( search forums )
Mod Config [rehosted B version]
Soldat Forums - Soldat Interface Mods & Mod Making - General Discussions
Ivan_the_Psycho
October 21, 2005, 11:05 pm
download:
[URL]

If someone has C version, pls sent it to psycho_666@o2.pl , I would be VERY grateful.

B version bugs- just dont place any cigarette or chain bitmaps in gostek sets, and everything will work fine.

Dear Fellow Modders.
I've seen how much attention my mod gained, mostly beause of it's mod configurator, so i decided to make simpler version that should work with any mod with multi weapon/gostek sets.
[IMAGE]
The config includes what you see on this screen, i tought that advanced options like multiple explosions, etc wouldn't be necessary.
The packgage includes the config with few essential files, and 2 example sets of weapons (default soldat and alien set from mecha sodlat) and two gosteks (mecha and soldier) so u can see how the files are placed to work in the config + i wrote html manual to answer all potential questions you may have about configuring the program.

This is my gift to soldat modding community, all of you can attach it to your mod once configured right to work with it. No credit is needed. You can treat it as part of your mods. I hope it would come helpful to some of you, and i'd be happy to see some mods like FMBM's Special Operations working with this.

numgun
October 21, 2005, 11:17 pm
Ivan, u r0X0R!!!!111
''making mods a better thing''

Keron Cyst
October 22, 2005, 12:01 am
I love you.

In a straight way... o.O'

Deleted User
October 22, 2005, 12:40 am
Sechs.

BManx2000
October 22, 2005, 12:53 am
This is great. I think I'll use this for my next mod, even though I could adapt the config program I made for the CS mod. But this is easier :P

Aquarius
October 22, 2005, 12:58 am
Could you add "Play" button to run the mod?

October 22, 2005, 3:13 am
THANK YOU IVAN!!!

Now i can mix and match my favourite mods

EDIT: Could you make a readme on how to link it to the mod?

EDIT2: Soz, found it... btw, i can't change the icon...

Ill be helping FMBM incoporate his mod in this... will take some time though

SPARTAN_III
October 22, 2005, 4:21 am
*kneels and prays*

no more usage of the mods folder.

wtf why do i have to be stuck with a 56k connection when i download this?

BManx2000
October 22, 2005, 4:22 am
It comes with a manual...

SPARTAN_III
October 22, 2005, 5:15 am
a rather confusing one, though.

i have to try and pair this up with the modern weapons mod.

Ivan_the_Psycho
October 22, 2005, 9:08 pm
Updated to version B. I've added "Play" button, and fixed few tiny bugs.

warpo
October 22, 2005, 11:58 pm
yo ivan if u have time make a mod that makes it easier to mods the weapons.ini file cuz i dont wanna guess bullets

Deleted User
October 23, 2005, 3:19 am
I can't understand the manual.

SPARTAN_III
October 23, 2005, 3:52 am
i found the one in MS 2.0 to be easier.

nfsjunkie91
October 23, 2005, 4:03 am
ivan, this is the best thing ever. next to the mecha soldat mod. :D

Deleted User
October 24, 2005, 10:51 pm

Very very nice Ivan, I do have some quiestions though. Over the past couple days I've been putting my ww2 TCS mod into this, but for some odd reason, for some weapons the stats change, but for some others they dont. I'd also like to know why in your folders some stats look like this:

And yet others look like this:

[Notes]
None

[XM214 Minigun]

My problem is that only some of the weapons stats are changed when I apply and play the mod. I'd also like to know if you can add other weapons to this along with editing out the old ones you have, because I've added a new weapon for each slot at least on top of the ones alredy there, and changed the ones that were there when I downloaded it. Also, I'd like a step by step instruction of adding a new folder, what the stats.ini should look like for each weapon, and why the stats.ini is'nt the same for all folders. I think this would much benifit the community if these quiestions were answered.

Field Marshal BM

Ivan_the_Psycho
October 24, 2005, 10:57 pm
it's because i've inserted them in format from MS mod(alien set), in those it's without those 4 lines. You are working on first version:P Download the modconfig_B, i've repaired this already + added PLAY button.

Deleted User
October 24, 2005, 11:07 pm
I alredy downloaded the update and the difference of stats.ini are still in it, plus you did'nt answer me about adding folders :p

Ivan_the_Psycho
October 24, 2005, 11:17 pm
Dude, impossible:P Ok just extract it into new dir and check for to yourself - the AL_XXXX weapons has longer stats.ini. and now they have only numbers like they should. Details about "structure" of folders are in Manual...but ill tell you if i did not write there clean enough.
for example lets take ak-74 (3) folder
it should have
-weapons-gfx folder(all files from weapons-gfx , must have proper names {like ak-74-fire.bmp etc)
-sfx (all sounds associated with this weapon, usually only fire and reload, +scope sounds for barret and rotate sounds for minigun)
-3.bmp (interface pic, 1-for DE, 2-for mp-5 knife for knife, etc)
-name.txt (in -geme name of weapon, if its set to 0 weapon will be named same as the folder)
-stats.ini -modifoed stats (only numbers)

i hope this one helped.

[edit]
when i think a bit longer, i suppose you havent read my manual:P read the config_manual.htm pls, and i thing along with this post it should make all things clear. Good luck in modding;]
[/edit]

Deleted User
October 24, 2005, 11:29 pm
I've read your manual left and right, I would'nt ask if I did'nt, and your weapons still look like this in some:

[Notes]
None

[XM214 Minigun]

Thats taken right out of the minigun folder (0) and as you can see it still has the old things. I have everything working with this config execpt for the stats. And if you still dont beleive me that the weapons still have that then just tell me what it should look like. Just put into your post a "Perfect" example that should work with any weapon.

Thanks, Field Marshal BM

Also, what is the "use modified weapons" checkbox for? and how does it work?

Ivan_the_Psycho
October 24, 2005, 11:34 pm
damn, youre right. I only forgot to change AL_smartgun(minigun). it should look like

(only numbers)
With application from version B, and fixed this bugged minigun it should work fine

this checkbox works simple: if it's checked it will create weapons.ini in mod folder (freak in my example mod), and writes proper file from stats selected in config. if it is not checked it deletes the weapons.ini from the mod folder so that they would be no default weaponmod used in the mod.

there is no perfect example unfortunately, thats because spas dont work fine if it has other bullet style and so does m79, just look at the standard weapons freom soldat i put in the example mod.

SPARTAN_III
October 25, 2005, 3:37 am
m79 works with anything except regular bullets.

Deleted User
October 25, 2005, 3:54 pm
Alright, finally got it working, edited out all the spaces etc, thanks for the help Ivan. And look for WW2 TCS in a forum near you coming soon ;)

[IMAGE]

October 26, 2005, 10:30 am
FMBM, i've incoporated ur Special Operations mod into the config... shall i post it up?

Deleted User
October 26, 2005, 3:30 pm
quote:Originally posted by 117FMBM, i've incoporated ur Special Operations mod into the config... shall i post it up?

No, keep it to yourself, because I have to rehost the mod anyway and I was going to update it anyway

nfsjunkie91
October 26, 2005, 7:42 pm
Yeah, version B is a lot better than original, i cant wait to post my mod ^_^ .

BTW FMBM, that WW2 TCS mod looks really freakin' awesome!!!

Deleted User
October 27, 2005, 2:22 am
Ivan, I got everything working fine now, but I was wondering, how do I change the icon? It does'nt look right to have a bug for a ww2 mod :p There must be a way to change it

Deleted User
October 27, 2005, 2:38 am
i have a problem, i have the mod in place but it wont show up in my soldat game (where does you zip file haveto be placed??)

Soulsnipa
November 2, 2005, 9:21 am
Feature 1.a
Can you make a feature for setting preset colors if you start up the mod?
I would really appreciate this especially for my mod.

Ie.

When you select a gostek from the list, a dropdown box of colors appears, with a default color the mod distributor can edit.

Feature 1.b:
Have the abilility to have the same graphic gostek but different colors (including skin color),hat/helm/none, hairstyle, etc as a preset. This will help because especially since team 2 helm is the same as team 1 for some odd reason.

Team 1:
Main:Civil War Gostek
Sub1:Union Soldier (blue,black,black) (helm)
Sub2:Confederate Soldier (red, black, black) (hat)
Main2:Revolution Gostek

Team 2:
Main:Civil War Gostek
Sub1:Union Soldier (blue,black,black)
Sub2:Confederate Soldier (red, black, black)
Main2:Revolution Gostek

Feature 2 (not as important, would be awsesome though):
Have the option for preset gostek for a specific team, a checkbox will enable gosteks for both teams, otherwise they are locked.

Avaible choices (using features 1&2)

Alpha:
Storm Trooper (helm)
Boba Fett
Jango Fett
Sandpeople
Darth Maul (Jedi gostek with black and red colors)

Bravo:
Chewbacca
Rogue Squadron (hat)
Jedi
Yoda
Obi One

If you need a photoshop of this just let me know. I'll really appreciate it if this is done. I dont think its too hard to do?

Ivan_the_Psycho
November 2, 2005, 10:46 am
If you mean the config colors...for this config the window will display like all windows in your system.

Soldat_Playa- all files (config and folder) must go to soldat dir, where soldat.exe is placed.

Field Marshall- It is not posible to change the application icon once it is compiled. But Maybe try some installation program to create shortcut to it, using custom icon.

Soulsnipa
November 2, 2005, 11:00 am
reread my post, i meant like a skin changer. Hopefully u understand now, i wasnt specific before. Like i said i can photoshop it tommorow.

Ivan_the_Psycho
November 2, 2005, 11:13 am
Ok i understand now. Unfortunately in soldat playing with gostek colors takes desired effect only when you(white colors) play with hand- made white bots. If you want play online, darth maul with his red head will be completely black if someone choose blue or green head. And this goes for all parts (except foots- they dont change colors)
And as for features with locking gostek sets if (condition)... this will require making new config. This one is simplified to use with most mods (unlike the config from MS). Maybe if i fing more free time i can make special cponfig for your mod, cause from what i see it can be a big piece of good work. And mayb you'll do some additional sw weapons to choose from, if i do so.

Soulsnipa
November 2, 2005, 11:23 am
If that is what it takes, sure ill make more weapons/gosteks/ whatever if your willing to do it just for me.

And for ur thing about darth maul...im not saying that it will actually change the color of the actual gostek file, im just saying its the same as going into soldat itself and changing the colors. The head graphic is still skin color, so everyone elses will be skin color but urs.

In order for my gosteks to work...The stormtrooper needs to wear white and the rogue has to wear white to look correct. Now, if you are playing online of course not everyone will look exact. But if you have the server set to clan war all it takes is for the other person to have the mod and then everyone has the right colors who join the server. For examples like darth maul, it would be a jedi with black shirt, black pants, no hat, and red face. Instead of creating a whole new gostek, it would be smarter just to use a jedi gostek and change the colors and the hair to match his face and it should look relatively similar. For these features it all can be done manually, but so can changing gosteks, the whole purpose is to make everything go faster, and open possibilities to people that they hadnt seen before. Who would think of making darth maul if the option wasnt there? Not too many people. Hopefully that wasnt too confusing.

Ivan_the_Psycho
November 2, 2005, 11:36 am
Ok. i get it. It can be done. Too bad in mod for soldat all lightsabers will be the same color at a time,but this cant be helped. I'll try to compile config for ur mod. I'll pm you when i get it working.

Soulsnipa
November 2, 2005, 11:51 am
Hey among your update for the next mod update for soldat, could it be possible to implement different colored weapons but the same graphics. Im the creator of a star wars mod, and it would be cool if people could play with different colored lightsabers. The best way I think would be to have a new weapon graphic that overlies the current weapon and make it so the overlying section is gray. The overlying section would be the one that got colored in.

Example:

mp5.bmp: gun
mp5-2.bmp : gun-flipped
mp5-color: all invisible
mp5-color-2: all invisible

Produces:Nothing.

knife.bmp: gun
knife2.bmp: gun-flipped
knife-color: blade traced in gray
knife-color-2: blade traced in gray 2

Produces: different colored blade.

I sent this to him, perhaps he can add it.

Soulsnipa
November 2, 2005, 11:58 am
One last thing,I haven't downloaded this mod changer so im not totally sure how it works. My weapons for my mod do not have any names, and i would suspect the mod changer connects to weapon names. If this is true I suggest that the weapons names in the mod changer have no reflect on the weapon names ingame.

I need names so people know what they are choosing, but if the names appear ingame my interface will appear screwy.

¤JOJO¤
November 2, 2005, 7:14 pm
i have a problem when i want to play my weapons are the same !

Should i put the files "0";"1";"2";.... in the soldat/interface/gun foldier or just in soldat foldier ??

Ivan_the_Psycho
November 2, 2005, 7:37 pm
No. The config will do it. Just make sure you have B version (with PLAY button), it should work properly with it. If you have old without this button, download a new one from 1st page.

Soulsnipa- The name of weapon in-game is different than in config. each folder with new weapon in config directory has name.txt in it. Inside that file there is a name of weapon. So no matter if weapon in config will be named HOMERSIMPSON, if in name.txt there will be "LOLGUN" it will be LOLGUN in game.

Soulsnipa
November 2, 2005, 9:50 pm
ok good, another thing... is it a bug or not a feature that the helmet graphics dont change for team 2? I have stormtroopers with rogue helmets.

Deleted User
November 2, 2005, 10:11 pm
Its a soldat bug, I realy hope Michal fixes it, because if he does'nt its almost impposible to tell the difference in gosteks.

BTW Ivan, there is a bug with the dogtags, when you select dogtags it makes the actual dog tag part whatever is drawn for the cigerete. Can you please fix this? Its very annoying

Ivan_the_Psycho
November 2, 2005, 10:26 pm
Ok fixed. heres the download

http://strony.aster.pl/ivans_site/downloads/ModConfig_C.rar

and on 1st page of course..

fixed cigarette bug and example minigun.

¤JOJO¤
November 3, 2005, 6:52 am
sorry but i have the "play" button but when i launch the game with this mod changer ive already the weapons of my foldier: "soldat/interface/gun" and not the weapons of "example mod/"... i cant understand :/

¤JOJO¤
November 3, 2005, 12:01 pm
In fact i dunno where i must place these files : "http://img465.imageshack.us/img465/7008/sanstitre0hu.gif"

So where i have to put this ?

ETA Capt. Meisseli
November 3, 2005, 1:21 pm
On the soldat files. for example:
C:/Games/Soldat

SERIAL KILLeR
November 3, 2005, 1:51 pm
Could you make a weapon preset options?
Like that you can choose between terrorist and counter terrorist weapons?

And the different helm and kap for team2 is going to be fixed in 1.3.1.

¤JOJO¤
November 3, 2005, 4:39 pm
well i have placed in the soldat file but when i laucnh the game with the program i have already the weapons of my InterfaceGfx/Guns and not the modified mod !!

ETA Capt. Meisseli
November 3, 2005, 6:21 pm
Hmm. U read the readme? Its answer to all ur problems. U putted ur guns like the readme says?

¤JOJO¤
November 3, 2005, 7:11 pm
for example i launch example mod and it doesnt work, i read the manual and i cant understand the problem...
May you make me a screenshot where u put the "example mod" in the soldat file, maybe ill understand this time.

(i pass for an idiot :()

ETA Capt. Meisseli
November 4, 2005, 1:57 pm
hmm. Extract all the files to (in example: c:/games/soldat/
Have u done that? if you have. then dont ask me. sorry.

¤JOJO¤
November 4, 2005, 1:59 pm
iva done that !
And when i launch the game with the mod changer i have always my "basics" weapons.

nfsjunkie91
November 6, 2005, 4:39 am
did u press "apply" b4 running it? did u make sure you named it somethign other than "freak" in the mod.ini file in there?

¤JOJO¤
November 6, 2005, 6:46 am
in fact i keep the example mod andi had some weapons from henchin mod, in the mod config i see these weapons, then i apply and put the 'play' button but in game ive the "basics" weapons !

I have to change "freak" ??

Deleted User
November 6, 2005, 9:29 am
Well to be honest I added guns from other mods to ur old original configurator from Mecha ...
...but I like this type of gostek change coz It isnt so hard and I musnt make so much in-config pic for heads,hairs... etc...

Anyway I'll try this one and I think I will use this for gostek change.

Thx Ivan :)

Deleted User
November 6, 2005, 1:29 pm
Hello again, I appreciate this configurator alot Ivan, but I think some things would make it better, and I realy hope you impliment them, and if you dont wanna do it to your origional can you make another one with more options etc for download? In any event, heres some bugs I'd like fixed and some new features if you dont mind.

1.) The cigerate dog tags are still there for blue team
2.) Could you please add the interface as an option to change, but do it so that you can select each one differently, I.E health, jets etc, because I have custom interfaces for WW2 TCS and it would be a pain to have to have people replace it manualy. And also with the interface have each of the player indicators changable and those that go along with it, heres a list of all the things I'd like changable on a second page in the config,

Player Indicator (Arrow.bmp)
the death dot
ping dot
dead dot
regged dot
mute button
menu cursor
Smalldot.bmp

(Along with)

ammo.bmp with all its corrisponding bars (I dont want the bars to be able to be selected speratly just the interface part and it would change the bars once you select it.

Health.bmp (Again with all corrisponding bars like ammo)

jet.bmp (Again with all corrisponding bars like ammo)

3.) And for the Sparks GFX folder, could you make some things changable, as follows:

Spawn Spark
jetfire

4.) Could you add into the config for weapons, the flamer, and stat gun? Because I change the flamer and stat gun in my mod, and when you hit apply it erases the changed stats I have for it and reverts to the old ones.

I would much appreciate all these new features, and if you think its too complicated for a gerneral config, could you makke it specificly for me then? Thanks much,

Field Marshal BM

nfsjunkie91
November 11, 2005, 11:48 pm
yeah, at least make it so we can change stat guns, nades, flamer, and rambow for every1. maybe explosions if u have enought time?, cuz a modded stat-gun option and modded nade option would make my day :D

nfsjunkie91
November 14, 2005, 2:10 am
Reporting a bug here:
even if i have a modded parachute, the mod config does not put it into the folder, and it would be nice if you could fix this. thank you in advance. :D this program rox!

Deleted User
November 17, 2005, 8:03 am
How do I use it? I don't have anything that can open it. I don't really see the benefit of it though, but i could change my mind if I COULD BLOODY OPEN IT!!!!

nfsjunkie91
December 9, 2005, 3:57 am
Yeah i know i'm bringing up a fairly old topic but...
if u r going to update this anymore Ivan, do u thik you can make modded tertiary weapons available? and also, the mp5-fire.bmp never is the one i assigned it with the mod chnager... it makes some of my guns bad looking.

Mäjsseli
January 29, 2006, 5:47 pm
Im sorry to bring this topic up but the download link doesnt work. I would like to dl this but.... Ivan plz rehost...

Ivan_the_Psycho
February 4, 2006, 6:13 pm
I apologise as well:P but, i lost all my data, along with the config. and since some people asked me lately to rehost it... If anyone has the last version of that config, pls send it to me psycho_666@o2.pl , i would be very gratefull.

RealDeal
February 5, 2006, 4:04 pm
yea please somone rehost!

GAMEOVER
February 6, 2006, 9:19 am
If a mod is reading this plz move it to the fan apps section.

Ivan: I DEFFINATLY could use this but will patiently wait while you iron out the bugs keep us updated!

RealDeal
February 10, 2006, 10:20 am
thanks for the rehost man this is really helping my mod grow!