( search forums )
Autorecord problems
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Need Help? Report Bugs!
Swarmer
October 25, 2005, 9:38 pm
I'm not sure if this is just me, or for everyone, but I have some problems.
Autodemo SHOULD record the previous X seconds prior to pressing f8, right?
Well for me, every X seconds (it seems longer, and it could be), it says "demo stopped" then says "autodemo.sdm recording" or something. whenever I press f8 it records everything from the last time it said that text till when i pressed it. This leaves me with some very long demos that have a lot of unwanted stuff prior to what i wanted to record, and some demos that have only a few seconds, which happen if i press f8 right after it says "autodemo.sdm recording".

with soldat 1.2.1, when i tried to change X in the config file, it completely messed up my autorecord functions. it would record a random amount of time, it seemed. this is why i am reluctant to mess with that number again.

is this problem normal? or am i doing something wrong?

Swarmer
November 1, 2005, 12:57 am
*bump*

I notice autorecord threads usually get ignored...
but this one shouldnt because an awesome saw movie is on the line!

Deleted User
November 3, 2005, 7:55 am
Maybe its because of how outrageously your signature is breaking the rules.

Freaking get off my internet.

Deleted User
November 3, 2005, 10:08 am
well swarmer, turn off auto record and press f8 yourself you lazy bum, or you can get a soldat vid converter, change it to avi or what ever you want to change it too, and then edit it to the pieces you want.
Now freaking get off my internet

Swarmer
November 3, 2005, 7:13 pm
Rofl. Lapis I dont know how you managed to get something so completely wrong. You have a Braille monitor or something? Cause my signature is pretty clearly not "outrageously breaking the rules."

Lets review the forum rules. I can't beleive I'm telling a mod this.

quote:You are allowed only one image in your signature which may not be wider and taller than 300 and 125 pixels, and may not be over 20kb in file size. No BMPs are allowed.

Use Mr. Right Click. Lets see... my picture is 300x125 pixels, 14.7kb, and a gif. so far so good.

quote:
A signature may consist of both text and an image, but in this case, text may not consist of more than 2 lines, and 43 characters in length. The text in question should be aligned directly above/below the image to keep your signature small.

2 lines. Check.
Ok I guess this is where the problem is. 43 characters per line. I have a bit more than 43. How could I ever get the crazy idea that over 43 characters is okay? Let's look at someone elses signature:

quote:<some picture that is ok>
[ The Ouden Project - Forum Search - Forum Rules - FAQ - Forum Etiquette ]
Hmm.... looks like 74 to me. This guy is freaking out of control. His signature is outrageously breaking the rules. Someone get a mod. Oh wait, this guy is a mod. I guess rules don't apply to him.

But anyways, I guess you are right. My signature is outrageous. Those 7 extra words are lagging the earth and causing babies to perish.
Lapis, I will change my signature if you change yours too. Don't be a hypocrite, okay?
I dont want to be an ass about it... but seriously. wtf?

and Taal. Please read my post fully before replying and trying to insult me. My autorecord has problems. I dont care if you use normal record. I want my autorecord to work but it doesnt work like it should. Normal record is useless for capturing cool events in normal everyday playing.

Get off my internet guys. I suggest putting helpful people in the help forums.

Echo_Trail
November 3, 2005, 8:08 pm
What's the big deal about hi pic anyway`? it's not like he did anything wrong..

Deleted User
November 4, 2005, 6:17 am
Taal has the right idea.

Swarmer
November 4, 2005, 5:40 pm
sorry if i sounded uber-pissed off in the previous post; i wasnt, thats just what i sound like when im excited over nothing.

anyways,
taal is answering a different problem.
my problem is different: im trying to record unexpected events in a game. thats what autorecord is for, right? normal demos are for staged events or for a whole game.
Maybe its just that my understand of autorecord is wrong.
this is what I think its SUPPOSED to do:
-You have autorecord enabled, and set for x seconds. lets say x is 30.
-When a game starts, it begins to record autodemo.sdm. This is indicated by a message that appears.
-You press f8 80 seconds into the game.
-It should record the last 30 seconds played; that is, from 50 seconds to 80 seconds.
-This is saved to autodemo#.sdm.
-A new autodemo.sdm is started.

Im pretty sure thats what its supposed to do, right? Thats what it did when i had 1.2.1.

But this is what happens:
-autodemo.sdm starts.
-30(? maybe longer) seconds later, it starts over again.
-You press f8 at the 45 second mark.
-you record the last 15 seconds, from 30 to 45.
-autodemo.sdm starts again.

So if something cool happens right as the new autodemo.sdm begins, I only get like 1 second of footage.

Maybe its supposed to be like that, but i am pretty sure it isnt...
if it is, then it should be changed to the other way.

Echo_Trail
November 5, 2005, 10:19 pm
i downloaded this demo-converter, suggested in one of the other topics, but it won't really work? i mean, i can easely use a secondary program to record my demos, but can it really be true that the soldat autorecord don't work?
echo out