( search forums )
Game starts in...
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
Smeep
October 13, 2005, 6:28 pm
I posted this Idea a long time ago, and having recently got the latest version of soldat, I'm dissapointed to not see it in yet.

I did search, [URL] Don't know if that link will work.

Anyway, simple. On entering the game, have a customizable (time wise) Game starts in... counter.

IE Game starts in 5. 4. 3. 2. 1.

So that every can select their weaps without being killed.

Like I said, I sugested this a long time back (a year maybe?)

Deleted User
October 13, 2005, 10:37 pm
well i guess this could be added.....

?
October 13, 2005, 10:44 pm
I think it would be cool, course its neccesary that Chakra does the countdown.

MisterX
October 13, 2005, 10:45 pm
I don't think this would be a big change, since it would only appear the first time you spawn anyway. But it also wouldn't be a bad addition, so why not? :)

.alex.oner.
October 13, 2005, 11:12 pm
there is already this feature, although its more like 1.5 seconds -.-

The Geologist
October 13, 2005, 11:21 pm
quote:Originally posted by ?I think it would be cool, course its neccesary that Chakra does the countdown.

Smeep
October 14, 2005, 1:09 am
Cool. Just figured you should be able to set a timer of no more than 30 seconds or so. It's not just the selecting weap part that it would affect, but the fact that people can all join the game at once then.

.alex.oner.
October 14, 2005, 7:39 am
i think it would be a bad idea, unless you cant move when the timer is on, otherwise people will completely abuse it, like nade juping and not getting hurt, and in 30 secs you can easily run to the enemys base and cap..

Captain Ben
October 14, 2005, 11:06 am
It should be like Wolfenstein, where you can kill your teammates in the meantime. Just for fun.

.FF.nEcRoTik
October 14, 2005, 12:32 pm
just make sure that players wont be able to move during the countdown, or we may have 2 flags stolen at the same time ^^

quote: It should be like Wolfenstein, where you can kill your teammates in the meantime. Just for fun.

yeah.. :P but if the purpose is not being able to kill or being killed during the countdown that wouldnt make sence. unless there would be a second respawn after the countdown..

Smeep
October 14, 2005, 6:06 pm
quote:Originally posted by .alex.oner.i think it would be a bad idea, unless you cant move when the timer is on, otherwise people will completely abuse it, like nade juping and not getting hurt, and in 30 secs you can easily run to the enemys base and cap..

Lol, No duh ;) I did mean that. The idealogy is that you do not spawn till the end of the counter. Hense, Game Starts In...

xtishereb
October 15, 2005, 1:38 am
Maybe it should be like in Unreal Tournament, where you need to click the fire button (or another key) to signal you're ready, and once everyone has signaled they're ready, there's a countdown and the game starts. It should be when a new round (map) begins, and there should be a server-side customizable time before people can say they're ready.
This way, you can go to the bathroom or dopeslap your siblings without getting spawn-camped.

Blue Devil
October 15, 2005, 12:33 pm
insetad of spwncmpng you will get idle-kicked.

warpo
October 16, 2005, 12:05 am
ooookk

person
October 16, 2005, 6:59 am
What SHOULD happen is that once the countdown timer has reached zero, the weapons menu is displayed, and once you have selected the gun, you should THEN spawn immediately.

Blue Devil
October 16, 2005, 11:58 am
yes!! thats it!! you wont spawn untill you chose your gun!!! then we dont need a countdown!

Smeep
October 16, 2005, 5:21 pm
Good enough for me! well, then again, in CTF games, it would give the faster choosers an advantage, if we didn't have the countdown.

So, then I thought "if all players have chosen a gun, then they spawn"

But then people would just not choose, to piss others off. So the countdown still seems valid. you get say 10 secs to choose a weap. If you don't, then tough tits.

Blue Devil
October 16, 2005, 5:28 pm
or you just chose you gun, spawn and own?

Smeep
October 16, 2005, 7:58 pm
Your post has no bearing on the previous post.

Captain Ben
October 17, 2005, 7:32 am
Why not keep the same gun choice from the last round? Wouldn't that make everything easier?

Smeep
October 17, 2005, 8:48 pm
Not in the first round. Ok, it seems some people are missunderstanding, so I'm going to make a definative post.

Problem
Durin the weapon select at the start of a round, you charachter is prone to being killed

Solution
Implement an ajustable timer, which prevents players from spawning. Giving all players an equal chance to pick their gun. Most effective in the first round. Players can NOT spawn durin the timer. Only once the timer is up. If you have not chosen a weapon by the timer finishes, you will spawn anyway, as you have had your chance. The timer should be a minimum of 5 seconds and a maximum of 30, preferably less.

a-4-year-old
October 17, 2005, 10:00 pm
nice idea smeep i lub it ^_^