( search forums )
Spam Protection
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
warpo
October 16, 2005, 12:04 am
i don't know about you but this could be in handy in 2 maybe even 3 ways...

1. normal spamming that distracts players..like your about to own someone than someone says nvuirenae,.grreg,hgr542ytw45,grdsfgbrehgs,gas,hbtrhraa,btrhwtrhwra
and you get killed >:( uncommen but could prevent

2.hacker...odd eh?look it this way, it bothers sooooooo much when some ass hole comes in and says Soldat hack v 1.3 at tinyurl.com/ blah blah.it sucks when someone leaves and comes back flying all over the room with a rapid fire m79

3...never got this far...i don't know if you can forever type text and it just fills the screen untill you cant see a thing and you get killed
sorry if this is said i dont usally search than post

Blue Devil
October 16, 2005, 5:27 pm
I cant se the problem in #1. Stop look at the text when you own!!! But I think this new thing with spamming taunts (holding alt and presse all keys) is really anoying. esecially if you play a intense ctf/inf and you need to know were that fkin efc is...

#2 wont take long until someone will prevent (next ssbot?)

nfsjunkie91
October 23, 2005, 2:08 am
you could make a script that kicks any player that says "soldat revolution 1.4 blah blah blah" in arsse. as a matter of fact i just might do so

a-4-year-old
October 23, 2005, 2:28 am
mabe nobody is aloud to chat more than 5 times consecutively?
basiccally they can only do like:
[major]omg!
[major]omg!
[major]omg!
[major]omg!
[major]omg!
then they can't say anything else until someone else says something? good idea ehh?

Keron Cyst
October 23, 2005, 2:42 am
Just /mute the player. Type /mute X and replace X with the player name (don't type Y or T, actually start typing with forward-slash).

Deleted User
October 23, 2005, 4:14 am
How about theres a 5 second interval inbetween 2-3 messages.

warpo
October 23, 2005, 4:58 am
@Exta Good idea....besides its a war zone not a chatroom
@a-5....um 3...nope dammit [CENSORED]!!!!4-year-old......it sucks when that happens.....excellent
@nfsjunkie........that covers 99% of newb hacker problems