( search forums )
Powerups that affect evryone...
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
Zegovia
October 20, 2005, 2:02 pm
You all know what all the standard powerups do.

* Gives you four times the damage.
* Gives you a flamer.
* Invisibility.
* Armor.
* Nifty grenades.

I whas kinda thinking of powerups that affect everyone when a person gets it, it would be kinda fun.

* Earthquake: everything shakes, tumples around, movement becomes tricky, Weapon acr would be affected.

*Low gravity: Where in spaaace!!!!

*high gravity: jet fuel drinks like hell, you can bareley jump, lesser distance at fall damage.

*Plauge: everyone gets sick, health will drop untill ya get a med pack, the one who gets the powerup is unafected.

*Bullet time: Bullet time in a longer period of time.

Anyone have some other ideas?

Silent Soldier
October 21, 2005, 11:48 am
Earthquake: Maybe not... It'd be hard to put it in maybe
Low gravity: Suggested before
High gravity: Duhh...
Plague*: Who gets the killing points? The picker? Does the picker die itself?
Bullet time: Yes, it'd be awesome, and it's easy to do the "slow-motion-sound-effects". But it'd increase the size of Soldat about twice.

Deleted User
October 21, 2005, 1:19 pm
i think itd be worth it for the bullet time, good suggestion

FliesLikeABrick
October 21, 2005, 1:53 pm
no, this isn't mario kart.

numgun
October 21, 2005, 4:01 pm
hmm... these ideas are from worms... attleast most of them. this could add a little twist to soldat!

Keron Cyst
October 21, 2005, 6:12 pm
Earthquake's nice. That can easily be simulated as if the screen shakes from explosions, and the cursor grows to as if it is at -15 bink by default for as long as the earthquake lasts - 10 or 12 seconds is good ACT.

I'd also like Plague (no kills for the power-up collector; people just act as if they're passing through invisible, non-colliding Hurts polygons all the time until they touch MediKits; Plague doesn't have a lasting time limit) and Extended Bullet Time, tho' I'm not sure how that'd work (I guess 75% of the official BT and lasts for 15 normal seconds?)...

Deleted User
October 21, 2005, 8:48 pm
quote:Originally posted by FliesLikeABrickno, this isn't mario kart.

Exactly what I thought when I clicked on this topic.
Works in racing games... but in other multiplayer games, just keep them out.

Deleted User
October 22, 2005, 2:07 am
To be perfectly honest, I don't like this idea, and the Mario Kart comparison is a good one for why.

Take away all of the crazy powerups in Mario Kart and what do you have? A bunch of Mario characters driving go-karts in circles, which would be undeniably boring and pointless. The insanity from the lightning bolts, koopa shells, and so on are necessary in order to make the game a unique and fun experience (which it is).

Soldat, on the other hand, has enough insanity on its own--you have bullets, grenades, knives, and missiles flying all over the map... Not to mention the occasional invisible guy killing you from seemingly nowhere, being set on fire and burning to death by a flamethrower, being cut in half by a chainsaw, and other really bloody and violent things. Getting AIDS or whatever from some guy coming across a powerup on the other side of the map would just make things too chaotic, making it like if Mario Kart only had the lightning bolts and super stars as powerups--a big mess.

Da cHeeSeMaN
October 22, 2005, 8:28 am
no this isnt Kirby land x2 invanded by Yoshi an friends!

~Vin~
October 23, 2005, 1:58 am
quote:Originally posted by Da cHeeSeMaNno this isnt Kirby land x2 invanded by Yoshi an friends!

uhhhh

ANYWAYS...they sohuld have power ups where it affects the whole team. Here are my ideas:

Like Group Predator= Where everyone gets predator for 5 seconds; really rare

Speed mode(name sux)= Makes you fast

Group Speed(name sux)= Same as above but whole team; really rare

Basher(name sux)= Gives your team a 5% defense boost

Randomize guns= Randomizes everyones guns(yeah i know that one sounds like mario kart)

Slump=makes one person you touch go very slow

and say you get these powerups by either maknig 2 caps in a row, or making a multikill or just collecting it

warpo
October 23, 2005, 2:14 am
good ideas

Mines:Self exampainable if they dont exist i dunno
Forcewall:Press a certain button when someone is chasing or shooting and creates a giant(small) wall that deflects and kills anything that touches it.(cheap)
Predator V2:Last longer and now jet flames are cloaked
Bullets of fire: the last bullet off the clip is a m79 grenade
Hail of grenades:Infinate grenades for about 10 seconds....each throw unleashes 10 grenades, wont hurt you since you are not affected by grenades durign that time and any angle thats up like the grenades will scatter
Hail of grenades v2:some as the one on top..cept there cluster grenades........
Flamer v2:i dunno bout this one....now your holding 2 flamers at once.....lame

a-4-year-old
October 23, 2005, 2:34 am
most of the ideas are kinda like the hacks that exist "speed mode"
i think the only thing that would be remotly cool would be: *drumbroll*

power aura: where your entire team gets this green glowing transparent bubble around them that protects them from all damage for a few seconds, than can be worn down like a vest

Chameleon
October 23, 2005, 5:53 am

* Earthquake: everything shakes, tumples around, movement becomes tricky, Weapon acr would be affected.
seizures anyone?

*Low gravity: Where in spaaace!!!!
would be interesting
*high gravity: jet fuel drinks like hell, you can bareley jump, lesser distance at fall damage.
would be interesting

*Plauge: everyone gets sick, health will drop untill ya get a med pack, the one who gets the powerup is unafected.
could be pretty annoying, seeing as medi packs arent always close

*Bullet time: Bullet time in a longer period of time.
would be alright, i guess

Like Group Predator= Where everyone gets predator for 5 seconds; really rare
stupid, and 5 seconds isnt that long

Speed mode(name sux)= Makes you fast
could be mistaken as hacking

Group Speed(name sux)= Same as above but whole team; really rare
once again, could be mistaken as hacking

Basher(name sux)= Gives your team a 5% defense boost
not too bad

Randomize guns= Randomizes everyones guns(yeah i know that one sounds like mario kart)
really, really stupid, and alot like mario cart

Slump=makes one person you touch go very slow
if you are trying to touch someone, and make them go slower...why not kill them, and make them dead. and you probably wouldnt want to touch your team with it....thats alot like mario cart too

Mines:Self exampainable if they dont exist i dunno
No, wouldnt be good for soldat

Forcewall:Press a certain button when someone is chasing or shooting and creates a giant(small) wall that deflects and kills anything that touches it.(cheap)
really cheap...and stupid

Predator V2:Last longer and now jet flames are cloaked
doesnt need to last longer. maybe have a meter, draining by the second, and jets drain the meter faster (and jets are visible)

Bullets of fire: the last bullet off the clip is a m79 grenade
alright idea

Hail of grenades:Infinate grenades for about 10 seconds....each throw unleashes 10 grenades, wont hurt you since you are not affected by grenades durign that time and any angle thats up like the grenades will scatter
spamage.....lots and lots of grenade spamage

Hail of grenades v2:some as the one on top..cept there cluster grenades........
even more spamage....think about it, there is already lots of spammage with cluster grenades

Flamer v2:i dunno bout this one....now your holding 2 flamers at once.....lame
pretty stupid, 1 flamer is good enough

WarCry
October 30, 2005, 4:23 am
They are all stupid no offence but i already hate powerups enought as it it is. They are a just a cheap way to get a kill and i normally try to avoid picking them up accept pred

If there should be any powerup that affects everyone its a powerup that slows down time for everyone...... actully thats stupid aswell 4get powerups for everyone!

- Tek -
October 30, 2005, 5:23 am
We should jsut stick to the single player powerups. We should have a new one, a bullet time for a short time(should be really short, otherwise to overpowered), activated by a key (so you can time it for the right moment), then the whole map goes into BT, with your guy slighter faster.

Or maybe even a bullet dodge mode, when you roll, lol

The new BT feature is cool, but rarely happens.

Deleted User
October 30, 2005, 9:14 am
I like those ideas.
More powerups could be really cool.
And one question why they aren't in realistic mode ??? I know they arent realistic but BULLETPROOF WEST and CLUSTER NADES aren't un-realistic, so Im asking why that two powerups can't be implemented to realistic mode ???

Swarmer
October 30, 2005, 11:23 pm
Basically there should be a powerups.ini file since there are so many fun ideas that would be too numerous to implement. you could make your own powerup box graphics and drop them in the folder. and in the file, it'll ask where the image is and you just give the name. There would be all these different things you could edit and youd play around to make fun ones.