since the UN is so tied up in its own bull[CENSORED] I have to wonder if they'd get around to doing anything before Canada was a barren piece of rock.

We would burn down the white house again harhar. Anyways our millitary is defending Hans island right now from Denmark we cannot afford war on two fronts! Harrrr :P

Captain Ben
October 12, 2005, 6:47 am
quote:Originally posted by peemonkey[CENSORED] canada. canada aint got [CENSORED]. we got balls.

Well, just because you have Rambo.

n00bface
October 12, 2005, 6:54 am
who cares, you can pick idiots out of any country (as UGK so wonderfully demonstrated.) this stereotype is as old as the "niggers are all thieves" stereotype. i've lived in other countries besides america, and americans are no less stupid than the rest of the world. i doubt most of you could find zaire on an unlabeled map either.

Cookie.
October 12, 2005, 6:59 am
quote:Originally posted by n00bfacewho cares, you can pick idiots out of any country (as UGK so wonderfully demonstrated.) this stereotype is as old as the "niggers are all thieves" stereotype. i've lived in other countries besides america, and americans are no less stupid than the rest of the world. i doubt most of you could find zaire on an unlabeled map either.

Haha you lose :P Zaire dosn't exist anymore keke P433r DR Congo!

Rhombus
October 12, 2005, 3:48 pm
Lol, an atlas that says North Korea, Iran or France instead of Australia :p.... and the idiots actually think it's there...

Deleted User
October 12, 2005, 3:55 pm
To be fair, they probably interviewed loads of people then just showed you the retards. I'm sure there were plenty of people with quizzical looks on their faces when they saw where Iran was on the map :o

SuperKill
October 12, 2005, 4:43 pm
quote:Originally posted by n00bfacei doubt most of you could find zaire on an unlabeled map either.

there's a huge fat difference between not knowing where Zaire is on the map, and mistaking Iran\France's location with Australia's location. especially if New Zealand is marked below.

@Stalky - that's pretty obvious.

Cookie.
October 12, 2005, 6:45 pm
quote:Originally posted by SuperKillquote:Originally posted by n00bfacei doubt most of you could find zaire on an unlabeled map either.

there's a huge fat difference between not knowing where Zaire is on the map, and mistaking Iran\France's location with Australia's location. especially if New Zealand is marked below.

Zaire isn't on new maps!!! >:P Its DR Congo!

n00bface
October 12, 2005, 7:23 pm
quote:Originally posted by SuperKillquote:Originally posted by n00bfacei doubt most of you could find zaire on an unlabeled map either.

No, I don't think there is...Nothing of concern to most of us happens in Europe or Australia, which can be attributed to the same ignorance as most people have with African countries. If we want to try another look at it then...Can most europeans point out states in the U.S. on unmarked maps? United States has an area of 9,631,418 km² while Europe has an area of only 10,600,000 km². The cultural differences in the states are very similar to the cultural differences of different European countries. I'm sure most people would be able to point out a few states like Texas, Florida, Alaska, and Hawaii, just like most Americans would be able to tell you italy looks like a boot, and france looks like a pentagon, but I don't think most people would be able to label an entire european map, just like most people wouldn't be able to label all the states in the U.S.

T-Money
October 12, 2005, 8:03 pm
I can, but that's only because my social studies teacher in freshman year spent a whole damn quarter making us memorize the locations of every African, European and Asian country on the map.

SuperKill
October 12, 2005, 8:45 pm
n00bface you're way off again.
you fail to understand that you are one country, and the rest of the world.. well.. is the whole world besides you.
concerning your comparision, yes there is quite a difference between knowing USA's states and locations, and between knowing *well known* countries and continents.
your example with USA's states proves nothing at all, not to mention the silly kilometer comparision.
just to prove my point, will most americans be able to tell me the name and location (on an unmarked map) of lets say hmm... Belgium's capital? hell i dont think most of you will be able to pinpoint Belgium on a map.
and hey, what's that? belgium is alot smaller than the US! (30,528~ km)..
besides, there are plenty of Americans that doesn't know themselves all of the names and locations for their states.

and while we're at it, i'm pretty sure that the average American, after seeing our quarrel, will think something like; "but who needs to know what's there in the rest of the world? we're more important".
note that this post doesn't mean jack [CENSORED] about favoriting Europe over USA.

but seriously wtf man? who are you kidding, and what exactly are you trying to defend?
comparing:
here's Iran! <points at Australia>
and
here's Arizona! <points at Ohio>,
is just idiotic, sorry.
and if you think its actually the same, you're just in denial.

n00bface
October 12, 2005, 9:06 pm
quote:you fail to understand that you are one country, and the rest of the world.. well.. is the whole world besides you.
Everyone knows where Europe is. Everyone knows where North America is. Everyone knows what the continents are. Now tell me what is harder, picking out a giant country (the united states) from a giant continent composed of only the U.S. and Canada? Or naming a 30,528km country out of 59 other countries? Seems to me it would be waaaay easier to find the United States. That is the point I am trying to make. There is no point in us knowing all of the European countries, just like there is no point in all of you knowing our states. That is also why I added the area to the post.

quote:besides, there are plenty of Americans that doesn't know themselves all of the names and locations for their states.
That may be true, but I'm sure the same percent applies to the number of Europeans that don't know all the names and locations of other European countries.

quote:but seriously wtf man? who are you kidding, and what exactly are you trying to defend?
comparing:
here's Iran! <points at Australia>
and
here's Arizona! <points at Ohio>,
is just idiotic, sorry.
and if you think its actually the same, you're just in denial.
No, I don't think it's the same, but if I went to the netherlands (for example) and worked with the same idea there, I could get the same results. Stupid people are in every country.

quote:and while we're at it, i'm pretty sure that the average American, after seeing our quarrel, will think something like; "but who needs to know what's there in the rest of the world? we're more important".
That is why I asked if you could pinpoint specific African countries. Why can you not do it? Are you more important than Africa? :o

SuperKill
October 12, 2005, 9:21 pm
quote:Now tell me what is harder, picking out a giant country (the united states) from a giant continent composed of only the U.S. and Canada? Or naming a 30,528km country out of 59 other countries? Seems to me it would be waaaay easier to find the United States. That is the point I am trying to make. There is no point in us knowing all of the European countries, just like there is no point in all of you knowing our states. That is also why I added the area to the post.
don't kid yourself.. nobody said anything about finding USA in a map of America's continent, and clearly nobody's trying to say anything about knowing the entire European continent.
what i was mocking at, is horrible mistakes such as confusing IRAN with AUSTRALIA for heaven's sake. (both have nothing to do with Europe i'm afraid)

quote:That may be true, but I'm sure the same percent applies to the number of Europeans that don't know all the names and locations of other European countries.
here we go back to point number 1;
small mistake, such as not knowing full info about a few states from within the USA, or not knowing a few countries in Europe, is still all good.
gigantic mistakes, such as mixing up Iran, French and Australia, are simply a mockery for intelligence wherever it's at.

quote:
No, I don't think it's the same, but if I went to the netherlands (for example) and worked with the same idea there, I could get the same results. Stupid people are in every country.
(if you don't think it's the same, what are we argueing about again?..)
except from that thing i've said about Americans being cocky, i havn't said a single thing that singled out Americans from the rest of the world. all i'm saying is that it was a misrable mistake confusing Iran and Aus~, and that it's nothing like confusing states from the US.

quote:That is why I asked if you could pinpoint specific African countries. Why can you not do it? Are you more important than Africa? :o
i dont think anybody's more important than anybody on earth, that's why i dont justify myself for not knowing exact details about Africa. it's lack of knowledge by my side.
i guess the difference, by what i meant, is that Americans *will* justify themselves by saying they are more important.

xtishereb
October 12, 2005, 9:24 pm
Man, that guy is a total h4xX0r.

Belgium is north-east of France. I know because I did a report on it last year.

a-4-year-old
October 12, 2005, 9:41 pm
wtf i can't hear it at all

n00bface
October 12, 2005, 10:02 pm
Ok I guess I'm arguing with the wrong person because I was talking to the people who considered this topic a typical case of American stupidity, when it is in fact world wide stupidity. But anyways

quote:i guess the difference, by what i meant, is that Americans *will* justify themselves by saying they are more important.
based on what???

Michal
October 13, 2005, 12:21 am
More from the same :P
(a little out-dated though)
CNNNN discovers Americans support war on Kyrgyzstan, 'wherever it may be'

Rhombus
October 13, 2005, 7:17 am
Everybody (except the americans themselves) know Americans are stupid. When ppl in the middle-east and countries like that think of "the west", They think of america, and that makes us, the Europeans, look dumb, while it's actually just the americans who are being stupid.
Neway riddle of the day: what's the little island south of australia really called? (not south korea)

n00bface
October 13, 2005, 7:30 am
ohh Rhombus, for hating ignorant Americans so much, you sure are ignorant =)

Vijchtidoodah
October 13, 2005, 7:32 am
quote:Originally posted by peemonkeyamericans ARE idiots. all of them.

What you don't realize, Rhombus, is that America, unlike the rest of the shallow world, is aware of its own faults. We know we have certain problems with intelligence, but with such a large population you're bound to find idiots somewhere or another. It's just easier to pick on Americans than, say, the Dutch because everything we do is splashed onto the global media.

Yes there are people that dumb. Yes there are people who are incredibly intelligent but still couldn't tell you where certain countries are. That goes for any country.

Unlucky 13
October 13, 2005, 8:16 am
quote:Originally posted by RhombusEverybody (except the americans themselves) know Americans are stupid. When ppl in the middle-east and countries like that think of "the west", They think of america, and that makes us, the Europeans, look dumb, while it's actually just the americans who are being stupid.
Neway riddle of the day: what's the little island south of australia really called? (not south korea)

What do you think silly?

It's Zimbabwe.

EDIT: Fine. South Australia.

Re-edit: If you are going to do an assignment on it, Tasmania.
I don't wanna fail you in school.

peemonkey
October 13, 2005, 8:24 am
humans ARE idiots. all of them.

frogboy
October 13, 2005, 8:43 am
CNNNN is a parody of global news networks, of course they're omitting parts just to make it look humourous. Even though it's on the ABC.
quote:Originally posted by n00bfacequote:you fail to understand that you are one country, and the rest of the world.. well.. is the whole world besides you.
Everyone knows where Europe is. Everyone knows where North America is. Everyone knows what the continents are. Now tell me what is harder, picking out a giant country (the united states) from a giant continent composed of only the U.S. and Canada?
There's a difference between that and getting Australia and France mixed up. For one, Australia and France are on opposite sides of the world. That and Australia is 7.6 million km², whereas France is a mere 675,000 km². And with Iran and Korea, both of them are in Asia, and again only a fraction of the size of Australia, at 1.6 million km² and 220km², respectively.

EDIT: And Australia is a continent. If what you say is correct and everyone knows the continents, then they'd have no problem at all pointing out where Australia is.
EDIT: Oops, typo.

n00bface
October 13, 2005, 9:01 am
quote:Originally posted by frogboyCNNNN is a parody of global news networks, of course they're omitting parts just to make it look humourous. Even though it's on the ABC.
quote:Originally posted by n00bfacequote:you fail to understand that you are one country, and the rest of the world.. well.. is the whole world besides you.
Everyone knows where Europe is. Everyone knows where North America is. Everyone knows what the continents are. Now tell me what is harder, picking out a giant country (the united states) from a giant continent composed of only the U.S. and Canada?
There's a difference between that and getting Australia and France mixed up. For one, Australia and France are on opposite sides of the world. That and Australia is 7.6 million km², whereas France is a mere 675,000 km². And with Iran and Korea, both of them are in Asia, and again only a fraction of the size of Australia, at 1.6 million km² and 220km², respectively.

EDIT: And Australia is a continent. If what you say is correct and everyone knows the continents, then they'd have no problem at all pointing out where Australia is.
EDIT: Oops, typo.

so? you could do the same thing with Australia's lower class and get the same results..

Deleted User
October 13, 2005, 1:48 pm
Not all Amaricans are stupid, just some are complete idiots.

Incase people didnt notice, were staring to arguee some things we originally said werent true. Too lazy to quote it.

Deleted User
October 13, 2005, 1:59 pm
Do Americans need to be good at geography ? No, of course not. We're all bad, communist barbarians, who should be nuked anyway..
I suggest Americans concentrate on making money for their weaponry and leave the 'who-bombs-who' decision to Mr. Bush -))

Melba
October 13, 2005, 3:01 pm
quote:besides, there are plenty of Americans that doesn't know themselves all of the names and locations for their states.
quote:That may be true, but I'm sure the same percent applies to the number of Europeans that don't know all the names and locations of other European countries.

These two can NOT be compared. A US school would include the memorization of the US states in the curriculum from an early stage.
A random european school, say spanish, would not consentrate on the students learning every country in Europe. A state can NOT be compared with a country in any way, not even this one.

quote:and while we're at it, i'm pretty sure that the average American, after seeing our quarrel, will think something like; "but who needs to know what's there in the rest of the world? we're more important".
quote:That is why I asked if you could pinpoint specific African countries. Why can you not do it? Are you more important than Africa? :oAs a country i would say that France, Iran and australia is definately more important than Zaire. Let me tell you why.
France has a long history for being a great nation. France is an important country. France has the eiffel tower, which makes it a big tourist attraction.
Iran has been talked about in the media ALOT lately.
War on terrorism? As an american, and living in the USA, (which is the most agressive country concerning war on terrorism) you should know that Iran is no where NEAR australia.
Australia. Well it's hella big and they don't call it "down under" for nothing. It actually is down under on the map!
Zaire is not an important country the way things are looked upon today. I'm not saying a french or australian man or woman for that matter, is worth more than a man from zaire. I am saying that france and Australia as countries, are more important, or more worth if you will, than Zaire.
There is next to no coverage of Zaire in the news today. which makes people forget about it. Pakistan seems to be pretty important nowadays, doesn't it?

I'm with SK 100% on this.

quote:EDIT: And Australia is a continent. If what you say is correct and everyone knows the continents, then they'd have no problem at all pointing out where Australia is.

You're wrong here though. Australia alone is certainly not one of the 7 continents. (South-America, Central-America, North America, Africa, Europe, Asia, Oceania) 8 if you count antartica.

Aquarius
October 13, 2005, 4:13 pm
LOL @ Melba.

There is no "Central-America" continent. And yes, Australia IS a continent.

Melba
October 13, 2005, 5:16 pm
To my defense, i included central-america so that someone wouldn't say "LOL @ Melba you forgot central-america"

And to the latter, i'd like to say: I beg to differ.

EDIT: ...couldn't resist!

[IMAGE]
OOPS!

Aquarius
October 13, 2005, 5:24 pm
quote:And to the latter, i'd like to say: I beg to differ

OK.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Australia
http://ca.encarta.msn.com/encyclopedia_761568792/Australia.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Continents
http://ca.encarta.msn.com/encyclopedia_761553387/Continent.html

DeMonIc
October 13, 2005, 5:26 pm
quote:Originally posted by Lao Wu TenDo Americans need to be good at geography ? No, of course not. We're all bad, communist barbarians, who should be nuked anyway..
I suggest Americans concentrate on making money for their weaponry and leave the 'who-bombs-who' decision to Mr. Bush -))

For an intelligent guy, you shure have your head up your ass regarding some topics, now don't you?

Am I mistaken, or is Australia and Oceania the continent name in question?

Aquarius
October 13, 2005, 5:27 pm
Yeah, actually it doesn't matter how you name it as long as you don't think it's North Korea.

Melba
October 13, 2005, 6:02 pm
I disagree.

Australia is imo unprecise because then you wouldn't be meantioning New zealand, new guinea, Samoa and all those small islands that belong to the continent.

Aquarius
October 13, 2005, 6:22 pm
You do know there are islands all over the world? Anyway, please read the links I posted. There are many naming conventions.

Cookie.
October 13, 2005, 6:29 pm
Wikipedia is very silly >:|
"hence most Canadians consider there to be 5 continents."

Anyways alot of people consider Central America to be a continent

Famine
October 13, 2005, 6:30 pm
Guess what.
Have you ever been to am American school? How do you know our curriculum. Also, not everyone follows the rules. Infact, in my school, I had to learn every country in the world AND its corresponding capital.

T-Money
October 13, 2005, 8:15 pm
Yay, I'm not the only one. I was always taught that Oceania was comprised of Aussieland, Taz, PNG, all those little islands...

Meandor
October 13, 2005, 10:10 pm
Who cares, it's obvious that americans will know the american states and not the european ones, just like the average european can name about 10 states of the US probably without knowing where they are. Geographical education varies so much, you can't label countries as ignorant just because of that. Even if it's true that europeans sometimes know better about places not in the US/EU.
Now, where did the dead alien baby go? I think we need him to kill off this stupid discussion.

SuperKill
October 14, 2005, 2:27 am
harlqeuin fetus!

Hitman
October 14, 2005, 2:55 am
Australia is a continent.

The Geologist
October 14, 2005, 3:54 am
Austrailia is the oldest continent.

n00bface
October 14, 2005, 5:04 am
But when I went to school in Brussels, they taught us that Australia was a country in the continent Oceania, along with New Zealand etc.

Cookie.
October 14, 2005, 5:39 am
It all depends on where you live

BManx2000
October 14, 2005, 11:30 pm
Oceania sounds retarded, therefore Australia is a continent.
Logic!

Melba
October 14, 2005, 11:52 pm
It's prety much the same as saying that a man from the USA is an american, but a canadian on the other hand is a canadian.
Doesn't make sense imo.

Deleted User
October 16, 2005, 8:17 pm
Roflmao, this is unheard of .. I had to show this topic to my colleague, who teaches geography.. he almost died laughing -))

Some of you guys DESPERATELY need some education -)) hahaha, uaaa! -))

karmazon
October 16, 2005, 9:53 pm
quote:Originally posted by FamineGuess what.
Have you ever been to am American school? How do you know our curriculum. Also, not everyone follows the rules. Infact, in my school, I had to learn every country in the world AND its corresponding capital.

bull[CENSORED], you're not asian

Melba
October 19, 2005, 8:27 pm
quote:Originally posted by Lao Wu TenRoflmao, this is unheard of .. I had to show this topic to my colleague, who teaches geography.. he almost died laughing -))

Some of you guys DESPERATELY need some education -)) hahaha, uaaa! -))

Exactly who does your geography teacher colleague think desperately needs some education? These movies aren't of us you know ;(

Rhombus
October 20, 2005, 7:23 am
quote:Originally posted by Unlucky 13quote:Originally posted by RhombusEverybody (except the americans themselves) know Americans are stupid. When ppl in the middle-east and countries like that think of "the west", They think of america, and that makes us, the Europeans, look dumb, while it's actually just the americans who are being stupid.

What do you think silly?

It's Zimbabwe.

EDIT: Fine. South Australia.

Re-edit: If you are going to do an assignment on it, Tasmania.
I don't wanna fail you in school.

Don't worry, I have a map o' the world right above my monitor ^^. So funny, americans are the scum of the earth and they don't know it. What kind of europeans left for America during the major migration? The criminals, the outcast!

Unlucky 13
October 20, 2005, 8:35 am
Heh OK, it just reminded me of that ad for Bigpond with the little kid asking about the great wall of China. "It was built in a time of... emporer-nazi goring... and to help keep the rabbits out... too many rabbits in China..." ... "OK and now James will do his talk on China."

As for Australia being a continent, at some stage, I learned it was Australasia o.0

Vijchtidoodah
October 20, 2005, 8:42 am
quote:Originally posted by Rhombus
The criminals, the outcast!

So you're saying that you think that the Jews and Catholics fleeing religious persecution, the Irish escaping famine, and the everyday people - wealthy and poor - looking for a better life were the scum of the Earth?

But then, let's not forget the other "outcasts and criminals" -- the Australians, the Canadians, the Iranians, the Israelis, the Polish, the Germans, half of Laos and Cambodia, almost all of Africa, every single Jewish person, and nearly everyone in your beloved Europe. In truth, very few people weren't, at some point in their history, criminals and outcasts.

Care to restate your point?

Milkman Dan
October 20, 2005, 9:01 am
You know whats awesome?

Me

Captain RibMan
October 20, 2005, 9:03 am
'nuff said.

STEELIX
October 22, 2005, 10:34 pm
"Nerd couple take romantic walk along beach while holding handhelds"

some_random_loser
October 25, 2005, 3:37 am
Chaser National Network News is Australias premier news source :p
I'm pretty sure you'll find that Australia is an island on the continent of oceania, that is, if you define a continent as a tectonic plate.