( search forums )
Self Bink
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
papasurf31
October 18, 2005, 10:48 pm
I don't know if this is true but from extensive testing, it has seemed to me that self bink does not affect a weapon's accuracy until the 4th shot. this means that the first 3 shots will be fired with base accuracy for that specific weapon, which can be very accurate.

I would like self bink to start affecting the weapon either immediately or have a variable that determines which shot will be the first affected by self bink. This is because many people simply rapidly click the mouse button now instead of holding it down. Self bink should be impervious to such spamming countermeasures.

Also, it doesn't seem to affect semi-autos at all. This also supports my thought that self bink should be in action right after the first shot. This will make it so that semiautos can alos similar recoil capabilities, since firing a handgun or a sniper rifle rapidly will still cause recoil, and would help balance weapons in new mods.

LazehBoi
October 19, 2005, 3:01 pm
quote:Originally posted by papasurf31I would like self bink to start affecting the weapon either immediately or have a variable that determines which shot will be the first affected by self bink. This is because many people simply rapidly click the mouse button now instead of holding it down. Self bink should be impervious to such spamming countermeasures.
That was the whole point of it: To make automatics harder to use, but keeping them useable. In addition, they got slightly weaker. I feel that they're fine when it comes to self bink.
The self bink was thought up to help against automatics being dominant in group situations, and less damage to make spray less harsh.
Semi-automatic self bink would be okay, but only as a choice in weapon mods and not in the default settings.

Alamo
October 19, 2005, 7:58 pm
Many autos have burst modes because the recoil becomes noticable after the 2nd or 3rd shot. The bullets just come out too fast for the first one to already throw off your aim.
So I don't think it's _that_ unrealistic.

Deleted User
October 19, 2005, 8:24 pm
So you want to [CENSORED] auto's more?

Deleted User
October 19, 2005, 9:09 pm
Yeah! Who cares if one-shots are already whored, let's screw everything but them some more!

papasurf31
October 20, 2005, 12:14 am
I don't mean any of my suggestions to be implemented in default weapon settings, only as added options for weapon modders so they can create more diverse mods. This, if implemented would not make any weapon in the default set any more or less powerful. I'm not trying to [CENSORED] with your precious autos. Let's NOT screw everything but them some more! [CENSORED]ing tards...

Alamo, I understand that bursts should be good for accuracy, but there is still some, if little, recoil affecting the 2nd and 3rd shots. What I mean is, for example, if you had a gun with a self bink value of -150 (which is pretty high) the first three shots would be perfectly accurate, but the 4 th and subsquent would be horribly off. I think this should be more gradual, being barely noticable in the first shots (but still there) and getting more intensified as you hold the trigger down.

I mentioned the mouse spamming to emphasize that it is too easy to get around the self bink by rapidly clikcing the mouse, which makes it perfectly accurate and doesn't really affect ROF if you click fast enough. If self bink were implemented on the 2nd shot, then doing this would still make the guns inaccurate, but at a slower rate than if you held the mouse button down.

Swarmer
October 20, 2005, 2:13 am
I agree: I think that self bink should either be like this or continue AFTER a gun is finished firing. Bink should wear off in a time period, not after you finish firing. Kind of like in CS. But I dont think semi-autos need to be binked. Although I think something should be done about the ruger, I think that adding any form of self-binking to the ruger would completely kill it. Ruger users have to have close to 100% accuracy to be effective (which is annoying becuase it's easy to do). The only semi-auto i would consider self-binking is the deagle pair. No one really fires it any slower than its full rate anyways. However, I think the deagles are perfectly fine.

Guys, this isnt to nerf autos, it's to make them different, not necessarily worse. The concept is that the first few shots WOULD have reduced accuracy, but only slightly. This would only take away the instant inaccuracy of the 4th bullet.

Btw, is that Giger in your avatar?

papasurf31
October 21, 2005, 10:15 pm
Yes, precisely. And no, it isn't giger.

BUMP

Deleted User
October 25, 2005, 4:02 am
Well you don't need to insult people.
I completly disagree with this, imo autos are enough hard as they are right now, and by the way more diverse mods there will be.. less they'll be played.