( search forums )
#@$ing Winfixer @#%#$
Soldat Forums - Misc - The Lounge
T-Money
October 13, 2005, 3:54 am
Ok, I somehow got this damn Winfixer thing on my computer, it shuts down all my internet windows when I close it. Lags the hell out of my comp too and is generally being a pain in the ass. McAfee doesn't do the trick. Does anyone know how to get this godforsaken spyware off my computer?

peemonkey
October 13, 2005, 4:05 am
hijackthis, find out where you're infected, then go to safemode and manually remove it.

Vijchtidoodah
October 13, 2005, 5:47 am
Hijackthis has a habit of tagging some stuff that you don't want to get rid of. Go to Able2Know.com, make a topic with your hijackthis log in it, and they'll help you out in no time.

peemonkey
October 13, 2005, 5:52 am
no, just find out whatever has the same name, as hijackthis tags soo much [CENSORED] itll definitly get whatever he wants out to show it's directory(ies) so he can know what to delete in safe mode. also check your proccesses listed by % then meme usage, some create new sub-proggy's every time you delete one, and use a random name. you got one of those, you're [CENSORED]ed.

Dark_Noddy
October 13, 2005, 1:51 pm
quote:Originally posted by VijchtidoodahHijackthis has a habit of tagging some stuff that you don't want to get rid of. Go to Able2Know.com, make a topic with your hijackthis log in it, and they'll help you out in no time.

quote:From Hijack this manual thingieIt does not target specific programs/URLs, just the methods used by hijackers to force you onto their sites. As a result, false positives are imminent and unless you are sure what you're doing, you should always consult with knowledgable folks (e.g. the forums) before deleting anything.

^^ Damn nice proggie

Melba
October 13, 2005, 2:09 pm
Easier than all of the above imo > http://www.hijackthis.de/

Just paste the log file in there and the site will tell you which one is safe and which one is nasty. You'll see.
I would check what every nasty thing is though, cause i had this math program that hijackthis.de identified as 'potentially nasty', but i knew it wasn't. So check if it's not something you have installed yourself, and trust :>

T-Money
October 13, 2005, 8:11 pm
Thanks guys. I'll see if that does the trick.