( search forums )
Explosions & ExplosionDMG
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Soldat Improvements Discussion
Deleted User
October 13, 2005, 6:45 pm
Ok, now you know how when you fire a m79, at 0 range it kills you but not the user. In close range, m79 can be used to make you always die, but never the users who is often less then one gostek length away, grenades have a larger radius, implementing a larger "fragmentation" radius would help to stop the extreme [CENSORED]ing of m79 on close range maps(voland, nuubia), where it is NOT REALLY POSSIBLE TO DODGE THEM(It's really only possible to effectively dodge m79/mp5 on open maps like ctf_run). When they fire and kill you, they should die, not just get damaged, but die.. And grenades, IMHO they are 3rd on the "soldat list of BS".

You always get killed by your own, the enemies grenades always explode close to you(and somehow kill you!) when you throw grenades they do squat.... I don't know if it's the lag or not, but either way this needs to be fixed.

Now, there is another way to solve this without have a nuked m79/nade.
When you get hit by a m79, it is right that you should explode. BUT, when a m79 users fires on the ground near you, and still kills you its bull. What should happen is you start to bleed, and your HP gradually drops to nothing. The m79/nade would have a "bleed radius". A direct hit would still kill you, though.

What do you think?

a-4-year-old
October 14, 2005, 10:17 pm
yes nades=hate i have a disease where my soldat really loves to die, nobody else gets killed when i use 2-3 nades on them but if i nade myself (run over my grinade like what the enemy does) i die it pisses me off!!!

Deleted User
October 14, 2005, 10:31 pm
Pfft, learn to use grenades you n00bs! Lol just kidding, but I dont get killed by grenades because im usually jumping around like crazy.
Also Im a 23/6 m79 user. I have to admit that I kill other players when I hit the ground right next to them but thats when their running at my, not when standing still. If their standing still then theyll jump off and start to bleed and hurl themselves at me but I knife them.
I like using grenades its fun, you just need to practise with them and youll see why your getting blown up into itsie bitsie pieces.

Deleted User
October 15, 2005, 12:47 am
"I like using grenades its fun, you just need to practise with them"

First, I've been playing soldat for about a year now, grenades are the most inconsistent thing about this game. Also, I don't really see how practicing will help me not die when nades hit me? You can't really even practice with grenades...

"and youll see why your getting blown up into itsie bitsie pieces."

Since you proclaim yourself to be good with nades, what is this reason?
I call it random number generations..

Deleted User
October 15, 2005, 1:24 am
Like me, I practise in ctf matches. Jeez, how old are you to judge everything I say... >_>

ppiksmada
October 15, 2005, 4:18 am
Shrapnel, impliment shrapnel

Deleted User
October 15, 2005, 4:23 am
It sounds like you're using grenades like they're knives, which can work sometimes, but isn't what they're for. Nades are best used if you plan ahead; don't throw the grenade at the target, let them run over it and blow up. Drop them down long, narrow vertical passages to catch anyone down there by suprise (Arena's lower east wall is a great example). Use them to take out campers from a safe location where they can't hit you. Heck, use them to take the enemy down with you if you're not sure you're survive the skirmish anyway.

I agree when it comes to the M79, though--being able to blow people to smithereens at ranges where you're literally shoving the barrel into their gut, and without getting at least majorly wounded yourself, is pretty retarded.

Deleted User
October 15, 2005, 4:40 am
"Like me, I practise in ctf matches. Jeez, how old are you to judge everything I say... >_>"

I am not judging what you are saying.. I am retaliating.....

a-4-year-old
October 15, 2005, 5:00 am
quote:Originally posted by Zamorak"Like me, I practise in ctf matches. Jeez, how old are you to judge everything I say... >_>"

I am not judging what you are saying.. I am retaliating.....

but quotes make it that much better (O_O)
anyway just using them doesn't really help, when they get hit in the head with a nade they don't die and when i run over a nade BOOOOOM!!!!! im dead. nothing. just dead, and staying in the air forever doesn't to [CENSORED] they still throw nades at you

THAT was "retaliation" your just lucky i didn't pull out the big-guns and compair you to a nazi! i should be a polotician! but still something needs to be done about splash damage!

Deleted User
October 15, 2005, 3:35 pm
Lol, I dont get smashed in the head with grenades to much. But like YoMammasMamma said lol, its good to let people just run over them and blow up. ^^ Anyways, usually what happens when you get hit with a nade in mid-air is that you are pulled back down to the ground.

Deleted User
October 15, 2005, 7:33 pm
The only part that ticks me off is when I am here

<me>......<nade>

it explodes and I die from %75 hp...

Deleted User
October 15, 2005, 11:11 pm
That would be because you were apparently standing right next to it... And grenades unload this little thing called "shrapnel" in addition to the big fiery explosion when they blow up.

And due to the whole thing with grenades going straight through people when tossed into the air at closer ranges means that a grenade's use in the air is limited.

Deleted User
October 16, 2005, 12:12 am
It deleted my spaces ;(

BManx2000
October 16, 2005, 1:08 am
quote:Originally posted by YoMammasMammaAnd grenades unload this little thing called "shrapnel" in addition to the big fiery explosion when they blow up.
Not in Soldat.

Deleted User
October 16, 2005, 2:01 am
There's still the big fiery explosion :P