( search forums )
Any help ?
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - General Discussions
reno54
October 23, 2005, 12:12 am
I can only play online and offline for only like 15 seconds then i get this access violation at address 004c267c in module 'sodat.exe'. read of address 00000000 its geting , am useing windows 2000 pro , had NT i guess i got spyware protection and no virus protection runing any one know how to fix ? I love to sodat demo(the 15 second thing) would love to play for a min before i had to restart the program

Deleted User
October 23, 2005, 12:14 am
Did you check the help forum for your problem first? if not, i recommend checking there first in there stickies to check if the problem you're having is listed and fix it from there. People might just be generous enough to tell you right here, but im not one of those people. :)

DePhille
October 23, 2005, 12:31 am
-I think you should try to restart your pc (turn power OFF , not reboot. It really helps if the power has been out of your PC for a while).
-Secondly it could be your Windows , Windows 2000 is known as one of the worst Windows ever , try setting compatibility to Win98 or Win95 or w/ever else than your current OS. (Use Properties on the Soldat.exe and the shortcut(s) to it)
-Third , try reinstalling soldat somewhere else (c:\Program Files\Soldat , ...)
-Download the latest updates (DirectX , Video drivers , Windows Updates , ...)

Restart your PC (Turn it off and on again, not reboot , you have to shut it down) between each try to make sure it isnt a bug in your Memory.

Grtz , DePhille

mar77a
October 23, 2005, 2:18 am
Mmm, could this be apossibly cause by demo autorecording? Turn off this feature from the config.exe, on the Other tab.

UnStOpAbLe
October 23, 2005, 2:53 am
Well it could cost alot of money but its worth it.

1) windows 2000 is really bad on soldat and is bad at online play...trust me wehave 1 in our basement.
2)Windows Xp pro,home,normal work the best with soldat, or windows vista.
3)check if you ram is good enough for the reqiurements.
4)make sure you have the right directX.(i got 9.9 newset 1 released today :D)
5)maybe you need a new computer.

~~~~~Sorry if any of those might have heart your feelings like windows 2000 is bad fro online paly but its true~~~~~

Thanks anyway. PEACE

FliesLikeABrick
October 24, 2005, 10:52 pm
his problem has nothing to do with what operating system he runs, and i'd like to point out that 2000 is by far the best windows operating system to date.

reno, please see the sticky in the "bugs" forum, it addresses this issue

btw you guys must not be familiar with windows ME

don't turn this thread into an OS flame thread btw

Echo_Trail
October 25, 2005, 8:32 am
You should check out the things michal wrote at the top... it explains what happens and what to do..
echo out
quote:Originally posted by reno54I can only play online and offline for only like 15 seconds then i get this access violation at address 004c267c in module 'sodat.exe'. read of address 00000000 its geting , am useing windows 2000 pro , had NT i guess i got spyware protection and no virus protection runing any one know how to fix ? I love to sodat demo(the 15 second thing) would love to play for a min before i had to restart the program