( search forums )
Ipod nano dead pixels
Soldat Forums - Misc - The Bash Pit
kylerlandry
October 19, 2005, 6:02 am
Alas being the kid that I am I decided to drop $265 on an ipod nano. 2 weeks later (I was being gentle) I pull it out of my pocket and what do I find? nothing! my screen is blank. The backlight shows and it plays music but I can't see the display. Well now I'm sitting here memorizing the menu blindly so I can quickly switch playlists during class. I don't know if this is covered under the warranty though. I heard a rumor that if you have more than 5 dead pixels apple will exchange your ipod but I found no evidence of this on the apple website.

Moral: Don't buy products without others being the guinea pigs first.

also, I recommend the google toolbar. It has a built in spellcheck (though the popup blocker on it sucks).

karmazon
October 19, 2005, 6:39 am
MORAL: DONT BUY A [CENSORED]ING IPOD NEVER EVER IT SUCKS [CENSORED]S COCKS YOU'LL ALWAYS HAVE PROBLEMS WITH IT, I DONT CARE WHAT YOU SAY, I KNOW YOUR IPOD HAS PROBLEMS

n00bface
October 19, 2005, 6:41 am
hahahahhaaha ipods hhahaha

Captain Ben
October 19, 2005, 6:43 am
Have the reciept? Return it and [CENSORED] for a while.

TheFunktopus
October 19, 2005, 6:50 am
hahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahaha ipods hahahahahahahahahahahah
hahahahah

P.S. hahahahahahahhahaha architecture

FliesLikeABrick
October 19, 2005, 6:56 am
ipod blamed fat people for the ipod nanos breaking. they said that fat people stick them in their pockets and sit on them.

I saw a video of some people beating the crap out of a nano, dropping it from all heights, running over it, etc. If it broke this easily then you just have bad luck and should get it replaced.

have fun

Deleted User
October 19, 2005, 7:09 am
My brother bought one, althought I wish he didn't, but it works fine.

Cookie.
October 19, 2005, 7:11 am
There is a defective screen problem with the Nano, supposedly it is happening alot with the Nano from people putting them in their pockets.. I read somewhere that they would replace the defective screens though, you should really look into that

Captain Ben
October 19, 2005, 7:15 am
I didn't even know they had screens :P

mickle89
October 19, 2005, 8:40 am
I have a sandisk sansa 512 mb. I want more extras though. I dont see a stopwatch coming in so handy.

And what a goose i am. I got it for $145 and thinking of buying a 512mb SD card for $60. So thats $205 when I could have bought the 1 gig for $199. GEES!

peemonkey
October 19, 2005, 6:01 pm
who the [CENSORED] would make something you that small, and not have it be pocket-compatible? that's [CENSORED]ing stupid. what's worse is, even though this [CENSORED] is widely known, dumb pricks keep spending hella cash on them, and it keeps [CENSORED]ing happening. plastic [CENSORED] = crap.

Deleted User
October 19, 2005, 6:32 pm
quote:Originally posted by n00bfacehahahahhaaha ipods hhahaha

wow.. you better make sure your next post is legendary.

for those who dosn't know what i'm talking about, drop dead

karmazon
October 19, 2005, 7:48 pm
those who listen to nofx - drop dead

lithium
October 19, 2005, 7:50 pm
Those who woship the PIITB - drop dead.

peemonkey
October 19, 2005, 8:29 pm
/agrees with karmazon, wonders who the [CENSORED] this ^ person thinks he is.

Deleted User
October 19, 2005, 10:10 pm
again, the morons think the posts count..

everyone, dop dread..

Deleted User
October 19, 2005, 10:17 pm
I shall now proceed into dopping dread!

peemonkey
October 19, 2005, 10:36 pm
dop dop dop

UGK
October 19, 2005, 10:41 pm
quote:Originally posted by FliesLikeABrickipod blamed fat people for the ipod nanos breaking. they said that fat people stick them in their pockets and sit on them.

I saw a video of some people beating the crap out of a nano, dropping it from all heights, running over it, etc. If it broke this easily then you just have bad luck and should get it replaced.

have fun

HEY! I dont not sit on my nano and breake it....because i dont have one, but anyways I wouldnt sit on it!

Aquarius
October 19, 2005, 10:54 pm
crap

The Geologist
October 19, 2005, 11:13 pm
quote:Originally posted by HHHagain, the morons think the posts count..

everyone, dop dread..

When did they make it about post count? Maybe they had an issue with the stance against PIITB? Maybe? Moron. Drop dead. See? Other people can say it as well. Oops...I mean dop dead.

Ontopicness: I've always loved my 40 gig iPod. No problems or screen issues. I dropped it once and wasn't able to use it in iTunes...but it fixed itself and now works just fine o_O; If that doesn't rock, I don't know what does.

Rambo_6
October 20, 2005, 12:19 am
Rocks rock.

papasurf31
October 20, 2005, 12:24 am
A friend of mine got an iPod nano by trading in his old "defective" 20 gig iPod (He ran a magnet over it so much, so there is not exterior damage, but the inside is completely [CENSORED]ed). So far, he has no had any problems with it, despite how carelessly he treats the thing.

I just don't see the point of having a smaller iPod. It just makes it easier to lose and break, not to mention worse sound quality and less storage space. I'll stick with my Zen Micro.

AerialAssault
October 20, 2005, 2:49 am
creative zen sleek FTW.

frogboy
October 20, 2005, 6:45 am
quote:Originally posted by HHH
Your posts aren't exactly works of Shakespeare either. At least n00bface doesn't think he's 1773.

Captain Ben
October 20, 2005, 6:48 am
I need new earphones. Any suggestions?

Deleted User
October 20, 2005, 9:46 am
quote:Originally posted by frogboyquote:Originally posted by HHH
Your posts aren't exactly works of Shakespeare either. At least n00bface doesn't think he's 1337.

atleast i'm not a 14 year old fat kid with shaved armpits and the most IDIOTIC nickname.

papasurf31
October 20, 2005, 1:03 pm
orly?

post a pic of urself in the lounge topic. You will be judged.

Deleted User
October 20, 2005, 1:10 pm
ahahahahaahah i havent posted of pic of myself, i will one day.....one day

Jap_man
October 21, 2005, 12:04 pm
quote:Originally posted by HHHquote:Originally posted by frogboyquote:Originally posted by HHH
Your posts aren't exactly works of Shakespeare either. At least n00bface doesn't think he's 1337.

atleast i'm not a 14 year old fat kid with shaved armpits and the most IDIOTIC nickname.

Atleast he isn't a total moron who lacks wit and intelligence or tries to write "intelligent" comments like "wow.. you better make sure your next post is legendary", which just ends up making you look like a bigger idiot. Not to mention atleast his alias isn't named after a wrestler.

SPARTAN_III
October 21, 2005, 5:50 pm
for those who have a banned account called sprocket - drop dead.