( search forums )
Selknam´s Movie
Soldat Forums - Soldat Fans - Fan Art and Movies
Selknam
October 19, 2005, 10:04 pm
Hi this is my personal movie.
I´m part of Chilean comunity of soldat, and this are just some of my plays wich i collected since a month ago.

My English is bad so i dont translate my video, but i think thats not very important. Play it with windows media player or it could look kind of laggy or in a low quality of fps.

Time: 6:11 min
ARchive: Rar, 47.7 mb
Video: Wmv (windows media)
[urlhttp://rapidshare.de/files/6496747/Selknam_Video_2005.rar.html[/url]

Bye.

antiCamper
October 19, 2005, 11:17 pm
*BOOM Headshot* !

Selknam
October 20, 2005, 12:30 am
it does not have any prepared kills.
All the play are tkaed from clan wars... no 1 of them was tke it from a public server, just clan wars.
=)

Swarmer
October 20, 2005, 2:18 am
The voice part got kind of annoying...
not because it was repetitive, but becuase the persons voice was kind of scratchy and laryngitis-y.

My favorite part was when the person M79ed the floor and launched the guy away and naded him. That was pretty cool. Unfortunately, the rest was generally not-super-exciting. I mean, you can only watch so many barrett kills before you think, "I get it, this guy can kill people with barrett".

I really liked the begining. the old-film look and music gave it an epic sort of feeling.

The begining was really smooth and clear, but the film quality aftewards was inconsistent. Many times I had no idea what was happening since it was so choppy and blurry.

I think this movie could be shortened. It gets kind of reptitive, so if you just had a little bit of each part, it would be refreshing.

But I cant read that language, and it looked like it was maybe a clan-video, so maybe the purpose was to give each player some time. if thats the case, then good.

But overall it was fun to watch. keep at it.

Selknam
October 20, 2005, 3:47 am
i thing is repetitive for u because obviusly u can understand the "topic" of the video.
Is a kind of ilarius, like a little joke. It beggins with something like
"how to make your onw soldat movie, Selknam will teach u"
Then
"First of all, choose an adecuate music" and the music beggins.
then comes the part with the old-film look like
"second rule:
Make sure u have a good video quality"
And appears some few kills and stop the old film stile
"third rule:
Every body can make some good kills
!!! put a lot of them passing fast in your video!!!"
And there appears a lot of all kinds of kills, passing fast in the video.
"fourth rule:
A video without longs plays is just another video"
And here comes 2 or 3 long plays
"five rule:
Put on some intelligents and/or dificults kills"
and comes some dificults or smart kills (like the part that u say was the better)
"six rule:
End it with a great play, wich end itself with and perfectly succesfull"
And the come the final play, when i kill o most 2 time the other clan when we was playing with a person less (4vs3) and ends with a ultra long shot agains the Enemy flag carrier and i cant return because he simply doesn´t die, and i do. =/
and i say to him "give it to me!!!!" "=/"

is a kind of thematic Video a think, and very ilarius when u understand spanish XD

pd: thanks for the comments, i like all kind of critics

(Double-post combined. - Kazuki)

Kazuki
October 20, 2005, 5:15 am
I've combined your last two points. Next time you want to add something to your post, please us the [IMAGE] button to avoid double-posting.

Downloading the video now. Will comment later or in the morning.

Some of the footage wasn't all that great, but most of it was pretty good. I liked the usage of sound. Overall,I liked the effort you put into the movie. Though it was a bit too long, it was pretty well-done. :)

Selknam
October 20, 2005, 7:54 pm
quote:Originally posted by KazukiI've combined your last two points. Next time you want to add something to your post, please us the [IMAGE] button to avoid double-posting.

i´ll keep it in mind :)

thanks for your comment =)

Avskum
October 21, 2005, 4:37 pm
You Chileans sure seem to know how to make those headshots!
Good kills and stuff but crappy quality and camera angles.

Deleted User
October 21, 2005, 9:26 pm
Ok, I can speak/read spanish but seriously, el texto no se veia muy vien en italico. Y tamboen el tiempo del texto fue muy corto. No lo podia ler a unos. Estuvo chevre, pero unos partes como la voz, y los barret shots fueron repetidos mucho. Pero tienes bueno skill. Tienes msn? Depronto me podrias ensenarme aser una. ^^ Me gusto, well done.

Swarmer
October 21, 2005, 9:59 pm
oh, now that i understand the text, its a lot cooler.

Kazuki
October 21, 2005, 10:59 pm
Haha, DrivenUnder, nice spanish. :P You screwed up some of the words, but otherwise, nice. >_>

Deleted User
October 22, 2005, 12:43 am
OMG, I know right?! Its those stupid Spanish lessons im taking. Im already a native speaker but those dumb morons in my class are screwing up my language...!!

Selknam
October 22, 2005, 4:11 am
quote:Originally posted by DrivenUnderOMG, I know right?! Its those stupid Spanish lessons im taking. Im already a native speaker but those dumb morons in my class are screwing up my language...!!

but you are going for a good way, at least every1 that speak spanish could understand what you wanted to said.

I thing that your spanish is just that bad like my English XD

beside, the word "chevere" is and expresión that is used in venezuela, and in Chile it dont have any sense XD, wich doesn´t mean that we cant understand the expresion but for us sound kind of funny :P

Thanks for all yours comments.

About the sounds of "headshoot" XD that noisy voice was taked from a video called something like "fpsdoug" wich you can see it here:
http://media.putfile.com/FPS-doug
well, he is really insane.
And is soooooooo dumb that putting his voice in my video was very funny for all that understood the joke behind it XD

If u wanna take a look of his sfx (sounds for soldat) check here:
http://dasmileyplace.homestead.com/files/fpsdoug.zip

i strongly recomend use it in a low volume, or u could start to get insane too XD