( search forums )
Removing ALL DirectX
Soldat Forums - Misc - The Lounge
Dark_Noddy
October 25, 2005, 10:29 pm
Say I wanna do this in order to do a clean install of all the DirectX BS. I've been googling and discoverd a handfull of apps doing this, most not working..

Anyone who can help me with this ?

Note: I know doing this may result in making my computer into a nice table, I wont hold anyone but myself responsable if it turns out that way.

peemonkey
October 25, 2005, 11:07 pm
definitly dont go blindly downloading and using programs, from now on only do what people here (b00sta) reccommend for ya. doesnt directX install clean? when i got my new gfx card it upgraded from dx8 to dx9c with ease off of the site...i could be behind in the times though, ask b00sta, he rocks the cock on the subject of things.

mar77a
October 25, 2005, 11:28 pm
There's no better solution than deleting and installing Windows, since reinstalling makes no effect.

Keron Cyst
October 26, 2005, 12:41 am
Isn't there a command for that in the prompt (deleting Windows)? Like deltree c: or something? I read something on literally deleting the Windows OS from your comp. once...

a-4-year-old
October 26, 2005, 9:46 pm
that would be useless
very very usless because
MICROSOFT PWNS ALL!!!!!!!!!!

b00stA
October 26, 2005, 10:06 pm
I don't know anything about removing DirectX but I'm wondering why you'd want to do that anyway?

ThaD
October 27, 2005, 9:56 am
happy directX uninstaller, it worked for me a few years ago

Dark_Noddy
October 27, 2005, 8:32 pm
I tried it. I had to register for it to work and [CENSORED]... Just curiouse to weather there was a simpler way :) I want to do this because as it is now I cannot play Soldat, at first I though it was a Harware related problem, so I tried heaps of drivers, none of them helping. So I was thinking of trying a fresh directX 8 install to see if this helps.. Oh well, guess I'll just have to get a new GFX card :/

(I have a GeForce 4200 ti; problem is that soldat freezes for a sec whenever certain things happen, like in Arena, when ppl freefall, when ppl shoot wth M79, throw nades and in the most EXTREME case when I was playing around with the WM I made a "respawn Chainsaw" and whenever I used it the game froze up for 1min or so (shotgun shot type, HIGH speed))

Thx for the replies :)

mar77a
October 27, 2005, 9:59 pm
I had a similar problem. I had downloaded a weird version of directX and wanted to roll back to the previous version or at least delete it. Non of the "uninstallers" worked, so i uninstalled win 98 and re-installed it.

i am ahab
October 29, 2005, 12:48 am
try going to your device manager and unistalling your graphics card drivers. totally. you should now need a total reinstall of dx....

failing that, reformat :p

Unlucky 13
October 29, 2005, 1:50 am
I have had the exact same problem (I thought it was sound-based, but yeah...), and all I needed was a complete reformat of my computer. Considering that would be a last resort kind of thing, though...