( search forums )
Error Initializing 3D Hardware
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Need Help? Report Bugs!
bja888
October 13, 2005, 7:02 pm
I played a climb map Monday night for a few hours. Had a talk about some ICQ virus or something then shut down my computer for the night. I woke up the next morning, got all my links/papers in order for my interview that afternoon then decided to play some soldat to get my mind off things. Then I get some lame hardware message. I know my video driver/card is working fine! I played Urban Terror because I couldent get soldat to work and Urban Terror demands way more of my system. Already tried re-install and Video card options in the set-up. Disabled all warnings and I can hear the game media but its just a black box.

Any ideas?

Scratch
October 14, 2005, 1:25 am
mh..
I get this problem when I minimize my soldat often now, but I just have to restart soldat.. mh.. I remember, I've never got this problem before I formated my pc, also now i often get access violation.. :s

bja888
October 14, 2005, 6:01 pm
Great! Now its doing it on my laptop!! I just downloaded 1.3 sitting here out side my class and its giveing me the same error!! The soldat files haven't been copyed over since I first moved them over one month ago. WTF?!?!

bja888
October 14, 2005, 9:55 pm
I used to format my computer often. I can't now though... OS re-install issues

darkmatie
October 15, 2005, 5:13 pm
sometimes i got that too
1) i get error loading scenery ....
2)soldat shuts , music continues
3)i restart
4) error initailizing 3d harware ( or summin like that )
---how i solve it ? ( in this situation , but u can try it too)
1) pres alt + cntrl + delete
2) select processes
3) close the proces soldat.exe
4) restart soldat, now it normally needs to work..., works with me though

bja888
October 15, 2005, 7:16 pm
Nope, I tried... It doesn't happen during game play though. It happends when I first start the program. Its weird becuse it does it on my laptop too... Possably some kind of virus?

i am ahab
October 16, 2005, 12:23 pm
Look at this topic

its most likely directx related. not a virus. the day someone makes a virus to destroy directx's ability to access your graphics card is a very backwards day indeed. reminds me of that irish virus, 'please delete everything on your hard drive....'

bja888
October 16, 2005, 11:51 pm
How do you explain it happening on my pc and with in 3 days? I't worked fine for the past 6 months.

i am ahab
October 17, 2005, 6:20 pm
are you trying to ask me how to explain your seeing the error on your pc and your laptop?

honestly dude taking the time to type really can help.

no i can't explain it. of course i cant. i have no idea what sort of applications are on either your pc or your laptop. and if there are any hardware or driver similarities, or none at all.

it should only happen once every while though and not all the time. if it is happening regularly then maybe consider rolling back your drivers or taking similar steps as lined out in the topic i linked too to rectify the problem.

bja888
October 18, 2005, 4:59 am
I'm starting to think it has something to do with windows updates. Anyone else running XP Pro and up to date on their updates?