( search forums )
ctf_2Forts waypointed, finally out
Soldat Forums - Soldat Maps & Map Making - New Maps
tntnik
October 13, 2005, 11:48 pm
well here it is, sry it took so long but i have a lot of schoolwork these days.
heres the topic with all the screenies, overviews, and how it was made: [URL]

[IMAGE]

andyway heres the map:
[URL]

Scenery pack:(all sceneries for my "2Forts maps")
[URL]

Deleted User
October 14, 2005, 5:20 am
people are going to complain about you not putting any screens here

Deleted User
October 14, 2005, 7:14 am
the stairs in the fortresses and the underground are too dark
and the light is too bright
if u can balance these two im sure its one of my favorite maps

Soulsnipa
October 14, 2005, 8:40 am
is this not a map u were making a while back?

Deleted User
October 14, 2005, 6:31 pm
quote:Originally posted by yukina_keitathe stairs in the fortresses and the underground are too dark
and the light is too bright
if u can balance these two im sure its one of my favorite maps

IT IS THE POINT OF THE MAP!!!!!

Its the great fortress maps made so far i think!

quote:ive had this idea for so long (a year actually) and i just couldnt pull it off to make it...
anyway this map is based on the map ctf_2forts from "Teamfortres" hl mod. The main idea of this map is that it has many ways to the flag and away from it so u have to use tactics to ddefend/attack the base.
the second most important idea of this map is to have shades or dark areas. The setting is at night so lights are turned on (using self made scenery such as lamps, projectors, and light beams) but where there are no lights there is a shade (from 50 to 10% translusent scenery) so it is almost impossible to see the opponent in the shade, thats why you hide in the shade near a lamp that would pin point your opponent - u see him he doesnt see u.

This is what he wrote in the map ideas section

tntnik
October 14, 2005, 8:30 pm
hey snipa long time no see :), ur right it is very old :D but i just made the final version recently
anyway, i agree with u yukina, though the theme of the map is to have shadows i think the ppl that are not familiar with the map will get lost in the stairs :) However i want people to have some struggles going up and down the stairs in the shadows, because its realistic. What i might do is make a day version of ctf_2forts in winter or something and turn off the lights and delete the shadows.

btw ive put an overview up