( search forums )
U13: Something Screwy
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - General Discussions
TheRelinquished
October 14, 2005, 2:58 am
Well I just got out of a U13 CTF server. After having to shutdown my computer manually, and restart it just to get it to respond.

I don't know what just happened to the server, but the weapons suddenly changed without warning, as if it was a modded server. All the stats and ranges were liquified so that no one could shoot or damage anyone. And after about 45 seconds, my computer locked down and my screen froze.

It sucked big ones.

Just thought I would alert the public as well as FLAB.

TheRelinquished
October 14, 2005, 3:42 am
Or maybe it was just a fluke.....I don't know....

Deleted User
October 14, 2005, 3:45 am
very strange man..i have no idea what could have caused that.....could be a fluke..could be a PC problem..maybe the server just ef'ed up or sumthing...who knows...if i were you i would watch my computer cautiosly for a bit and make sure nothing spontaniously combusts lol...

Ok
October 14, 2005, 4:26 am
What you described happened to me.
In another server though, and without the locking up thingy.
Maybe its just a matter of hardware.
At anyrate I had the same problem . only happened once though.

Kazuki
October 14, 2005, 4:41 am
There used to be a very minor version of this during beta testing in which some weapons' reload times would be set to the ones you have in your weapons.ini. I'm not quite sure what happened in your case though. Did the guns change for everyone? Or just yourself?

I've never heard of this before, nor have I experienced it. Weird.

i am ahab
October 14, 2005, 9:49 am
pretty weird indeed.

hey relinquished, was there any recognisable in game event just before it happened?

like a map change, certain player scored... or perhaps an admin that you were aware of was logged in?

it could just be like that bug where the countdown to the end of a game finishes, the map stays the same and you all repsawn in the middle with parachutes and can't cap.... :/

Deleted User
October 14, 2005, 12:06 pm
it only happened to me when a server got full...like at 32 players, nobody coul hurt eachother and black ghosts started visiting....

FliesLikeABrick
October 14, 2005, 3:08 pm
weird indeed, there are no weapons.ini files on the server other than the default, so i don't even know what settings this would have gone to

Rune
October 14, 2005, 6:22 pm
This happened to me in a server in 1.2.1, except my comp didn't shut down..

FliesLikeABrick
October 14, 2005, 7:05 pm
he said it locked down, not shut down :P just your typical crash.

bond_james_bond
October 15, 2005, 2:25 am
i havent been in U13 servers for awhiler..

SPARTAN_III
October 15, 2005, 3:19 am
it may be a problem on your end, relinquished. and by all accounts, this should probably be in the report bugs section.

Captain Ben
October 15, 2005, 5:18 am
It's happened to me as well, but I didn't have to restart myt computer.

TheRelinquished
October 15, 2005, 6:25 am
The lock up very well could have been my computer's inability to handle the bug (or whatever it was). However, I know that it affected everyone, since several people were complaining about it. I didn't notice any triggers to the bug, however I was pretty involved in the game. And I haven't had this problem since.

Hopefully just some kind of one time thing. Thanks for humoring me.

criddo
October 16, 2005, 5:19 am
Maybe a hacker joined and stuffed everything up

wmg
October 16, 2005, 5:51 am
I always saw U13 hACKERS.
and I saw someone questioning if it is a u13 server or not.

Judge_Man
October 16, 2005, 6:23 am
I think what TheRelinquished is talking about is the same thing i had. My m79 suddenly had 148 ammo and my socom 68. I couldn't shot and after hmmmm 30 seconds or so, my computer froze and i had to reboot. It seems that Freeze(Sai) got this too.

here's a screenshot:
[IMAGE]

TheRelinquished
October 16, 2005, 7:08 pm
Wait a minute. That same guy left the server just before it froze up. That (-) guy. I noticed him because he was a really good barret user. I don't know why, but it stuck in my mind that he left just before the server effed up.

Maybe just a coincidence....

Deleted User
October 17, 2005, 10:25 pm
This just now happened to me on an inf server. Some guy named Stok joined and a few minutes later, everything went to hell.

Someone said "Stok what the hell are you doing?" and he replied "Hacking."
I'm not sure if he was just bluffing or if he caused it.

Pigtard
October 18, 2005, 10:47 pm
Yes, this happened to me aswell, although my computer didn't crash.