( search forums )
About Pistol...
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
Nexarid
October 16, 2005, 6:57 pm
It's about the pistol usscom...
why don't you change that to two handed gun? I don't mean a dual pistol, just one pistol with two hand grabbing it and maybe a better accurcy.. well it just my thoughts..

numgun
October 17, 2005, 2:20 pm
we have the deagles allready doofus -__-''

Deleted User
October 17, 2005, 3:17 pm
lol.
How long do u play soldat that u didnt noticed "DOUBLE" dezerts ?
OR I understand it wrong ?...

Metatag
October 17, 2005, 5:03 pm
I think it's already like this.

Deleted User
October 17, 2005, 5:53 pm
There is an animation of soldier holding pistol in two hands, but it is unused in the game. Soldiers look like holding pistols with only one hand.
Better accuracy is not needed, socom bullets are powerful enough already.

Keron Cyst
October 17, 2005, 6:08 pm
Better accuracy? You can take down a full-health soldat in half a clip!

Blue Devil
October 17, 2005, 6:38 pm
He said he didnt mean dual lol XD download the POA editor from selfkill.com and make the animation your self.

Alamo
October 17, 2005, 6:49 pm
Blue Devil, you can't play online with edited animations.

I think it's just because using it one handed looks cooler :)

Deleted User
October 18, 2005, 6:09 am
just change the waepon gostek so it looks like its two guns, problemo solved

Captain Ben
October 18, 2005, 10:25 am
Two guns shooting one bullet? Where's Field Marshall's double uzi mod when you need it?

Keron Cyst
October 18, 2005, 6:19 pm
quote:Originally posted by AlamoBlue Devil, you can't play online with edited animations....
You can as long as it has the same # of frames.

SPARTAN_III
October 18, 2005, 6:37 pm
quote:Originally posted by Captain BenTwo guns shooting one bullet? Where's Field Marshall's double uzi mod when you need it?

right here

Deleted User
October 18, 2005, 6:48 pm
You guys dont read.
He doesnt want a dual.
He wants it so the soldat holds it with TWO HANDS

Blue Devil
October 18, 2005, 7:55 pm
ditto.

zyxstand
October 18, 2005, 9:09 pm
wow...two simply put sentences and ya'll can't understand that he doesn't mean dual...

i thought that the socom is actually VERY precise - mainly cuz it's small in size and relatively slow rate of fire (compared to machines) and therefore it doesn't bink much (or at all). the only problem is that it's slow moving!

headstone
October 19, 2005, 12:58 pm
That would look retarded, running around with two hands on your gun...

II_SNIPER
October 19, 2005, 2:00 pm
i think that Nexarid is right u could make it a two handed weapon really

Deleted User
October 19, 2005, 5:02 pm
The point of a secondary is for a back up gun, not primary.

F3nyx
October 19, 2005, 5:16 pm
quote:Originally posted by Meep.The point of a secondary is for a back up gun, not primary.
For god's sake, he's just talking about an animation change with a *possible* accuracy boost. This would make plenty of sense, nobody would shoot a pistol one-handed when they have another hand free. We already have a two-handed secondary weapon, the LAW, and I think the chainsaw is too. No big deal, but it would look better.

Lowhunter
October 19, 2005, 7:02 pm
just go to weapons-gfx and make ur own ussocom withdual or who handed.XD

a-4-year-old
October 20, 2005, 10:03 pm
hold it sideways like a Gansta'

person
October 22, 2005, 7:26 pm
I'm with zyxstand - I think the socom is already incredibly accurate. It has an arc, sure, but it's very predictable and the gun has virtually no bink at all. It's probably the most reliable weapon in the game in terms of it performing how you would expect it to.

But yeah it would look better if the soldier graphics held it with both hands while firing and standing still; but also quite stupid if he's running and holding it out in front of him.

Therefor it's just fine the way it is. Unless the dude who made the game decides to make more animations n' [CENSORED], which'd be a nice aesthetic addition.

a-4-year-old
October 22, 2005, 10:38 pm
the "dude" who made the game would hardly waist his time on this when he has so many bugs n stuff to fix, and of corse, MY ideas. XD

nfsjunkie91
October 27, 2005, 1:15 am
you need extra hand for nade

F3nyx
October 27, 2005, 3:52 am
quote:Originally posted by nfsjunkie91you need extra hand for nade
Negative; you can throw grenades while using two-handed weapons.

hippieguy
November 23, 2005, 3:22 am
How hard is it to realise that he doesnt want dual? I mean he cleary stated it in his post. How does running around with 2 hands on a gun look retarted?

Tybs
November 23, 2005, 11:42 am
I would suggest an option to use the socom two-handed, with perfect accuracy but a bit slower rate of fire... that way u can choose between spraying like mad, or incredibly accurate shooting.

Deleted User
November 23, 2005, 12:16 pm
well see hippie these people aren't that bright and this topic is super old.....