( search forums )
Better play with no sound?
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - General Discussions
Swebonny
October 21, 2005, 7:32 pm
I have notice this many times before and wanted to take it up here.
Whenever when i play a game with sound..ill probably stay in middle or top. Usually in the higer top (kekek)

Well and suddenly i turned the sound of and i felt that i got more precision killd. It was more calmer and such stuff. I could doge barret bullets :D ill got a demo of a guy lol wasting kinda 5 barett bullets without hit....

Enough with my bull-[CENSORED]...

well have you ever felt that?

No sound better play?

Lolly
October 21, 2005, 8:07 pm
I agree. I actually deleted my SFX folder (so the minigun whirr wouldn't screw up my music, but thats not the point... >_>).

It's better.

Swebonny
October 21, 2005, 8:15 pm
And yeah with music. I get same feeling with Music and such stuff :D

Deleted User
October 21, 2005, 8:40 pm
I noticed this too. I would turn off the sound, but I enjoy the sound on.

Silent Soldier
October 21, 2005, 9:07 pm
True, angry music gives some extra adrenaline. :D

Deleted User
October 21, 2005, 9:10 pm
I dont care, I can just believe I am playing good or not. I hate the jet pack sound anyways, bothers me.

Deleted User
October 21, 2005, 9:17 pm
Not for me. For one thing I do not listen to music and in realistic mode, because you can't see them all the time, it helps if you can hear them.

Source
October 21, 2005, 9:31 pm
usually when i play in pubs i listen to some music, but when i'm in a scrim or anything like that i can't concentrate with music playing in the background

Deleted User
October 21, 2005, 10:07 pm
Strange, I seem to play better with softer music.

Deleted User
October 21, 2005, 10:14 pm
I rarely play with music. Every now and then, I turn some on and it seems to affect my playing style. But it doesn't really affect my skill (which is almost non-existent anyway):D

UGK
October 21, 2005, 10:41 pm
quote:Originally posted by Meep.Not for me. For one thing I do not listen to music and in realistic mode, because you can't see them all the time, it helps if you can hear them.

Yeah, I Turn down my music and SFX just so I can listen to IO on TS.

Deleted User
October 21, 2005, 10:42 pm
Hehe, UGK. TS is fun, but I can't concentrate when it is on.

Kazuki
October 21, 2005, 10:56 pm
I've almost always played with the sound off. I have Winamp running in the background, playing my music. I don't really notice a difference in performance. Maybe there is one, but I can't tell. I just like my music more than the Soldat sounds. :)

Chonoryoku
October 21, 2005, 11:12 pm
The sound of gunfire and explosions is music to my ears. <: I don't use the Mp3 feature that comes with registration, ever...

Keron Cyst
October 21, 2005, 11:57 pm
I listen for far-away sniper shots, etc.

SamueL
October 22, 2005, 1:07 am
With cw's, I find it almost essential to have sound. It becomes much easier to avoid being killed while flagging, or just hear when an enemies coming at you. Perfect example: When you have the flag in your base on Voland, they generally have to jet above your base so you can get a jump on them. Plus you cant listen to music and use vent at the same time.

For scrimms, no Soldat sound, only music. :D

Oh, and Ventrilo prevents music.

Deleted User
October 22, 2005, 1:27 am
i play better with music, not so loud, but it must have a definate beat. like i'm doing the "night at thr roxbury" (not spelled right) head shaking thing and i'm like BOOM HEADSHOT!!! (woah wtf am i talking about??)

bond_james_bond
October 22, 2005, 2:13 am
I perfer to hear the sounds of war.

It makes it more realisitc which is what i like.

warpo
October 22, 2005, 2:37 am
hmmmmmm..........
Rock music:major ownage
Rap music: more street talk
Soft music: Camper
Reggae:shooting to the beat>.<
Barney theme song:GOD SOMEBODY KILL ME!!!!!!!!!

Deleted User
October 22, 2005, 3:24 am
i play better with no sound while listening to the pc gamer podcast for some reason. its wierd, but yeah angry music makes me better

lithium
October 22, 2005, 4:37 am
Whoa! Mindf*ck. I usually play with sound + music, and I usually start playing really good when I have some music in the background I can kill to. (Usual Soldat playlist = "We Will Rock You", "Feel Good Inc.", "Rosa Parks", "Self Esteem" over and over again.) I tried turning off the sound today and...it's 10x better. I can concentrate on the music and getting into my groove or whatever the hell you want to call it. I still just listen to Vent in scrims though.

Deleted User
October 22, 2005, 7:08 am
i think when theres sound you constantly listening for clues where your enemies are at, by instinct, and in soldat you really dont need to, so muting sound allows you on more important things

Captain Ben
October 22, 2005, 8:05 am
I play music on WMP, but with Soldat sounds as well, you can hear stuff way better like that.

Da cHeeSeMaN
October 22, 2005, 8:20 am
This really depends because after playing for a long time...your brain will know you have the knife out by the sound...i found this out when i changed the knife sound it must have been a bit longer because i always press f and jam it.
However, my speakers recently feked up (fixed now) and i must say you really seem to enter soldat lol.

UnStOpAbLe
October 22, 2005, 8:35 am
Teh i need sound to play for some reson i find it easier to dodge(mostly barret) bullets and stuff

y0da
October 22, 2005, 11:23 am
yeah, I played once with no sound, and man, I owned everyone in Poznan 2oo5 on ctf_Laos and captured da flag! \m/ ^^

ThaD
October 22, 2005, 1:20 pm
hearing enemy's jets is essential for flag holder

Swebonny
October 22, 2005, 1:43 pm
Yeah the Jet sound is important.

But soldat is kinda a visual game where you see the bullets clearly.
So its a good help for thoose who turn of the sound :)

Alamo
October 22, 2005, 2:41 pm
Hm... actually I play better with fast, aggressive music. I will have to try to play without.

Swebonny
October 22, 2005, 2:46 pm
Look i just played 3 minutes in this server and i got:

[IMAGE]

F3nyx
October 22, 2005, 4:52 pm
I've also noticed that I play much better with the sound low or off, at least in crowded servers... it's the only way I can reach that trance-like unstoppable state. When I'm only against a few opponents it doesn't make much difference.

Swebonny
October 22, 2005, 5:16 pm
Yeah exactly :D:D Trance-Like :))!! And with very low sound..:}

.Loki
October 22, 2005, 9:29 pm
God no! I've tried with no sound (or rather didn't have the option of turning sound on a couple of times), and its just.... weird... Sound is a very valuable tool, and without it, I just feel naked.

It helps you be much more aware of your surroundings. You can hear players spawning, gunfights telling you where players are, explosions, people getting bonuses (predator, berserker, etc), it tells you what weapons people are using.

Yes, sound is useful.

Deleted User
October 23, 2005, 1:57 am
trancelike...we have far to much time on our hands :P

Deleted User
October 23, 2005, 3:34 am
Hmm

Personally, I enjoy listening to certain types of music when I'm playing Soldat. There's four songs on my Windows Media Player 10 witch just feels right to play while on Soldat.

The Matrix lobby theme song (Makes me feel like Neo :P)
O Fortuna (that opera song, really gets the adreline pumpin when the chorus kicks in)
Woke up this Mornin' (That introduction song for The Sopranos, so badass)
Bohemian Rhapsody (Because I'm a weirdass like that)