( search forums )
Inf_Fiasco
Soldat Forums - Soldat Maps & Map Making - New Maps
Deleted User
October 22, 2005, 1:38 am
EDIT: Download fixed xD
I've been working hard on a new infiltration map.
Its jungle-themed, and has exactly 500 sceneries (I'd have put more, but thats the absolute limit). I think I've addressed all the problems of my previous maps; I've even filled in the "Long name/description" box (I always forget that xD)!

And despite what it seems, I don't think this map is too big. There are only three ways to the flag. Wide ways maybe, but only three none-the-less.

Enjoy!

Overview:
[IMAGE]
Red and blue circles are spawns, crosses are flags, and black circles are turrets.

Pics:
[URL]

[URL]

[URL]

And the download:
[URL]

Comments welcome ;)

The Geologist
October 22, 2005, 2:01 am
Looks hawt! More comments forthcoming after I download and play, but this looks likea major step up for you. Shading looks awesome on the overview, as does that waterfall. Possibly a little too full of turret guns, but their location may make their use limited (which is good). Nice one!

Deleted User
October 22, 2005, 2:53 am
Lots of turrets in there, but as The Geologist said, it appears their use is limited due to their locations. The map looks great visually; the sceneries are very well used, especially around that bridge.
The shading is also good, although I'd try to better utilize it to make the tunnels and Bravo base look and feel more like the underground caverns and tunnels that they are. There's certainly nothing wrong about how it is now, though!

My only concern is that all three entrances to the Bravo base are narrow tunnels--although most of them are curved and all to discourage abuse, I can't help but be reminded of the white flag area in inf_Fortress. I haven't actually played this map though, so I could be wrong.

In fact, everything I've said is based off of your screenshots, so I could be wrong about everything. If that's the case then I'm just a silly goose who should be ignored :P

Deleted User
October 22, 2005, 11:01 am
Wew! Nice one Bulbock! I realy like the waterfall etc :O

rabidhamster
October 22, 2005, 6:08 pm
ess so sexy... nice one.

this inspires me to make a minimod (a simple one, only 4-6 guns maybe, edit the stationary, custom weapons.ini, slightly modded gosteks).

vash763
October 22, 2005, 10:06 pm
yumz

very nice

Leo
October 22, 2005, 11:56 pm
Nice one, added at my maplist's server.

Deleted User
October 23, 2005, 12:30 am
Awesome. Thanks you guys!
Your server is "Leos Realistic Arena" right? Cool.

warpo
October 23, 2005, 12:56 am
water fall is awesome...id love to see that river level for halo combat be in soldat...not now...very good

Raptor
October 30, 2005, 12:07 am
WOW! THIS MAP IS COOL! The waterfall gives excellent decoration to the overall look. Nice job!

Deleted User
October 30, 2005, 12:11 am
Preeettttyyy mappp.

Very nice