( search forums )
Soccom
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Weapon Balance Discussion
Timmy
October 25, 2005, 6:41 pm
I think that soccom is a bit overpowered. The better users can even beat steyr with it and thats something to say. And if you make the nade like knife and dont change law drastically, everybody will take soccom. It is really easy to use it even know, so think about what might happen then.
I think the main problem is the accuracy. If you just added a bit of bink or selfbink(dunno how its called - I mean what the autos have in 1.3.0) the problem will be solved.
Just respond what you think about this all...

DeMonIc
October 25, 2005, 6:50 pm
The main thing about Socom is that it can't be binked/self binked because of how the weapons work. It's only a destructive force in publics, but in clanwars a concentrated attack from two primarys or one battle with a foe on your skill level with his weapon of choice will beat it.

Bugs Revenge
October 25, 2005, 8:34 pm
It's just fine in my oppinion, it's not overpowered \ overused.
It could kill INJURED people when the miss with barret \ m79 \ whatever.

Deleted User
October 25, 2005, 9:25 pm
Yep.. socoms fine. Unless you like to stand and shoot while the other guys coming right over your head and blowing your brains out. =)

DePhille
October 25, 2005, 9:37 pm
I agree , stay off the SOCOM , this is a very good balanced weapon.

rabidhamster
October 25, 2005, 10:10 pm
if anything, lower its damage by 3 or 4 or something, it is pretty incredible.

F3nyx
October 25, 2005, 10:32 pm
SOCOM is fine. Hardly anybody uses it anyway. When somebody does kill me with it, I always feel they've earned it.

Kazuki
October 26, 2005, 2:03 am
I don't really have much to say about the Soccom. I don't see it used that much. I use it sometimes with the M79, but I couldn't bare using it with Ruger / DE because it loses its purpose, basically.

Deleted User
October 26, 2005, 2:24 am
Well when I used the barret I'd used the soccom and loved it, i would some times just go rambo with it. Now the good old days have passed and I dont use it with my mp5 because the wps reload speed it so fast.

But any ways its just fine "i think there made it weaker in 1.3 and now it is being used less because of it.

TheRelinquished
October 26, 2005, 3:08 am
I think that the most that could be done is up the reload time. I find that I can usually sustain myself with a socom and grenades if I need to, and the main reason why is because I can reload in an instant making sure I have a full clip for each victim.

Deleted User
October 26, 2005, 1:47 pm
I agree with this thread and im a socom user. I can usually kill autos with my socom if im close enough, and that really shouldnt be the case. What I would suggest is reducing the damage so that around 10-12 bullets are required to kill.

The reason this should be changed a little is because if Knife is brought down to the level of LAW, socom will become much more popular and probably lead to overuse.

Timmy
October 26, 2005, 9:56 pm
im not talking bout publics demonic and not about noobs. if any "better" player takes it its pretty good
anyways, its not such a big problem, just a cosmetic one

.Twelve
October 27, 2005, 12:27 am
In realistic mode, this thing is a lifesaver.
I couple it often with my barret and M79 and have excellent effects if I aim well.