( search forums )
Two Thoughts
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
Keron Cyst
October 13, 2005, 6:22 pm
On Game Modes
These should not be new game modes; you should be able to use commands, and maybe shortcut parameters, to create these variants of game modes. I'm thinking of a TeamMatch CTF/HTF (4-team) and different limit types (e.g. Inf.-Deathmatch where Alpha has to cap but instead of waiting out on time Bravo has to kill a certain amount of soldaten). More complex variants of game modes like these could create missions with actual goals (like actually trying to stay alive) instead of just the old stuff we have right now.
On Mod-mods (lol "mod-mods" xD)
You should be able to put multiple mods in the Soldat shortcut's parameters; what if I wanted to play a weird combined form Halo 3.0 with a one-weapon mod? I think you should be able to put Target: "C:\Soldat\Soldat.exe" -mod Halo3.0 L2005 (where Halo3.0 and L2005 are two separate mods). The last mod would overwrite any conflicting files with the mod right before it, and you could have as many mods as you wanted.

Deleted User
October 14, 2005, 6:48 am
yo keron you could just use the soldat mod part chnagery thingy ma bob...its in the fan app section have a look, probaly on the second page by now.

Keron Cyst
October 14, 2005, 3:38 pm
You can do that? I don't visit that part of the forum. I'll go look around for that...

xtishereb
October 15, 2005, 1:48 am
1. It's interesting, I think 4-team HTF would rock. So instead of that random thing you talked about, HTF should just be made to have 4 teams. Server options could be made to disable or enable Charlie and Delta. I think there should be a new game mode added called "special map settings" where it uses the settings in the map, i.e. Alpha must capture this many times, Bravo must kill this many players, flag must be held this long, players must stay alive this long, players must nade suicide this many times to get primary weapons, etc., and the box that shows game mode descriptions ("Kill everything that moves") would show the map's special settings.

2. It's good, but what's wrong with making new folders by copying the Halo 3 (XD) folder and dragging & dropping the mod folder parts over it?
Don't give me that crap about disk space, I know you've got at least 10 gigs left. :P

Deleted User
October 15, 2005, 2:38 am
First idea sounds good. It will mix Soldat up a bit so you will have more things to do.

Deleted User
October 15, 2005, 3:56 am
I like how xtishereb suggested that games with custom rules should be designated as a "Custom Match" game mode or whatever. Perhaps you should be able to bring up an info box describing the server's rules, modes, maps, and bots, too. That way you can know exactly what you're getting into, which would be very nice since Custom Matches could be made up of one of hundreds or even thousands of combinations of rules.

...Lord knows I'd love a 4-team CTF match.

a-4-year-old
October 15, 2005, 4:46 am
MISSIONS!!! YAY!!! we could storm the beaches of normandy(again:() we could try to defuse bombs! we could esplode stuff (again!!!:)!!!) we could uh, uh, have a wm with mideval weps where there is a mod you have to download and you have to storm the castle with a sword (secondary sheild???) (other secondarys dagger bow/arrows catapults???) i dono but it would totally change people's perspectives on the game

Deleted User
October 15, 2005, 10:52 pm
This idea doesn't have anything to do with "missions". It's just taking the various rules in the different game modes and mixing them up into interesting combinations.