( search forums )
Whats with laws?(rockets)
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - General Discussions
JoEcOoL
October 25, 2005, 4:59 am
These things go good with barrets but are n00b wepons when camping with them. HEY SOLDAT MAKERS! WHY DID U PUT THESE IN?

Deleted User
October 25, 2005, 5:02 am
Did you request a member of the very large team that created Soldat? I'll contact one and he'll be here as soon as possible. Thanks for your patience.

SamueL
October 25, 2005, 5:11 am
Yeah, can somebody [CENSORED]ing get Dangerous Dave already? He's the only one who knows how to solve this!

peemonkey
October 25, 2005, 5:13 am
read the manual at least...or just...read. it's everywhere...
it's not michal's fault people choose to camp, let's see you make a video game.

Echo_Trail
October 25, 2005, 8:15 am
yeah, i agree... i don't actually mind people camping. I'm bored with it myself, but other people can do it.. i don't mind, but don't complain that you have lack of reflexes, or whatever weaknesses you disabled retards posses.. Man, what a bunch of whiny mother[CENSORED]ers! i mean, has the world gone nuts? i never thought i would hear players complain about camping possibilities.. i mean.. [CENSORED]!

Anyway, law sucks.. use knife or socom..
echo out

October 25, 2005, 8:58 am
Well, i realised that in an encounter situation, your mind snaps to it and it becomes second nature to fire. I can't camp with a barret for some strange reason, i always miss. However, when running towards an enemy base and the enemy is soaring above me, i just have an instinct to fire, and 99% of the time, it connects.

The same thing happens to me if i'm rushed/desperate. I would normally try to predict where the flagger would be, call the features of the map up from memory and fire in the flagger's general direction. Since some flaggers are complete idiots and follow the normal path through a map, this tactic is very effective.

Another reason you can hit enemies while on the move with any weapon, is that if chasing an enemy, there will be a 60% chance that both you and him are moving/falling at the same speed. Thus, this allows you to hit him because both of you are travelling at the same rate.

That's why using a law when camping is suicide unless you have extreme accuracy, because the enemy would probably be further ahead when you fire.

Deleted User
October 25, 2005, 9:57 am
targets stay still, real soldiers dance :P thats for you mancer.

Captain Ben
October 25, 2005, 10:26 am
Just lately, i've found it almost impossible to play in servers with barrets enabled. When I do, I abuse the users, even if they're not camping. In the last version, I couldn't really give a rats' ass, but now I can't take them anymore. It doesn't seem to matter if they're 10cm, or 10m away, no matter how much I shoot them with my HK or whatever, their hits always connect.

Swarmer
October 25, 2005, 7:27 pm
LAWs are like... the most nerfed weapon ever. I dont see whats wrong with them.

Its basically impossible not to make a camping-shot with them now becuase of the startup. before it, you could charge and squeeze off a LAW shot in the middle of a battle. But now you cant, so i dont know you are complaining about.

Deleted User
October 25, 2005, 7:34 pm
Laws...Rock...

I've been actually TRAINING with my law unlike everone who has ditched it and I think my aim is improving. 'Sides, I don't think laws are annoying to fight aganist anyway.

.alex.oner.
October 25, 2005, 7:47 pm
law in this version is just as easy as the last version.. just play with it a lot, thats what i did and i have just the same accuracy as the last version.. and with barret, i can never hit a target when i actually try to, well most of the time i miss, but when running and i see a enemy in a blink of a second throw my mouse off the desk and fire, i normally hit them =)

Keron Cyst
October 25, 2005, 8:23 pm
quote:Originally posted by .alex.oner.law in this version is just as easy as the last version....
Dude, what are you smoking? You can't prone in mid-air, hold left-click, and keep the cursor on the enemy who turns into flying guts as soon as you land on the ground anymore.

a-4-year-old
October 25, 2005, 8:25 pm
i have used the law, it is pretty good, i think there is a good trait about the start up time, when you shoot, you have time to aim when you startup, instead of shooting instantly. also, when ff is on and you are protecting the flag, you can stop your shot if you mistake the flager with an enemy with blue/red pants.

.alex.oner.
October 25, 2005, 8:49 pm
quote:Originally posted by Keron Cystquote:Originally posted by .alex.oner.law in this version is just as easy as the last version....
Dude, what are you smoking? You can't prone in mid-air, hold left-click, and keep the cursor on the enemy who turns into flying guts as soon as you land on the ground anymore.

its also not hard to wait half a second for it to fire..

rabidhamster
October 25, 2005, 8:55 pm
quote:Originally posted by .alex.oner.and with barret, i can never hit a target when i actually try to, well most of the time i miss, but when running and i see a enemy in a blink of a second throw my mouse off the desk and fire, i normally hit them =)
same. i guess instincts are sometimes better than that thing where you try to aim and stuff.

.Loki
October 25, 2005, 9:49 pm
OH MY GOD! A gun in soldat that can kill people NEVER!!!

Deleted User
October 26, 2005, 12:22 am
...And out of all the OSK weapons, you choose the hardest one to use. GJ.

Keron Cyst
October 26, 2005, 12:37 am
quote:Originally posted by .alex.oner.quote:Originally posted by Keron Cystquote:Originally posted by .alex.oner.law in this version is just as easy as the last version....

That turns into two seconds or even more on a server with less than 150 ping.

Deleted User
October 26, 2005, 12:41 am
i bet this guy doesnt know about vs 1.3

Deleted User
October 26, 2005, 1:09 am
Whoa, slow down there Dr. Hawking!

LAW's killing people effectively you say?

No! Can't be.
Go back to writing histories of the universe.
Silly man.

Pimpin`
October 27, 2005, 7:49 pm
quote:i bet this guy doesnt know about vs 1.3

It may be :)

Deleted User
October 28, 2005, 6:59 am
haha ribid quoting himslef in his sig, nice. yeha personaly i liked it last version, it wasnt even abused, i reckon chnage it back and we can officialy ignore this whole period of time when it was nerfed

Deleted User
October 28, 2005, 2:25 pm
At least the delay stops some noob campers. And besides, you have to be a good shot, and it can come in handy sometimes. They don't often see it coming.

Jap_man
October 28, 2005, 2:51 pm
Although being a LAW user for the past three versions or so, I am glad that the start up time was implemented. It seperates the ones with enough skill to predict their oponents next moves, with players who can merely just point and click. The law is still an effective weapon, it still kills with one hit all it requires is skill and practice.

quote:Originally posted by Keron Cystquote:Originally posted by .alex.oner.quote:Originally posted by Keron Cystquote:Originally posted by .alex.oner.law in this version is just as easy as the last version....

That turns into two seconds or even more on a server with less than 150 ping.

Actually, it's still quite easy to aim and fire a LAW when you have a ping reaching into three digits. Anyone should be able to fire a LAW without much difficulty if their ping is under 300. All you need to do is adjust you aim one or two milimeters in a certain direction and you should be able to hit your target.