( search forums )
Reflector Shield Powerup
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Soldat Improvements Discussion
Stern
October 25, 2005, 12:58 am
Wouldn't it be hot to have a reflector shield powerup? It would last for a very short time (5-7 seconds, maybe) and all bullets and grenades would just bounce off. The only thing that wouldn't bounce off would be a barret, which would just break the shield. There could also be a small opening in the back of the shield around the midriff, where the shield didn't cover the player.

rabidhamster
October 25, 2005, 1:16 am
if this "shield" were to be used as a powerup, which i'm not saying it should, it would only cover the front 180 degrees of the player, and would reflect all bullets and nades. the 180 degrees would make it more fun to use. someone starts shooting at you from behind, face them but keep on going in your direction. as for time limit, 10-12 seconds seems reasonable, 15 at most.

EDIT: 333 posts beatch

Stern
October 25, 2005, 1:22 am
I was thinking that, but it might be more interesting if it was a 300ish degree shield and lasted for a shorter period of time. Either way, probably go with popular opinion. Also, the opening in the back would counteract it's supreme awesomeness.

BTW, nice getting 333. Now get 666.

rabidhamster
October 25, 2005, 2:30 am
either way, it's cool.

off topic: 666 and 1337 are my two goals. and 384, 512, and 768.

Stern
October 26, 2005, 12:24 am
Well, what do ppl think? Would it make sense to have this, should it be changed, should it simply not be added?