( search forums )
chain saw dual
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - General Discussions
Deleted User
October 15, 2005, 6:22 pm
if to chain sawers ran at each other and the same speed with the same blade angel and on a flat piece of land who will WIN

i want to know the formmail for a chain saw kill like "speed x angle + health = kill

Silent Soldier
October 15, 2005, 6:24 pm
If they do it 100% correctly, both of them die. Happened to me sometimes. I don't know the "speed x angle + health = kill" but my hint is to aim to the head and fire from above if with a firearm.

Deleted User
October 15, 2005, 8:41 pm
In my experience, the lower chainsaw will almost always win, unless he's facing the wrong direction or something. I've brought many other saw users to their knees by crouching before we kill eachother.

Deleted User
October 15, 2005, 9:41 pm
yes yes thats all good and stuff but maybe one of the game makers could tell me

Twinkler
October 15, 2005, 9:45 pm
Whoever has the best connection speed will win in most cases.

Snipedmyself
October 15, 2005, 9:46 pm
when im in chain saw wars i trip on a curb, if its unexpected this should be successful.

trip on a curb= insty-prone

Deleted User
October 15, 2005, 10:47 pm
Yeah...

Greater speed = kill
Lower position = kill

Those are really the basics of chainsaw-fu. True mastery of the art requires precise mid-air movement, skilled usage of grenades, and being a sneaky, opportunistic [CENSORED].

bl00dy_n0se
October 15, 2005, 11:32 pm
one of the game makers o.O

bond_james_bond
October 15, 2005, 11:51 pm
Dive into them (Prone + Fly). Then you'll get them at the legs and they won't get you :)

T-Money
October 16, 2005, 12:20 am
Or dive over them and cut their head off. Difficult to hit just the head but it's worth it to see it fly off with a spurt of blood.

Deleted User
October 16, 2005, 1:18 am
ok i already KNOW this i just wanted the formmail of a chain saw not a billon tips that io already know

Deleted User
October 16, 2005, 3:39 am
Both of them die, it's happened to me alot.

Swarmer
October 16, 2005, 5:04 am
hitting low doesnt kill them easier, its the fact that when you hit low you usually hit them FIRST. hitting them first is what counts. so you can still aim high if it will hit him first. hitting low only gives you the chance that they might not hit you at all and run the saw above you.

Kazuki
October 16, 2005, 5:04 am
OH MY GOD, JEBUSHUNTER! It's a freaking "FORMULA"! WTF is a formmail?! For God's sake, man, take a few extra seconds to type out your post.

In your other posts, you spelled the word "system" as "sterm" and the word "chemical" as "checial". What the hell!

On topic, there are some factors that would affect the outcome. One of those factors is the ping. If one player is lagging less than another, then that player has the advantage. There's also the timing of a player. It's pretty impossible that both player would be in sync. They wouldn't be able to jump, run, and use the chainsaw at the exact same times. There is also that new feature (something about showing actual lag) that affects where the chainsaw actually hits based on which way you're facing since it doesn't work perfectly.

In any case, there's never a surefire way to predict who's going to win.

Deleted User
October 16, 2005, 9:10 pm
I think Kazuki just flipped the hell out on this thread.