( search forums )
Some idiots publish registration cracks
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - General Discussions
Silphatos
October 14, 2005, 6:37 pm
I saw a site publish reg. cracks for all versions, how would I complaint about it. I don't wanna write down its link here.

Ok
October 14, 2005, 6:39 pm
PMing an admin would help I reckon.
I suggest PM Flieslikeabrick
He's dealing with all the anti ass-holes thingy.

Silphatos
October 14, 2005, 6:43 pm
Thanx, I can't bear them while I'm playin legally registered Soldat.

i am ahab
October 14, 2005, 7:16 pm
brick could you pm me them please. if they're any different from the 1.3 crack i would want to study their behaviour to see if i could ban them using the c app im working on.

FliesLikeABrick
October 14, 2005, 7:21 pm
ahab, soldat client's don't send out any information about the key they're using, so itd be impossible to ban them.

Supposedly MM bans the few post popular keys everytime he releases a new version of soldat, but i'm not 100% sure about that

edit: and I got your PM about the site, but unfortunately I don't speak.. that language. I'll look for someone who does and have them contact the site admins for me.

i am ahab
October 14, 2005, 7:23 pm
umm, i'll pm you about this....

Silphatos
October 14, 2005, 9:45 pm
FliesLikeABrick, I can transmit your words to them. You had to see the crack in first message, I hope Michal will ban this crack in next version, too.

Deleted User
October 14, 2005, 11:37 pm
Psh. I love how these nerds probably take hours on making a crack instead of just paying $9.

reckon
October 15, 2005, 12:00 am
Did someone say reckon?

FliesLikeABrick
October 15, 2005, 12:14 am
to clear up any confusion, the site has registration keys, the same ones you would buy. they're just taking them and handing them out. I don't think it is actually a hack, but then again i can't read the site

Captain Ben
October 15, 2005, 2:16 am
Any email I should know about? Tubgirl is lonely.

bond_james_bond
October 15, 2005, 2:22 am
quote:Originally posted by ZambinoPsh. I love how these nerds probably take hours on making a crack instead of just paying $9.

=D

Deleted User
October 15, 2005, 2:32 am
cant they just copy a key, then send it to someone?

Social Poison
October 15, 2005, 2:47 am
quote:Originally posted by Captain BenAny email I should know about? Tubgirl is lonely.

Heh... a bud of mine in the labs made the mistake of leaving his computer logged in when he went to the bathroom. Tubgirl's his background and homepage now. Sucka.

---------

The unfortunate thing about reg keys is they don't really keep a cracker occupied for more than a few minutes before they figure it out. There's not really a way you could ban someone because Soldat doesn't have accounts (like an MMORPG). Even if reg keys were trackable it'd just be a matter of time before that was nuked too.

If the file is stored locally on your computer, then it can be hacked. Plain and simple.

peemonkey
October 15, 2005, 4:19 am
post more, you.