( search forums )
Indicator alternative?
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
Deleted User
October 25, 2005, 4:21 am
I deal with it...but wouldnt it be nice if we could keep our shirt color the way we wanted it..but liike on many games your team mates just have an arrow or somthing over their head to indicate that that is your team mate...i mean always having team colored shirts gets kinda annoying...just a thought...comments?...feedback?..

SPARTAN_III
October 25, 2005, 4:00 pm
yes. you beat me to it.

possibly as Soldat/Interface-gfx/teamarrow.bmp?

Keron Cyst
October 25, 2005, 8:26 pm
90% support; I'm fine if it's not implemented. I think a bunch of arrows all over the screen would get annoying after a time...

Deleted User
October 25, 2005, 9:28 pm
91% support; i like this idea. it would be more options to what color's you could wear.(obviously:p)

700 POSTS!!!!!!!!!!8!!!!!! O MY ALLAH!

Deleted User
October 25, 2005, 9:30 pm
I hate it. Gosh its just a shirt color, go to deathmatch if you want to be a pooper.

SERIAL KILLeR
October 25, 2005, 9:36 pm
This would be nice if there ever will be custom gostek online.
And there should be 2 different ones for the alpha and beta team for modding aims (ex Allies and Axis flag).

Deleted User
October 26, 2005, 1:23 am
Well, for those of you who support me thanks.
Lol Driven I like you're honesty, short sweet and to the point.

Deleted User
October 26, 2005, 1:30 am
meh its the only way i tell who is who, i rely heaps on my colour vision. so i oppose

tomz26
October 26, 2005, 1:53 am
yEAH just think 8 little arrows going up and down all by your spawn point then you look around and see that its hard to see your arrow. Then your shot... Dead! For mass confusion I vote no.

Stern
October 26, 2005, 2:09 am
What would be nice is the ability for you to see all of your teammates wearing the team colors but seeing yourself wearing whatever colored clothing that you specified. It would be a client side feature, not to difficult to program in, and would be very nice for those of us who like playing team games and are proud of our color choices.

Deleted User
October 26, 2005, 3:51 am
Teamglow!

the players glow your team colors.

Sexy and effective!

Who doesn't want a glowing wang?

F3nyx
October 26, 2005, 4:46 am
Oh god no. I've already watched brightskins (teams glowing their color) ruin the look of Unreal Tournament 2004. Shirt colors are fine. Also, what's with the self-quoting double post?

Deleted User
October 26, 2005, 9:20 am
its the new, and against the rules, craze

afly
October 26, 2005, 7:11 pm
I think, if Custom goteks are implemented(Hope he figures out how to get it to work) then this would be a must?. 100% support if it only has an arrow for a teammate(that way in RS your enemy can still be sitting right over the hill and you dont see their arrow XD)
and thats all you would need, you would get used to anyone without an arrow being an enemy, that would also help the syndrome of tking and only to realize you are on their team now, the RED/Blue syndrome thinking your on blue and kill red XD when you are on red. 100% custom goteks+indicator alternitive.(Perhaps it should even be an option? so those that dont want it and still use shirts?. although I dont see who wouldint if they had custom gosteks)

Michal
October 26, 2005, 8:35 pm
I'd really like this, red and blue shirts get boring after a while.
It could work as an option from the players side. (for those who don't want it.)

Deleted User
October 27, 2005, 12:01 am
Opps. I think I hit the quote button instead of the edit one >.<

Deleted User
October 28, 2005, 2:53 am
i think thats a great idea...see your teammates team shirt color..but you see yourself as whatever you set it to!...very good suggestion stern..me likes :D

4 Out Of 5 Dentists
October 28, 2005, 4:22 am
edit: oops, didnt see michal's reply lol

i guess this would work something like halo2

icons over your teammates, but not on enemies.

Deleted User
October 28, 2005, 4:59 am
All of these are nice suggestions.

I think we should have one atleast implemented.

Deleted User
October 28, 2005, 7:03 am
hah i created a popular idea, arrows would be okay,i geuss, wed have to used to it like anything

Deleted User
October 29, 2005, 9:02 am
w00t! Michal acknowledged the existance of the topic! :D Now to get him to acknowledge every other kewl idea...

Yeah, id like this idea as an "Optional" choice. It would add to the features of soldat. Ill support it.

numgun
October 29, 2005, 9:20 am
nooo... im already used to it! coz when u notice the soldier, u would be looking at him in the first place, and only after a second at the arrow.
this should be only in dm, pm, rm.
or if it WILL be only player side option, then it will be fine by me.

Chonoryoku
October 29, 2005, 2:10 pm
Yes, I support this, but only if custom gosteks are added.

Deleted User
October 29, 2005, 10:06 pm
If it could be optional like "clanmatch colors" I'm in 100% support. :D

a-4-year-old
October 29, 2005, 10:20 pm
i luv it! my custom colored shirt (see avatar) should be all over ctf not opressed by the red commys! besides it would make everyone different, not just "blue pants red shirt helmet"

- Tek -
October 30, 2005, 5:37 am
custom gosteks would be abused, because some people could just erase their boddy and become invisible.

I'd rather have custom textures that are applied to the deafult gostek, like little designs or colors. Or make your own necklace(i modded mine into a cross, yet I'm not christian or religious....PWNAGE!). But since the graphcis place the image from its corner, its would mess up the large ones. (this is also why that matrix jackets gostek mod failed).

another problem in CTF sometimes, is when a blue guy gets really damaged he look red, and even though he dies shortly after, if he's on my team I end up wasting time shooting him, and I get owned.

WarCry
October 30, 2005, 7:57 am
Its fine the way it is we have team colours to show that we are all in the same team.Everyone running around in their own colours in a team game would be weird thats just my opinion

NinjaXrage
October 31, 2005, 1:21 am
I lov it cause i always like olive coulor alot ezer to camp :)

Deleted User
October 31, 2005, 2:44 am
No thanks... Let's just keep it as simple as possible :\

Deleted User
November 3, 2005, 3:08 am
yippie..i started a suggestion topic that people actually agree on for once...hurray for indicators!

Deleted User
November 3, 2005, 3:28 am
tek, you haven't read the damn topic on custom gosteks.

I am still partial to the glowing penis...

Aegis
November 3, 2005, 3:55 am
quote:Originally posted by Extacidew00t! Michal acknowledged the existance of the topic! :D Now to get him to acknowledge every other kewl idea...

Yeah, id like this idea as an "Optional" choice. It would add to the features of soldat. Ill support it.

You're not serious are you. Michal is just a forum-goer. You want Michal Marcinkowski =P

There is some problems with using indicators in my opinion. It seems like it would be harder to tell teammates with all different color shirts.. and since its been this way since forever, if you changed it to allow any shirt color then I'm willing to bet a lot of people would change their shirt color to take advantage of players still used to the old style..

dr.ON
November 3, 2005, 11:26 am
naah! We have player teammates indicator, while they are out'a our screen, so when can see : they camp, or not. but if they are moving and they are in action we can spot that they are our tmeammates , by [CENSORED] color!

Deleted User
November 3, 2005, 12:20 pm
i really support this idea, if it works in tribes why wouldnt it work in soldat?

Deleted User
November 3, 2005, 9:56 pm
MAKE IT OPTIONAL FOR EACH PERSON...in options tab make a new thing that says somthing like

[Team Indication]
()Team Shirts ()Overhead Indicator

PROBLEM SOLVED...i think this should be implemented

Echo_Trail
November 4, 2005, 9:23 am
let's just keep it the way it is..it's not really a problem to anyone.. if the shirts are such problem, let's do something like a random selection of colours.
like instead of red vs. blue, it the server randomly selects colours.. it could fx be green vs. blue or yellow vs. red? let's not change this too much!

Kaider
November 4, 2005, 5:29 pm
I have a (stolen) idea!

Have little red and blue (and green and yellow) dots over peoples' heads!

Kind of like the Timesplitters Series, but in Timesplitters, the icon is very deatailed, whereas my suggestion is just a dot.

Also,not quite so sure about this one,but the dot over a persons' head could also be a ping teller.
(This option would be able to be turned on/off)