( search forums )
Freeze Gun
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Soldat Improvements Discussion
tomz26
October 25, 2005, 2:00 am
What I was thinking would be an intresting soldat weapon is the freeze gun. You could freeze the ground make it slippery, and maybe make a speedy ramp into an enemy base, or even better stop your enemy cold... And then watch your enemy fall to the ground breaking into a thousand pieces, or watch those on the ground die slowly. How about it?

nfsjunkie91
October 25, 2005, 9:38 pm
or maybe this game is supposed to be semi realistic and a freeze gun would be kind of out of place in a deadly military arsenal?

Deleted User
October 25, 2005, 9:59 pm
No, soldat is based on realistic, present gaming. Not futuristic stuff.

F3nyx
October 25, 2005, 10:17 pm
^^ What they said. A plasma gun or laser would be too futuristic, and those even have a scientific basis, which a "freeze ray" doesn't.

tomz26
October 25, 2005, 11:36 pm
Untrue when I think soldat I think m79 and booster shoes. Isn't that a bit futuristic, well the shoes atleast.

Deleted User
October 26, 2005, 12:11 am
what about a "freeze gun" like a taser. it has a short radius it cna shoot and the soldat you shoot would be frozen for maybe 5 seconds or so..that could be cool

Stern
October 26, 2005, 12:23 am
Maybe a better name for this topic would be "Taser". A taser could be like a knife with a slightly longer range that stuns the target for 3 seconds. Five is too much, because you would be too easy to kill. Also, to make this feasible, you would have to make it so that the person who used the taser wouldn't be able to kill the stunned person, because that would be just too easy. Or once the frozen person was shot, they became unfrozen.

Deleted User
October 26, 2005, 12:44 am
quote:Originally posted by tomz26Untrue when I think soldat I think m79 and booster shoes. Isn't that a bit futuristic, well the shoes atleast.

The M79 was used in Veitnam, not exactly futuristic.
Also, you could call booster shoes a bit futuristic as well, but they are much more feasible and and realisticly useful (Imagine if the real military had them!) than a freezegun.

The tazer has already been suggested before, but its still pretty cool and a much better idea.

Deleted User
October 26, 2005, 2:14 am
quote:Originally posted by SternMaybe a better name for this topic would be "Taser". A taser could be like a knife with a slightly longer range that stuns the target for 3 seconds. Five is too much, because you would be too easy to kill. Also, to make this feasible, you would have to make it so that the person who used the taser wouldn't be able to kill the stunned person, because that would be just too easy. Or once the frozen person was shot, they became unfrozen.

how's about the soldat just slows down and cant jump as high??

nfsjunkie91
October 26, 2005, 3:36 am
you could implement taser into a mod i bet... and like Bullock said, the M79 was used in vietnam, you should check this stuff on google first :P. btw, the XM214 minigun is called the XM214 Microgun on a lot of gun websites. and jet boots pwn. so deal with it.

tomz26
October 26, 2005, 12:52 pm
A taser now thats an idea, non leathel weapons so you can just bypass those snipers without haveing to shoot at them for five seconds ending in that perfect aim death.

Da cHeeSeMaN
October 26, 2005, 2:25 pm
Who ever called jet boots realistic? and guys running into battle with purple dreadlocks?

F3nyx
October 26, 2005, 5:26 pm
Jetpacks are scientifically sound, they're just unfeasible. And I guess you've never heard of Celtic warriors painting themselves blue before battle? Purple dreadlocks are relatively commonplace.

numgun
October 26, 2005, 5:51 pm
lol this would be funny:
me: *walking*
enemy1: *shoots me with freeze gun*
me: aww sh*t, im dead meat...
enemy1: well cya then *walks away*
me: wha?! ur leaving me stuck like this???
me:*waits for 10 mins*
me:wth? its not wearing off? oh no! the /kill command doesnt work! : S
*enemy team approaches*
enemy1: look! this 1 is still frozen!
enemy2: cool! lets rape him!
me: oh sh*t!!! nooooo...AAAARGH!!!!

nfsjunkie91
October 26, 2005, 9:01 pm
quote:originally posted by Da Cheeseman
... and guys running into battle with purple dreadlocks?

umm.. there is something called "Hair dye"

tomz26
October 26, 2005, 9:13 pm
Anyhow you wouldn't stay frozen forever, you would be frozen solid and die in a couple of seconds like you were shot by the flamer. DON'T LIKE DREADLOCKS!? Edit your gfx.

Stern
October 26, 2005, 9:37 pm
You wouldn't die from a taser. You would just become stunned/slowed for a short period of time.

nfsjunkie91
October 27, 2005, 2:55 am
or frezing once again would be stupid out of place? tho i wouldn't mind a taser, and taser would decrease from health some. getting zapped is going to hurt you. and some1 should try to make a freeze gun in mod, if anyone could figure out how to make one that well :S

Deleted User
October 27, 2005, 3:43 am
m79 is not realistic.

You shoot someone right next to you, and it will barely dmg you.

Stern
October 27, 2005, 4:29 am
Well, obviously it's not going to have a realistic blast radius, because then you could kill everyone on one half of the map with one shot from a m79. Soldat is a game that is not future/fantasy based, but it's not completely realistic.

Jack Bauer
October 27, 2005, 4:52 am
i just think the freeze gun is not a good idea

Deleted User
October 27, 2005, 1:25 pm
i dont loke freeze gun idea because its so stupid

Stern
October 27, 2005, 8:32 pm
quote:Originally posted by sotijai dont loke freeze gun idea because its so stupid

Well, you're so stupid. Just kidding. But why don't you like it? Simply saying no is not a justified reason why it shouldn't be added to the game.

tomz26
October 27, 2005, 9:09 pm
Lol thats nice.