( search forums )
Vampiric Mode
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
Haart
October 17, 2005, 4:20 pm
How about a mode where you begin on 50% health, and get 25% of the damage you inflict back as hitpoints? Or you slowly lose health, and have to kill to stay alive?

Could be a fun mode *devil grin*

The Geologist
October 17, 2005, 7:43 pm
You already have to kill to stay alive.

Swebonny
October 17, 2005, 7:50 pm
roflmao lol Geologist.

and the idea is pretty good..

Hoodlum
October 17, 2005, 8:13 pm
Or how about you get to suck peoples blood?

;)

zyxstand
October 17, 2005, 9:55 pm
good idea. though how about you start with 60% and get 20% per kill...just a minor improvement.
im for it*

a-4-year-old
October 17, 2005, 9:58 pm
cool i like it i like it a lot, especially for zombie games

The Geologist
October 17, 2005, 10:01 pm
Yea...a game mode where you start with less than 100% health and have to be good to stay alive. I'm sure that'll get more play than HTF...

Do we seriously need to call every idea that gets suggested a good one? No offense...but this doesn't seem like a good, worthwhile, or even practical idea. Pretty sure it's been suggested before, and also shot down.

ráz0r
October 17, 2005, 10:05 pm
Im sure I could dodge bullets for whole match , unless people teamed up on me and came from both sides, but I would still get away D:.

GAMEOVER
October 17, 2005, 10:16 pm
Autos would probably dominate in this mode.

Captain Ben
October 17, 2005, 10:18 pm
SO you have to kill a normal player who has 100% health, while you yourself has less than 60% health, and is slowly losing it as well?
Doesn't float my boat.

Deleted User
October 18, 2005, 1:21 am
Finally a nerf for 1 shot kills :OO
You do know this limits your kills too...
WTF would you do this

Deleted User
October 18, 2005, 2:48 am
This sounds better as a powerup imho, where for like 1 minute you can run around shooting people and gaining HP for the damage you cause. Autos wont pwn in this because single bullets only do so little, while semi-autos such as deagles or ruger can take out a huge chunk of their life.

Well, perhaps not the damage, maybe 50% of damage done goes to HP. :F

zyxstand
October 18, 2005, 2:57 am
yea... i agree with extacide. but also, you can only have up to 150% health max and that would slowly go down (cuz it's unstable?) - kinda like in hl2 if i'm not mistaken

Haart
October 18, 2005, 5:58 am
Yeh, on second thoughts it fits better as a power-up. But it would help eliminate people just avoiding combat, like using the long safe route in maps such as CTFs. If there is a greater emphasis on killing, there will be more killing ;)

Deleted User
October 18, 2005, 6:05 am
lets think about this, health doesnt really matter anyway. hell all the health bar does is fill up room. if this was done the weapons would need to be toned down for health to matter, and thus effectivly ruining the game, bad idea

Keron Cyst
October 18, 2005, 6:17 pm
quote:Originally posted by Captain Ben... Doesn't float my boat.

Blue Devil
October 18, 2005, 7:40 pm
ehum.. remember that the barret and m79 does like.... 90 000 in damage... per shot. half/a fifth/a fourth would make your health go from 0 to 100% in one shot. one-shot-kills are soooo good. have +10% HP for every bullet that hits if you want a gamemode were barret and m79 is underpowered.

Float my boat.

Deleted User
October 19, 2005, 1:03 am
ill float your boat anytime ;). good sugggestion,itll never happen, im sorry, now go hump a hamster

Deleted User
October 19, 2005, 1:42 am
Barret does likeee 405.

M79 has high dmg for low speed :/

rabidhamster
October 19, 2005, 2:04 am
welcome colonel extacide! 500 posts!

i think this could be a decent powerup, 50% of damage you inflict goes to your health. sadly, this will probably never happen.

Deleted User
October 19, 2005, 2:42 am
Why do we need Vampires? Soldat seems fine the way it is, with modern weapons and that stuff.

Captain Ben
October 19, 2005, 9:39 am
We could probably turn this suggestion around if we did this and... yeah.

m00`
October 19, 2005, 10:55 am
HOW ABOUT THERES 2 TEAMS, HUMANS AND VAMPIRES, VAMPIRES KILL HUMANS AND HUMANS TRY TO STAY ALIVE, IF A HUMAN DIES THEY BECOME A VAMPIRE

Haart
October 19, 2005, 3:18 pm
Yeh, should start with 1 vampire though. That's a good idea :)
Humans get points for every 5 seconds they are alive, vampires get points for every kill.

zyxstand
October 20, 2005, 4:30 am
can vampires fly?
and what about implementing likens (or w.e they're called)?
and they could run up walls and rip people apart and dig holes and ssa rape ppl and vampires could have like super long silver ruger rifles.

and if them vampires were to build a battle lab (technology center) they can create liquid silver bullets that will slowly kill those wearwolves!

and don't forget about implementing skin cancer from the sun (except in ctf_Equinox where it's dark) and about 1/15 people will just die out of total randomness from the sun's UV radiation!

Deleted User
October 20, 2005, 5:59 am
LMAO

a-4-year-old
October 20, 2005, 10:00 pm
slow hurt would at least discurage campers who only get a few kills in a minute...
i like mOO's idea, and geologist, i think we shot down plenty of ideas.

The Geologist
October 20, 2005, 10:11 pm
Sorry, but you can never shoot down too many bad ideas.

Chameleon
October 20, 2005, 10:48 pm
me and some friends play a paint ball game like this. we call it zombie
there starts out as one zombie, and he can take as many hits as he wants, or one head shot(prolly wouldnt be the case for soldat). if he hits a human, the human becomes a zombie, and has to kill the humans (he has to stand still for 10 seconds to let friends/team get away before he can shoot them/they can shoot him) and once all humans are zombies, the zombies win, or once all the zombies are dead, the humans win.

thats a pretty fun paint ball game, got the idea from dawn of the dead/other zombie movies. but with soldat, it could be changed a bit, to fit the soldat ways...and other stuff. like maybe like this

two teams, red team (humans), blue team (zombies). starts out as a 3-4:1 ratio for humans:zombies, random players are chosen to be the zombies. the zombies charge/walk into the humans's base, shooting all that they see, turning the humans into zombies. and once the humans kill the zombies, they stay dead (survival mode) untill one team wins.

i dont know how the point system would work, but, what do you guys think?

xtishereb
October 21, 2005, 12:10 am
Sounds like it would be better for a powerup. Except it's like having a mobile medpack for as long as you have the powerup on.

It's an okay idea, but it's not rockin' my socks.

Haart
October 21, 2005, 11:00 am
Nothing wrong with saying "no" to an idea. But shooting it down can be harsh sometimes (not this case really). There are more "diplomatic" ways of saying "that idea sucks", and an even better response is "that idea sucks BECAUSE..."

nvm, it was just a random thought I had. Zombie mode could be fun though.

Chameleon
October 21, 2005, 6:33 pm
quote:Originally posted by xtisherebSounds like it would be better for a powerup. Except it's like having a mobile medpack for as long as you have the powerup on.

It's an okay idea, but it's not rockin' my socks.

in my idea, i dont think i ever said that they can heal themselves

Korinth
October 25, 2005, 5:38 am
quote:Originally posted by zyxstandcan vampires fly?
and what about implementing likens (or w.e they're called)?
and they could run up walls and rip people apart and dig holes and ssa rape ppl and vampires could have like super long silver ruger rifles.

and if them vampires were to build a battle lab (technology center) they can create liquid silver bullets that will slowly kill those wearwolves!

and don't forget about implementing skin cancer from the sun (except in ctf_Equinox where it's dark) and about 1/15 people will just die out of total randomness from the sun's UV radiation!

thats has to be infringing on some copyrights but hey free advertising for underworld

but really vampires and stuff, im going have to say no because dosnt fit modern soldat....think someone already pointed that out, jus have to emphias that