Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Soldat Improvements Discussion
Keron Cyst
October 19, 2005, 6:13 pm
SA Bink
[code][Ruger 77]
SABink=15
SABAdd=10
SABTime=45[/code]

15 represents the # of pixels the cursor jumps in a random direction after a shot. 10 represents how many pixels more it jumps if you fire it before 45 ticks pass (e.g. if you keep firing as fast as possible SA Bink-jumping increases in cursor jump distance). SABAdd can be 0 so it jumps in a random direction the same distance every time you fire. They can all be 0 if there is no SA Bink (e.g. for D'Eagles, etc.); in that case, regular Bink can be used, if even that.

This could also help in Realistic Mode to establish how much a weapon recoils upward (in which case random direction is not in effect).

SERIAL KILLeR
October 19, 2005, 6:46 pm
Would be nice.
Also a selfbinklimit (angle of the bullet spread) could be usefull.

zyxstand
October 19, 2005, 9:35 pm
shouldn't it be SABBink...
and maybe have SABSpeed or something that says how fast it goes back to zero...
not all too useful:
the problem with that is that not many people are going to use it - and those that are, this will just be another little annoying thing for people that join to learn it's the modded server's new rules...

F3nyx
October 20, 2005, 2:17 am
Er, wouldn't you have to do this with degrees or radians (angle measurement units) rather than pixels? The rifle should recoil upward the same amount whether you're aiming close or far away. If pixels were used, when aiming far away, the rifle's angle would hardly change at all, while when aiming close up, the angle would change by like 90 degrees, which is ridiculous.

edit: I've never seen the code for recoil and self-bink, so maybe the system actually works that way. If so, it makes very little sense. Anyway, aside from the pixel vs. angle thing, Keron's suggestion is sensible.

zyxstand
October 20, 2005, 4:22 am
i've noticed they kinda do both*
it makes your aim off by the same degree each time (so if you aim further your cursor gets further up and it's harder to pull it back down just cause it's a longer distance) - but it doesn't rotate it per say; it moves your cursor vertically up so that the degree angle measure stays the same (so the closer the less up it goes and the further the more - but in both cases it moves vertically)

Keron Cyst
October 20, 2005, 7:12 pm
quote:Originally posted by zyxstandshouldn't it be SABBink...
The b stands for "bink" :-P
Yeah, a SABSpeed would be nice.

@F3nyx: I just went with pixels because in Realistic Mode the cursor always jumps only up from its location, and some weapons go higher than others so I figured it counts them by how many pixels it rises per shot.