( search forums )
Mines (not yours! jk)
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Soldat Improvements Discussion
Lolly
October 25, 2005, 9:39 pm
Maybe as another secondary weap, we could have a "(insert random military #)Land Mine"! It could only be used while crouching, and it would drop on the ground, only partially visible. It would have a large start-up time (equivalent to planting the mine in a hole), and a long reload (like the LAW, to stop Mine-spam). If a player didn't see the mine, and stepped on it, it should be a instant kill.(Just because it would be rare, with everyone boosting around and all on most maps)

Lagrange would become fun!

Deleted User
October 25, 2005, 9:43 pm
I posted this idea a long time ago. I agree.. and get rid of te cluster bombs they sux.

rabidhamster
October 25, 2005, 10:04 pm
i like the current weapons set. maybe as a bonus, as long as cluster grenades stay, MM said their his favorite weap on the interview.

Stern
October 25, 2005, 10:14 pm
They would be good, as long as there was prevention against mine spawn-kills. And don't get rid of cluster grenades, because they are the shiite!

F3nyx
October 25, 2005, 10:15 pm
They should be "Bouncing Betty" style mines, where there's a VERY short detonation delay. Also, you should have to crouch without moving for about 5 seconds to plant one.

Deleted User
October 25, 2005, 11:39 pm
Im all for this idea!

ppiksmada
October 28, 2005, 5:13 am
We already have mines, you haven't walked into a live grenade before?

Deleted User
October 28, 2005, 12:16 pm
we not need mines we have granades

Deleted User
October 28, 2005, 2:09 pm
I can imagine how every single platform is filled with mines. Now that would be so annoying.

No... just... no.

Deleted User
October 28, 2005, 7:13 pm
God damnit NO.

This will be annoying as m79.

Seriously.

Lolly
October 28, 2005, 7:14 pm
I see your point fluffy, but, maybe, the mines could have a detonation radius, instead of having to step on it directly. That would get rid of one-hit-kill-eyness, and stopping mine spam (they would just detonate eachother).

Edit: Oh, as for the "we don't need mines, we have grenades," they wouldn't have a timer, they would just sit there, 'till someone stepped on it.

Deleted User
October 28, 2005, 8:33 pm
How about floating mines, and only a certain number of people on the team can use?

Stern
October 28, 2005, 8:41 pm
How about each player can only put one mine on the field at once. If they placed one and it's still there, placing a second would detonate the first. This would stop mine spam. And also, the detonation radius could only be for mines. A soldat would have to step directly on it, but if two mines were too close to each other, they would both explode (possibly killing the placer of the second).

Lolly
October 28, 2005, 11:02 pm
Ooh!

Maybe, instead of a reloadable weapon, the "throw" button could be used to plant one? I like the one mine per player option, too.

.Loki
October 29, 2005, 12:22 am
If mines were to be implimented (presumably as 1-hit-kill weapons), any given soldat should only be able to have a certain amount on screen.

(i.e. Player lays 3 mines, player can only reload a mine when a mine is detonated)

Though I don't think mines should EVER be one hit kill. There is way too much scenery in some soldat maps. Instead, it would be better if mines took most of your hp, and sent you flying a ways in the opposite direction. Maybe a 1-hit kill if they are running really fast.

4 Out Of 5 Dentists
October 29, 2005, 12:32 am
rofl mines

can you imagine trying to play ctf?

grab the flag, boom.

Deleted User
October 29, 2005, 12:35 am
Poly's full of mines = not cool...

a-4-year-old
October 29, 2005, 1:14 am
no, i really doubt that this idea is any good.
people will just put a mine on the spot where the flag is, not fun
teammates will just make it 'splode not doing anything but launching them into the air and a possible giant cursor, not fun ether.

Stern
October 29, 2005, 5:18 am
It's not hard to fix the problems you (^) have with it:

1. There is a _____ distance from the flag where you can't put mines.
2. Even if friendly fire is turned off, anyone is damaged by a mine. If your teammate places a mine though, a little picture thingy will display over the mine to let you know that it's there.

Chonoryoku
October 29, 2005, 2:11 pm
This sounds good, but only if added as a pickup.

Stern
October 29, 2005, 5:52 pm
It could be an uncommon pickup, but one that's also found in realistic mode (like health-packs and grenades), because it's realistic to have mines.

a-4-year-old
October 29, 2005, 6:08 pm
the idea is really stupid and it is not going to happen, even if you could have "...a _____ distance from the flag..." it would still be stupid. keep dreaming soldatter!

Lolly
October 30, 2005, 7:43 am
Oh! Maybe healthpacks, grenade packs, flags, etc.. could also detonate mines... it would make things much more simple...

Flag drops on a mine, boom.
Noob trys to rig healthpacks, dead noob.
Noob respawns, trys to rig the base, boom.

Seems simple.

WarCry
October 30, 2005, 8:30 am
Why not have mines like cluster grenades a pick-up item accept make them not as rare as cluster's and there is only say one or even one in the pack.

This way n00bs cant just plant them everywhere and it is fair since they are very rare.

Lolly
October 30, 2005, 5:02 pm
I like that idea the most, warcry... the bonus could give you three mines, and they could replace your grenades!

Deleted User
October 31, 2005, 12:24 am
I dont like this idea...youd have the new era of "Mine Campers", where people place mines directly under the flag, and Mine spawners. Just no. That WOULD be entertaining for placing it in random camping spots, and later in the middle of the game you see a giant "YOU KILLED MAJOR!".

Deleted User
October 31, 2005, 2:15 am
Lmao at Extacide xD

This sorta reminds me of the trip mines on "Star-wars Jedi knight 2". On one level the ctf flag was on a raised platform and some [CENSORED] would always lay loads of the mines upwards around it on the platform, with the trip-lasers making it look like some kind of mission-impossible forcefield :D

I guess mines could work in soldat, but they would probably be more trouble than they are worth.

warpo
October 31, 2005, 2:44 am
maybe a mine sweeper could be a primary weapon....detects mines only at a short range and defuses em...solved

Deleted User
October 31, 2005, 3:08 am
No.

warpo
October 31, 2005, 4:30 am
oh darn it

WarCry
October 31, 2005, 4:34 am
Yeah warpo thats a bad idea

Why not make it the mines are shootable so when you go to get flag just shoot bullets at them.

Deleted User
October 31, 2005, 4:48 am
We don't want things to get too complicated, though.

WarCry
October 31, 2005, 7:16 am
Its not complicated.... you shoot a bullet at a mine and it blows up

Stern
October 31, 2005, 9:40 pm
If you people read some of the previous posts, I said that it could be programmed in that the mines couldn't be placed within a certain radius of the flag and of each other, to prevent mine camping and "mine death polys." If a soldat tried to place a mine in a forbidden area, it would blow up and kill him. Also, servers who didn't want to use them could disable them like they can do to a primary, secondary, or bonus.

Lolly
October 31, 2005, 11:27 pm
So here's my idea so far.

-Mines would be partially visible, maybe blinking so they would be seeable behind scenery.
-Would have a detonation radius, so you wouldn't have to step directly on one.
-Only a one hit kill if stepped directly on.
-Flags, Boxes, Players, Other mines, and Mine Death polys would detonade them.
-Would be a secondary weapon, throw to use like the knife.
-Have a long start-up time to plant one.
-Could be planted on people,Could flip over vehicles,could go through maps...

Deleted User
November 1, 2005, 12:19 am
Nah, sorry, this wouldnt work. Maybe some other time when soldat changes, but not now. I still like the idea of mining up camping spots. That still would be friggin' awsome. *drools*