( search forums )
spawnpoint position by weapon type
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
rabidhamster
October 17, 2005, 10:20 pm
what if, depending on your weapon, you spawned at a different place?

the map maker would have more spawnpoint options, including those for users with primary and secondary weapons (secondary spawnpoints would be included to support advance mode), but would of course keep the original player and team psawnpoints.

if you ever wanted to have an inf map where the red fn minimiers paratrooped from the sky onto the blue base, be my guest. if you want snipers to spawn at the roof to counter attacks the minimiers, go ahead, humor yourself.

discuss.

Keron Cyst
October 18, 2005, 6:14 pm
Hm, I'd like that. But if it alters original .PMS data layout in any way then it won't happen...

SPARTAN_III
October 18, 2005, 6:40 pm
now that is a thought. it would enhance tactical capability of maps.

i support it.

Deleted User
October 18, 2005, 6:41 pm
Very good. BArret/m79 start in a dmging polygon zone :O

It'd be interesting to implement

Blue Devil
October 18, 2005, 7:52 pm
yes very. Then you can have a absolutly random spawnpoint wich every weapon can spawn on. I think that this should be a special mode (like real, advanced etc..) becoase I would probably get tired of it.

zyxstand
October 18, 2005, 9:11 pm
good idea - though i rly don't think it'd make that much of a difference in the game... nice thought though i won't support it.

The Geologist
October 18, 2005, 9:24 pm
I don't support it for one reason. Some people would abuse the function to get back at certain guns they don't like.

Deleted User
October 18, 2005, 10:14 pm
how geologist? i support this idea alot

Deleted User
October 18, 2005, 10:28 pm
like when making maps, make teh Barret/m79 spawn in a death polygon box.

rabidhamster
October 18, 2005, 10:45 pm
^how about just disable those weapons?

this new soldat, lets call it 1.301, would support both the old kinds of maps, and the new kinds of maps, we'll call them .PMS2 files.

remember, the .PMS2 maps don't have to go by this new rule. the classic player spawn points would still exist in map editors, so if you chose, say, the steyr aug, but there wasn't any aug spawnpoints, soldat would just spawn you in a regular player spawn point. if that map has no regular spawnpoints, soldat would just put you in a different weapon spawnpoint.

and geologist, i see what you mean, but many noob mapmakers put charlie spawn on dead polys, litter stationary guns all over the red base in ctf, et cetera, so it wouldn't make that much of a difference. at least it wouldn't have the effect that the weapon mods had.

Deleted User
October 19, 2005, 1:01 am
well like weapom mods it would be abused at first but after it dies down a bit itll be fine, now lets all have a game of htf :P like thatll happen

rabidhamster
October 19, 2005, 1:37 am
^precisely. another issue sorted out by the superior and incredible taal.

a-4-year-old
October 20, 2005, 9:54 pm
/serveroption
/want
yay (^_^)

rabidhamster
October 21, 2005, 12:39 am
good suggestion 4yearold.

this should be an in-game-option, and a command aswell (instant reaction, not like the /realisticmode command).

i think this might have almost a little bit of potential. then again, i started the topic. #9643;_#9643;