( search forums )
I don't understand!!
Soldat Forums - Misc - The Bash Pit
Keron Cyst
October 18, 2005, 6:53 pm
I've had a cold for over a month now. Since when has a cold lasted for that long?

I'm also getting a form of 'flu, I think. I feel like puking all the time, and can't even hold my head up very long. The 'flu I contracted just today, when yesternight I was working 'til 11:30 on a homework assigned two weeks ago, due the next day xD I don't think the late time affected me so much as working on a computer that was on a cardboard box, and having to sit in a hunched position for over 3 hours (it made me feel carsick, and I still do)...

To be specific, it was a reading log of H.G. Wells' The Island of Dr. Moreau. I wasn't even done by that night so I had to work on it this morning at 6 again, getting a measly cereal breakfast. I'm now starving in Web Design (yay HTML; the teacher's giving us tags we don't even know).

Vijchtidoodah
October 18, 2005, 7:32 pm
Mmm...perhaps a doctor's visit is in order, eh?

Last time I had a cold for over a month was because the vitamins I was taking to get over the cold were actually keeping me feeling sick. Centrum sucks balls. Worst nine weeks of my life.

?
October 18, 2005, 7:42 pm
Eat healthier and get better sleep, you will feel like a greek god...

Deleted User
October 18, 2005, 7:52 pm
You've got aids!

Deleted User
October 18, 2005, 7:55 pm
everyone's a moderator nowadays

peemonkey
October 18, 2005, 7:57 pm
BIRD FLU!

actually ive been sick for about 3 weeks too...wtf.

?
October 18, 2005, 9:15 pm
Everyone has aids, My sister! AIDS! My brother! AIDS!
AIDS! AIDS! AIDS! AIDS! AIDS!

Deleted User
October 18, 2005, 10:17 pm
Everyone has AIDS!
AIDS AIDS AIDS!
AIDS AIDS AIDS AIDS AIDS AIDS!
Everyone has AIDS!

And so this is the end of our story
And everyone is dead from AIDS
It took from me my best friend
My only true pal
My only bright star (he died of AIDS)

Well I'm gonna march on Washington
Lead the fight and charge the brigades
There's a hero inside of all of us
I'll make them see everyone has AIDS

My father (AIDS!)
My sister (AIDS!)
My uncle and my cousin and her best friend (AIDS AIDS AIDS!)
The [CENSORED]s and the straights
And the white and the spades

Everyone has AIDS!
My grandma and my dog 'ol blue (AIDS AIDS AIDS)
The pope has got it and so do you (AIDS AIDS AIDS AIDS AIDS)
C'mon everybody we got quilting to do (AIDS AIDS AIDS AIDS AIDS)
We gotta break down these baricades, everyone has
AIDS! x 20

Aegis
October 19, 2005, 1:44 am
Silly rabbit, Flu is respiratory. Most likely the source of your stomach sickness originates from food poisoning of some kind.
A cold for a month? Jesus, get a doctors visit :/. My friend used to get that a lot, than he found out he had a really weak immune system and he has to take a prescription for it.

Captain Ben
October 19, 2005, 9:36 am
Doctor. Never, ever ask for advice here. -=EVER=-

UGK
October 19, 2005, 10:42 pm
quote:Originally posted by Ville Mk.2You've got aids!

Thats what I was about to say~!

Rambo_6
October 20, 2005, 12:21 am
Inhaling a gel pen (or kitten) usually helps with the flu.

BManx2000
October 20, 2005, 12:31 am
If that doesn't work, try swinging a dead cat by the tail over your head three times counterclockwise under a full moon in a graveyard while yelling "EENY OONY WANNY! EENY OONY WANNY!".

F3nyx
October 20, 2005, 2:53 am
quote:Originally posted by BManx2000If that doesn't work, try swinging a dead cat by the tail over your head three times counterclockwise under a full moon in a graveyard while yelling "EENY OONY WANNY! EENY OONY WANNY!".
Uh-oh, you totally just ripped off Gray Larson's snail worship nonsense phrase.

Also, random Internet strangers generally lack medical training. But I've had more than my share of experience with colds. If you're coughing a lot in addition to normal cold symptoms, you might have whooping cough, which is also known as the hundred-day cough.

On the flu: do you have a fever? If so, going to class probably isn't worth it. Also, I've noticed that I sometimes get flu-like symptoms (chills, aches, fever + random sweating, mild nausea) when I'm extremely fatigued. It goes away after some solid rest. Sleep lots and keep hydrated.

Keron Cyst
October 20, 2005, 7:30 pm
quote:Originally posted by AegisSilly rabbit, Flu is respiratory....

Actually you're right; it was just the cold itself taking a severe form after that night. I'll post more later (no time right now), but I can tell you I was knocked out for quite a bit xP

Deleted User
October 20, 2005, 8:02 pm
That sucks Keron. For me, well, I can look forward to a bad flu/bronchitus every year. If I don't get a flu shot I will get sick. It gets annoying, but it seems that the flu is less and less worse every time.

Michal
October 20, 2005, 8:29 pm
Sucks to be sick :P
I'm usually the first to get sick when the cold season starts, but I get over it pretty quick.
Last time was in september, I had it for only 3 days but it was worse than most other colds.

Keron Cyst
October 21, 2005, 1:50 am
Couldn't be much worse than my own just now; yesterday morning, at ~6:00, I got a weird upper-back pain which felt (closest I can compare it to) like a small anvil rubbing, twisting against my back, and it burned no matter what posture I was in (lying, sitting\standing straight up or hunched, twisted... you name it, it hurt no less). It even seemed to amplify with my breathing, and it suddenly disappeared just as my mom came to give me some pills... o.O'

Man, if that torture continued for any longer I'd've paid $50 to get out of it... heck. I think I'm better now, tho'.

quote:Originally posted by Ville Mk.2You've got aids!
I can just imagine your avatar crazily yelling that xD You've got AIDS OMGAGRHGRGAHGRG [IMAGE]