( search forums )
inf_Iceberg
Soldat Forums - Soldat Maps & Map Making - Mapping Ideas / Discussions
The Geologist
October 16, 2005, 8:19 pm
Howdy folks...I have another map in the works that I had to get out of my head. This could be a brief return to mapping for me, so I hope it goes well. I have a question.

Overview

Should this inf map have the white flag on the left side of the map, where the alphas spawn, or should it be farther to the right in another section of the map? Obviously I have yet to create such an area, thus my question. I don't need comments about scenery and whatnot, those things are forthcoming and usually just the icing on top of the cake that is the map. Simply looking for your opinion: white flag to the left, or white flag to the right?

Right: 5
Left: 2

Deleted User
October 16, 2005, 8:31 pm
Right

Deleted User
October 16, 2005, 8:32 pm
right

Chonoryoku
October 16, 2005, 8:56 pm
Right, otherwise a Bravo could spawn right next to you as soon as you get out of the little fort.

Deleted User
October 16, 2005, 9:36 pm
left

vash763
October 17, 2005, 4:31 am
left

warpo
October 17, 2005, 4:48 am
uhhhhhh......right

Silent Soldier
October 17, 2005, 5:43 am
Right.

LazehBoi
October 17, 2005, 2:19 pm
I say right now that i've had a better look at it. It seems to be a bit easier for alpha, that way.
A look at the space in between the right red flag and the blue flag at 100% zoom would be nice though.

Deleted User
October 17, 2005, 8:36 pm
Right.

The Geologist
October 17, 2005, 9:09 pm
Thanks for the input people. I've decided to extend the map farther to the right, going on the majority opinion as well as my own. Here's an updated picture.

Picture 1

And for you Lazeh, a look at the space between the flags at 100% zoom (or as close to it as I could get atm).

Picture 2

Seeing as how I've gotten what I wanted to from this topic and additional input about the layout can be obtained by better means, if a mod could lock this topic? Thank you.

mar77a
October 17, 2005, 9:20 pm
Heh, nice. You can grab some design ideas from the DM Icebergs i made if you want to.

The Geologist
October 17, 2005, 9:36 pm
Hmm..I'll take a look. :D I didn't think any other maps had this name as of yet...do you mind?