( search forums )
Sprayer Preventer?
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Soldat Improvements Discussion
Deleted User
October 21, 2005, 9:20 pm
I was thinking there should be an option you can choose that slowly drains a persons health depending on if they are spraying their auto. It might seem drastic, but what do you think?

Stern
October 25, 2005, 12:24 am
That's a little harsh, but it would be good as a server-side feature. Maybe the person hosting the server could enable or disable it in their options. It would be good if it was a small amount of damage for a medium length of time.

rabidhamster
October 25, 2005, 12:28 am
i'm all for it. say, when the cursor gets to 200% in size or something.

Leo Da Lunerfox
October 25, 2005, 12:28 am
I would not want to shoot a gun and find myself dead instead of the other guy. Sorry, but that's like inventing a double sided gun.

F3nyx
October 25, 2005, 3:45 am
Um, that's an EXTREMELY random way of dealing with whatever you think is wrong with autos. If you feel the weapons are unbalanced, balance them! -- there's a forum for that topic now. But why the hell would a weapon inflict damage on its user like that? And what's so bad about spraying? Now that self-bink affects all autos, the people who empty their whole magazine in a single burst are almost harmless.

Aegis
October 25, 2005, 4:21 am
Since we don't have enough weapon nerfs. While we're at it why don't we just take all guns away and give the soldats some friggen action figures to play with. No seriously. :P

TIR_Blade
October 25, 2005, 5:40 am
Why not just make your second clip have a total of 80% of the bullets from your first clip and so on...that'd decrease the usage of the bullets.

Deleted User
October 25, 2005, 6:34 am
Well, i'd think that if someone held a gun on full-auto the whole clip, the recoil could break your arm or something.

F3nyx
October 25, 2005, 4:52 pm
quote:Originally posted by Meep.Well, i'd think that if someone held a gun on full-auto the whole clip, the recoil could break your arm or something.
Nope. People actually brace rifles against their shoulders, they don't just hold them out like handguns. Your aim gets screwed but I don't know of any weapon that, held properly, would be more likely to break your arm firing a full magazine than firing a short burst.

System_Decay
October 25, 2005, 8:59 pm
To stop spraying maybe soldat should have finite ammo, I think this idea is a little too drastic.

BManx2000
October 25, 2005, 10:47 pm
There's already auto-bink, what more do you want?

Deleted User
October 26, 2005, 2:13 am
If you cant dodge spray when they cant even see you,its your fault your dying.Not theirs

Keron Cyst
October 26, 2005, 6:25 pm
That would depend.

What do you consider spraying? Holding left-click for a long time? Then people will just tap it repeatedly. Firing a lot in a short time? What else can autos do?

tomz26
October 26, 2005, 9:26 pm
Thats crazy sprayings a strategy not a sin exspecially if the guy with the flag is lobbing nades and m79 bombs at you off-screen you should be able to shoot a couple rounds in his direction, and if the barret using people are camping on a mountain spray away I say!

afly
October 26, 2005, 9:39 pm
Meep, I understand your dislike of dieing to Invis-I-Spray(damn that guys good). But people would just not hold it down and take a few breaks in their clips.

F3nyx said it, its a random solution to it. Weapon balance seems more like the area to be considerd. Spraying is a tactic like tomz26 said. and Honestly I dont have a Problem with spray :-/ I can dodge it/spray back. I dont see why so many have a problem with it? But I think its based on how they play/not adapting to the situation. my 2cents :)

a-4-year-old
October 29, 2005, 1:24 am
are you so lazy that you can't kick someone spraying with an auto?
autos are at a disadvantage anyway why make them not usable?
idea=really dumb

Deleted User
October 29, 2005, 1:29 am
Kicking isn't the answer for everything... I know it was really extreme, but I wanted to know what you guy thought.

Deleted User
October 29, 2005, 3:40 am
Why does everyone want to nerf the autos so much...

Especially since they lost some power and has self bink added...

Deleted User
October 29, 2005, 3:55 am
I don't see why everyone's complaining about spraying.
Hey. You get overpowered weapons, we get to spray.

Deleted User
October 29, 2005, 6:27 am
I do only use steyr when I play realistic mode, the main mode I play. I just thought of this because, when one whole team mp5 sprays over a map like Veit, the invisispray can make it hard to play.

a-4-year-old
October 29, 2005, 3:26 pm
quote:Originally posted by Meep.Kicking isn't the answer for everything... I know it was really extreme, but I wanted to know what you guy thought.

it is the answer to everything, it is the key to the universe
*twilight zone music folowed my X-files music*

tomz26
October 30, 2005, 12:05 am
quote:Originally posted by a-4-year-oldare you so lazy that you can't kick someone spraying with an auto?
idea=really dumb

Lol I never knew someone could be so wrong! AUTOS are an advantage!

Deleted User
October 30, 2005, 12:07 am
quote:Originally posted by tomz26quote:Originally posted by a-4-year-oldare you so lazy that you can't kick someone spraying with an auto?
idea=really dumb

Lol I never knew someone could be so wrong! AUTOS are an advantage!

An advantage to what?

I feel the irony fairy coming on.

.Loki
October 30, 2005, 9:08 am
wow. Hell no. What if you aren't just randomly spraying. You still suffer the damage penalty or reduced clip size, or whatever other stupid nurf/deterrent you want to use?

No offense, but I really don't think this is necessary. Spraying isn't even cheap or anything. The only time it can be frustrating is on R/S CTF servers. Even then, everyone can blindly fire their weapons.

Keep in mind that blind-spraying has its disadvantages. If the enemy pops up when you're mid clip you're kinda screwed.

edak
November 29, 2005, 11:58 pm
I think the idea sucks, I dont really see it happening in real life so why should it in the game?

Deleted User
November 30, 2005, 2:15 am
There's already a deterrent of spraying, it's called "self-bink."

Deleted User
November 30, 2005, 2:35 am
Sometimes is doesn't work well enough. I mean when most of one team sprays mp5. This was just a thought, anyways, and I know it was a bit extreme.

Deleted User
November 30, 2005, 6:09 am
I spit on your suggestion. Why would we want to kill ouselfs for using an auto?

Tybs
November 30, 2005, 9:19 am
Why would we want to revive topics that are about dead already... :P