( search forums )
MP5
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Weapon Balance Discussion
Psyl3ntShad0w
October 25, 2005, 10:58 pm
Numerous complaints of this weapon came after 1.3.

I'm curious to know how you all feel about the changes made in the weapon mod. Does the MP5 still feel over powered? Just right? Nerfed too much?

I'm actually quite suprised no one has mentioned it yet.

m00`
October 25, 2005, 11:59 pm
the mp5 needs a tiny bit more bink and 1 or 2 points of attack less

Deleted User
October 26, 2005, 12:54 am
The problem isn't that it's over powered. The problem is the range the gun can get. This is a submachine gun, it should be used for close combat combined with running and gunning. Make the mp5 so the bullets can't spray as far. This gun should be a short combat weapon.

warpo
October 26, 2005, 2:17 am
zambino's idea is good........short combat can be solved with a little speed tweak like 50 r something

Deleted User
October 26, 2005, 2:18 am
I think its just fine as it is. If you check the u13 stats the wp has a low kill rate and i think the spay is just fine

_Mancer_
October 26, 2005, 3:02 am
The mp5s damage seem to stay the same in the air no matter how long its been fired from the bullet.

What I mean is the spray from it is whats strong. I mean the damage is like the SAME from

Mp5 User-----Point A------------------------------------Point B----------

point A to point b. Or so it feels like. I think the damage should decrease a little faster because it feels like it does as much damage close up as it does far away.

Marbire
October 26, 2005, 3:16 am
I thought it was so obvious that no one needed to post it......

The HK and the barret are the 2 most overpowered weapons in the game in my opinion.

Add lots more bink to HK and it should be fine.

Bugs Revenge
October 26, 2005, 8:22 pm
Guys, PLEASE check the MP5 in the testing server before you post here oppinions about 1.3
IT WAS CHANGED.

papasurf31
October 26, 2005, 10:14 pm
I think that the range should be kept the same, maybe even making it fly faster and farther. I think damage should be toned down to compensate, maybe lengthening reload/increasing self bink as an additional counter measure.

It's supposed to be a dominant short range weapon, which can lose it's effective ness at long ranges. If you make it so that the bullets are weaker, then it would emphasize that since less shots would hit and less damage woudl be done. In close range however, the small damage would pile up quickly and since the bullets are staright, they'd be easier to aim.

Chakra`
October 27, 2005, 3:42 am
I don't think self-bink is the answer to MP5.

1. Mp5 is a close-quarters weapon, so unless the SB is excessive, it'll have no effect.
2. For the sake of variety, it's nice to have an auto with uneffective SB.
3. ...I think just lowering the damage a few nudges (like in the testing server, but a little more) would do the trick.

Anyone agree?

And is the mp5's range really a problem? can't say i've ever noticed.

MisterX
October 27, 2005, 2:03 pm
quote:Originally posted by Chakra`And is the mp5's range really a problem? can't say i've ever noticed.
Not as long as the damage is low enough, which isn't the case in 1.3. But the way it is balanced in the testing server is just the right one, imho. I haven't tested it for long, so I don't know if the values that have been changed are enough, but the way it was done is correct ;)

Bugs Revenge
October 27, 2005, 6:49 pm
well, we have changed the dmg of the MP5 from 1.3.. just take a look and try it, It's ballanced now in my oppinion at least.

Pimpin`
October 28, 2005, 11:08 am
quote:
I don't think self-bink is the answer to MP5.

1. Mp5 is a close-quarters weapon, so unless the SB is excessive, it'll have no effect.
3. ...I think just lowering the damage a few nudges (like in the testing server, but a little more) would do the trick.

Anyone agree?

And is the mp5's range really a problem? can't say i've ever noticed.

I agree with u Chakra`. SB is not the answer. U cant spray with it like with Steyr or AK.

Deleted User
October 28, 2005, 10:10 pm
"U" are right, Pimpin. But let's take a look at all of these guns and why they CAN spray...
AK- Most powerful auto, BUT it has the slowest rate of fire out of all of the autos.
Steyr- Least powerful auto, 2nd fastest rate of fire out of all the autos (excluding minigun).

Mp5 has the greatest rate of fire. Only lessening the damage would make the mp5 useless when compared to the steyr.

In order to nerf it to a degree where it's still useful, we need to make it shortrange to single it out from any other auto.
Again: Raise the bink, raise the rate of fire, lessen the range.

frogboy
October 29, 2005, 12:39 am
quote:Originally posted by Chakra`
I agree, but I think it should be on another weapon. Don't go on about how Soldat isn't realistic, but what's more likely to spray? A submachine gun, or an assault rifle which has an optical scope.

Maybe it's because I use Steyr a lot, but I think Steyr be interesting with slightly less damage but more accuracy (less SB), and then have MP5 spray more. Like I said on IRC a while ago, it's a close-range weapon, and it should be there to rip the enemy apart at close range, not 3/4 of a screen away. (or something like that)

Also, if everyone was spraying, you'd think that the addition of SB would make it easier. After all, they just have to hold down the fire key.

Deleted User
October 29, 2005, 2:20 am
I agree with chakra, there should be 1 auto without any selfbink, but it should be steyr IMHO.

mp5's range and speed should be reduced from this current version(so its strictly a very close range weapon), and I think steyr's selfbink should be reduced to 0 with its damage significantly reduced aswell, I would like to see how that works out. Basically what im trying to say is, mp5 should be a short range high damage weapon while steyr should be a long range accurate but low damage weapon.

GAMEOVER
October 30, 2005, 12:48 am
I started to use this weapon at the begining of 1.3 and never use it now. Dont touch this weapon at all leave it just the way it is. Your going to be adding to other autos mostly is my guess and this will balance this weapon out all on its own. If you take away from this weapon and do increases to other autos this weapon will be so unbalanced in the next version. Key to autos is to add in some areas of some autos and take away nothing at all. This is coming from a semi auto user.

Deleted User
October 31, 2005, 1:43 am
I agree that the guns range should be nerfed...its upclose...and people seem to be able to spray the living hell out of the thing from a distance with no penalty to damage. If not, fix it so the damage is less over a longer distance (Dont know how you do that :P)

Along with that, damage needs a slight reduction. Its literally the only auto that you dont need to let go of the trigger to kill effectively. That, or a little more bink, although I dont know how itd help.

Gortaak
October 31, 2005, 8:22 am
i dont know, the MP5 is a good weapon as it is, and it being short range is kinda a nerf in its self, most other short range guns will destroy it ( 79, knife, chainsaw) and its almost impossible against an enemy that is A: Flying above you, B: running away.
if you have to shoot up at someone with the mp5, you lost, and with its short range you cant really get them if they are running fast enuf.
yes its powerfull in short range, but only in short range, put it ina fire fight in mid to long range, and its useless. your already taking fire when closing in from longer ranged guns, and the high damage and RoF compensates for this IMO. and with the 1.3 self bink you can no longer have the bullet hose type spray. and if you nerf the mp5 you only make the other autos stronger against it.