( search forums )
ctf_Skysoldats by A Fly (v3.0 Latest Release)
Soldat Forums - Soldat Maps & Map Making - New Maps
afly
October 26, 2005, 1:24 am
As always let me know what you think.

v3.0 changes

-Flag/spawns position changed
-Bases in the back modfied/incorperated more
-old flag bases modified they are no "launch pads"
-Jets are now once again Infinite.

Pic: "http://img230.imageshack.us/my.php?image=skysoldatsv309ji.jpg"

Download: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=VGT8QJ8Q

Deleted User
October 26, 2005, 1:46 am
yeah like in the last one it looks good but put the url as a qoute, you have a unique style of mapping, its good to see

Cookie.
October 26, 2005, 7:19 am
It is similar to your last one :P
What can I say though your style is definatly unique :)

afly
October 26, 2005, 7:42 am
smiles yes, it is similar becouse I took Complexity and Striped it down then started making this one, The reason for this was the idea was formed not by me for this map, but others. I posted a map request thread at another forum. and this was one of the ideas, and they mentioned it should be about the size of complexity. So I started there. if you notice the bottom of the map is the same from complexity(streched out and moved though). But everything else I made within the square box. You might even noticed the bases for Complexity outside the square on the left and right side. :). The reason for those was I was considering making an enterence to them, Plus other "story" reasons floating through my mind. I have considered doing a Soldat comic but I dont know.

Keron Cyst
October 26, 2005, 8:31 pm
Shading for the clouds shouldn't be black all around; there should be a sun perspective somewhere. Looks like your previous map, like Cookie. noted.

afly
October 26, 2005, 9:04 pm
Yeah, this is v1.0, which for me I have been throwing the map together, putting it out seeing what people like/dislike/think should be change/improved and adjust and move on from there. if you notice in my post above I took the complexity map and striped it down to start making this idea. So as this maps developement goes on it will be given its own feel and look.

Deleted User
October 28, 2005, 7:30 am
just edit your first post man

Deleted User
October 28, 2005, 7:22 pm
It still sorta looks like your last one.
Maybe, you can change the layout a bit more?

afly
October 28, 2005, 10:52 pm
ok Zamorak, I will work on that. I will also be working on Complexity v5.0. I will be trying to make them look differant. Tell me how does it look like Complexity, becouse it has clouds?. Becouse of colors? Becouse of Layout? If layout which parts?.

The Geologist
October 28, 2005, 11:23 pm
You have the same structures holding the flag as you do with complexity. The exact same. That, and the clouds, etc. Instead of making five versions of the same map, why not experiment and try something different? Something with fewer routes and less randomness to it, and more importantly, less blinding colors. Something with ground...mayne some tunnels, or at least some variation in the spawn point placement.

afly
October 29, 2005, 12:43 am
The Geologist, lol, actually no I dont, The same structures are on the map and will be change so they are not the exsact same in the next version(They are not even the exsact same now, but they will be changed even more, so people who just look at the overview to judge a map will notice its differant :p). But the Structure holding the flag if you look at the screenshot is the circle shaped one. The clouds really fit in with this maps theme(air combat) so they will stay. and not being able to go on the ground was suggested by some people at another forum so I implemented it, its necessary to have this as well, to keep people in a certain area so they will actually see each other during gameplay and promote air combat, the maps theme. 5 versions of the same map?! Complexity is completely diffarant gameplay and map O_o, and I have only made 3 maps so far. Try and Experiment and something differant?! lmao, what do you think these are? Regular soldat maps?. I will try a map like most soldat maps soon enough, I figure there is enough people making them I dont have to worry about contributing to that right now. less blinding colors I can understand as well lol. Also I am planning on making a map where it is like two huge planets,(Basicly a Circle and within these two circles will be obiously tunnels etc, kindof like an infiltrate ctf, Each side will have a "planet") So there you go I was already planning on making a "tunnel" map as you suggests :). While I like maps with variating sides I prefer to have balanced sides. I will probably try my hand at that as well. I actually think its kindof funny you hate my maps so much XD. :)

Smiles, there is nothing about my maps you like is there? XD. Thank you for your feedback :).

The Geologist
November 10, 2005, 1:12 am
I like how people on here think that comments that don't want to hear are the same as someone hating their maps. Oh well...if you don't want to hear criticism, then don't post maps. Maybe harsh, but true.

Oh, and by the way? Before you edited your original post, yes...they looked just like complexity. Maybe you have issues with posting the right picture when you make your maps? Whatever..paragraphs are nice, kinda helps someone read your post instead of making one huge twenty sentance paragraph. And you're not far off from five versions of the same map. You're up to version three now.

afly
November 10, 2005, 1:30 am
" I like how people on here think that comments that don't want to hear are the same as someone hating their maps. Oh well...if you don't want to hear criticism, then don't post maps. Maybe harsh, but true." Daboo? why would you think there is anything I didint want to hear?. I have wanted to hear it all O_o. Exsample?.

ahh I see what you ment by 5 versions of the same map. I thought you where meaning Complexity, Skysoldats, and Warplanets where all basicly the same map. Sry if you dont like how I Update my maps. *shrugs*

Yes you are right lol one huge paragraph=bad. XD. sry :).

Um, perhaps I had posted the wrong picture before. I didint notice O_o.

Edit: About making so many differant versions. I like to make a version, let people play it/play it myself with people. See what works and what doesnt and improve/add to it, I dont see why that is bad O_o.

GAMEOVER
November 10, 2005, 3:00 pm
I like your unorthodox style keep it up you can only get better lookin forward to see more maps from you in the future.