( search forums )
soccom kicks ass!
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Soldat Moments
headstone
October 17, 2005, 11:43 pm
Man, I just tried using it last night (in which were probably the best ctf games I've played) instead of my usual saw, and I realized it's the utlimate back up weapon. It has a nice curve, for shooting over bumps, and high damage, and is always ready with its super short reload time. I used it mostly with an AK 74, mp5 or ruger last night, and I played freaking good (by my standards, lol).

Anyway, I finally played a good 8 on 8 or so ctf, and I'm used to little 4 on 4s, so I had a ton o fun. I was on a server whos name I can't remember, except it was marked as (WM) but used normal 3.1 weapons.

so, thoughts on the soccom, besides "omg I'll nife u befor u even shoot!" ?

Deleted User
October 17, 2005, 11:57 pm
Its good, but their a little wimpy when shooting at a flying person. But Ive always stuck to my knife, so I dont know.

Deleted User
October 18, 2005, 2:31 am
Once upon a time the USSOCOM was all there was to choose from. People could whip those suckers out and use them as well as any primary.

Then the saws, laws, and knives came along, and the poor little USSOCOM has been lonely ever since.

But yeah, the USSOCOM I'd say is the secondary to use if you're planning to run around with a barret or m79--especially the barret. It's the one that you can most feasibly take out multiple targets with. The gun's also good for finishing off opponents, so you could, say, use a longer-range auto to soften them up and then switch to the handgun to finish them off; a good idea if you're going to use the slow-to-reload minimi, as it'll help conserve ammo.

I really need to use the USSOCOM more...

Koon
October 18, 2005, 3:07 am
The SOCOMs purpose is for weapons that reload slow and you nead a gun fast. But for guns like the HK or deagles they reload fast enough that the SOCOM is useless. That's why I prefer my knife. Not that it isnt fun to own with the SOCOM Every now and then =D

Colonol Roy Mustang
October 26, 2005, 11:44 pm
The SOCOM has given me some good kills

Gortaak
October 27, 2005, 9:56 am
lol the guy above me has 0 posts >< how does that work? LOL!

Captain Ben
October 27, 2005, 12:37 pm
lol the guy above me just went totally off topic >< why did he do that? LOL!

The socom is good, but I only ever use it if I pick it up, and even then I'll only empty it and then drop it. I use it occasionally with bots, though.

troskal
November 1, 2005, 7:03 am
Second that!

Echo_Trail
November 1, 2005, 8:28 am
quote:Originally posted by DrivenUnderIts good, but their a little wimpy when shooting at a flying person. But Ive always stuck to my knife, so I dont know.

socom is so freakin overpowered :D
It's almost as good as a primary! it's sick!.. and pretty cool! But as well as the comrade just above, i stick to my sword..

WarCry
November 1, 2005, 9:46 am
Solcom meh.... id rather stick a knife in them

Deleted User
November 1, 2005, 4:07 pm
Socom? Only in advanced mode. In my server, FutureFear, it shoots flames.When I checked the stats a few days ago, It had 350+- suicides and 1 kill.

Deleted User
November 1, 2005, 4:31 pm
On realistic, socom is amazing.

Deleted User
November 1, 2005, 5:27 pm
omg I'll nife u befor u even shoot!

Echo_Trail
November 1, 2005, 7:13 pm
knife has much more style about it... kinda hitman alike! :D

Deleted User
November 1, 2005, 10:38 pm
1 or 2 socom headshots in realistic kills. Need to aim, though.

.Loki
November 2, 2005, 5:27 am
oh HELLZ yeah. Socom is by far my favorite weapon in the game.

There was a perdiod of time (3-4 months) where i used socom religiously. Every single game, without fail. I got so good with it I couldn't even use other weapons properly. God that was cool. Although it got me banned from a LOT of servers by stupid noobs... but I had a dynamic IP, so it was all good. Damn socom rocks.

And yeah, it's pretty much just another primary weapon. Much Harder to use, but by far one of the most rewarding weapons to own noobs with.

vash763
November 2, 2005, 8:54 am
and the saw isn't hard to use?

If your just playing for the rewarding factor of the game (why are you picking on new players loki) then use the saw. It is much harder to kill with that than with the socom.

headstone
November 2, 2005, 11:39 am
Umm.... where does he say that the socom is harder to use than the saw?

Read it again.

Metatag
November 2, 2005, 10:10 pm
The socom is like a primary. It's easy to take out full-health well-skilled players even without any other targets around.

I <3 SOCOM

.Loki
November 3, 2005, 12:32 am
Yeah, the saw is hard to use, though it isn't quite as practical as the socom. Not to say that I haven't played (and won) with nothing but saw n' nades before.

And I'd hardly call my socoming picking on new players. I played 1v1's, clan matches, and pretty much every other game with socom, regardless of my oponents skill.

Outcast
November 4, 2005, 10:20 am
It is the ultimate backup weapon, it's a little weak mixture of mp5 and AK, having the mp5's curve and the AK's accuracy. YOu have to click like mad but it pays off, i could probably play cw's with it :)

Kaider
November 4, 2005, 5:16 pm
Ya,the Socom rocks, especially in realistic mode. For a while I had my server messages say "Don't cry when I own you with a Socom" XD

xtishereb
November 4, 2005, 9:07 pm
As nice as the SOCOM is, I don't really like it because my MP5 is my primary weapon. By the time I'd have pulled it out and started shooting people, the MP5 would probably reload.
Still, I have had stints using the SOCOM, and it was plently of fun.
I use saw, it's probably the most fun weapon ever, even more because you can cut up bodies with it and a suprising number of players can't run. One time I was chasing a M79 user, we jetted up, his jets ran out and he fell right into my saw!

Also, you can drop your secondaires and pick up another gun.

quickslash
November 6, 2005, 5:04 pm
Well as other people have said the socom rocks in realistic. but i really dont like it I use the knife and throw at everyone like crazy lol knife used to be my primary my secondary ruger and they got owned :p