( search forums )
KILLZONE....OWNZ AGEZ
Soldat Forums - Misc - The Lounge
UnStOpAbLe
October 26, 2005, 5:38 am
W00t i just got Killzone(teh ownageed 1337 game on earth)
talk about killzone here u can rate it, or just common talk :) have fun

oh and that spartan fulal or whatever his killzone sig ownz!

blackdevil0742
October 26, 2005, 6:15 am
Yeah killzone is the best FPS I've played on the PS2. It has great gameplay and the AI is the best I'v seen so far.

But right now I'm waiting for PS3 so I can get Killzone 2 :P

Captain Ben
October 26, 2005, 6:49 am
Personally, I've never played Killzone, but the best FPS I've ever played is... you guessed it:
Goldeneye 64. You can all get angry because I've never played Killzone and this post is irrelevant now.

Deleted User
October 26, 2005, 6:55 am
Duke Nukem 3D is the best, but Killzone is nice. :E

Leo Da Lunerfox
October 26, 2005, 7:11 am
Killzone is fun, but it'd be so much better with 2 players. Plus the AI isn't exactly all that smart...

Deleted User
October 26, 2005, 7:11 am
I bought it afew weeks ago, you play online?

ps. best PS2 game ever. ever ever.

UnStOpAbLe
October 26, 2005, 7:27 am
yes i play it online my name is Killzonex and im really really good oh and u can play 2 player!

Captain Ben
October 26, 2005, 9:00 am
Killzonex? Where's the imagination :(

October 26, 2005, 10:43 am
Heh, I bought spartan that game... we were at a game store and i decided to buy it for him.

It's wonderful to play killzone... but i can still own Spartan at multiplayer... it's too easy...

The single player campaign had a few bugs.. but was beautifully done, and full of detail

Deleted User
October 26, 2005, 12:24 pm
why isnt killzone for computer :'(

October 26, 2005, 12:29 pm
I AGREE! KILLZONE FOR THE COMPUTER MASSES!

grand_diablo
October 26, 2005, 12:50 pm
<3 Serious Sam

I feel sorry for ppl who play fps games on a console unless they buy a keyboard and a mouse for it

Deleted User
October 26, 2005, 1:03 pm
Killzone is [CENSORED].

Deleted User
October 26, 2005, 1:55 pm
[IMAGE]

How is Killzone better?

papasurf31
October 26, 2005, 3:25 pm
Killzone is like halo with worse graphics and choppier frame rate, but infintely better setting. It'f fun for a while, but the levels repeat a lot of sections, and the guns are pretty inaccurate (supports spraying). Multiplayer is inferior to just about anything I've played, but the single player is chatic and fun enough to warrant the money I spent.

AerialAssault
October 26, 2005, 9:16 pm
quote:Originally posted by papasurf31 the guns are pretty inaccurate (supports spraying).

you play too much soldat. when will people realize the entire point of automatic weapons was the ability to spray?

papasurf31
October 26, 2005, 10:09 pm
^I understand that. But I mean like, you can't make an accurate shot. The first bullet fired is just as accurate as the last bullet fired in this game (which isn't very). So to be able to hit someone at long ranges, the only way is to spray at them, firing in single shots or busrts has lost it's effect. This not only wastes ammo but also drags out what would oitherise be a fast paced game and detracts from the skill based aiming and recoil control of most FPSs and instead emphasizes who can hold down the trigger button longer and can keep the reticle pointed in the general direction of them enemy.

BTW - wanna switch avatars?

UnStOpAbLe
October 27, 2005, 4:25 am
LOL dudes killzone is way better then soldat lol and better then duke or what ever and halo first its on ps2 not dodgey x-box secound there needts to be more fps on ps2 u say its dumb or what ever its just u need skill!

1.)Killzone
2.)halo2
3.)midnightclub DUB adition

those were rated in top games on he official ps2 website so suck on that tards!

AerialAssault
October 27, 2005, 5:50 am
quote:Originally posted by papasurf31^I understand that. But I mean like, you can't make an accurate shot. The first bullet fired is just as accurate as the last bullet fired in this game (which isn't very). So to be able to hit someone at long ranges, the only way is to spray at them, firing in single shots or busrts has lost it's effect. This not only wastes ammo but also drags out what would oitherise be a fast paced game and detracts from the skill based aiming and recoil control of most FPSs and instead emphasizes who can hold down the trigger button longer and can keep the reticle pointed in the general direction of them enemy.

BTW - wanna switch avatars?
ive never played it, but no wonder gamespot gave it such a [CENSORED]ty review. that sounds absolutely terrible. the best shooter for PS2 was probably freedom figheters, i loved that game. but its too bad it didnt have any online capability. console FPSs are usually pretty [CENSORED]ty though to begin with. Halo was alright, halo 2 was terrible. medal of honor frontline i enjoyed. when it comes to FPSs though, theres really no place like PC. games like counter strike, battlefield 2, FEAR, call of duty 1 & 2, quake 4, unreal tournament series. when you compare games like those to killzone, killzone is just...nothing.

peemonkey
October 27, 2005, 6:05 am
GoldenEye 64.

mmeaney
October 27, 2005, 6:14 am
Have none of you played Socom? It is a much more realistic game compared to Killzone. If you think Killzone is slow, then Socom is way to low-paced for you. Basically all the action is at once, then nothing for a while. I can't wait to play Socom III this weekend!

Captain Ben
October 27, 2005, 6:56 am
quote:Originally posted by peemonkeyGoldenEye 64.

I, even now crack out the N64 and have a round with my friends and stepbrothers. It's just classic. Even now, few games can compare to it. With a great range of characters, easter eggs, good computer AI and an awesome slew of weapons, I love it! It's like GoldenEye 64 is the Halo 2 of the Nintendo 64. Killzone, does for me loo nice, but I'm not wildly into futuristic FPS, so there's a wild chance I may never play it.

October 27, 2005, 9:32 am
Actually, im considered to be a real n00b at killzone, cos i can use the SMG effectively [Single shot , kill]... It's more useful than the sniper rifle, and is extremely accurate

UnStOpAbLe
October 28, 2005, 4:49 am
lol 117 that is kinda noobish!

papasurf31
October 28, 2005, 3:07 pm
I'm not saying it's a spectacular game, and in no way is it comparable to gems like half life and Battlefield 2 (Ville: Battlefield 2 is [CENSORED]). But, I think it deserves some props for trying to get as much out of console as possible. If this game ran smoothly and they fixed up some of the wonky gameplay mechanics, the setting, graphics, and presentation values could propel it to greatness. So, I'm looking forward to killzone 2 (the trailer looks amazing).

AerialAssault
October 28, 2005, 9:23 pm
quote:Originally posted by papasurf31I'm not saying it's a spectacular game, and in no way is it comparable to gems like half life and Battlefield 2 (Ville: Battlefield 2 is [CENSORED]). But, I think it deserves some props for trying to get as much out of console as possible. If this game ran smoothly and they fixed up some of the wonky gameplay mechanics, the setting, graphics, and presentation values could propel it to greatness. So, I'm looking forward to killzone 2 (the trailer looks amazing).
killzone 2 would have some real potential as a PC game.

papasurf31
October 28, 2005, 10:37 pm
amen to that. If it's successful enough, I'd be suprised if they held back a PC release for more than a year. Halo 2 never came to the keyboard and mouse(DAMN YOU BUNGIE AND GEARBOX!)...but hopefully this will.

UnStOpAbLe
October 29, 2005, 2:16 am
killzone will never come out on pc for they made it for ps2 so ppl that have ps2's can have some fps fun

October 29, 2005, 9:08 am
aight, but i still want killzone 2 on PC, only prob is porting the controls.

And unstopable, PS2s have FPS games... just not as good as killzone.

Oh yeah, if there aren't FPS, wtf is MGS 3: Subsistence

AerialAssault
October 29, 2005, 9:48 am
a stealth/infiltration game.

October 29, 2005, 4:33 pm
But if you rlly are a die hard FPS fan, you would cellotape teh FPV button down during the multiplayer mode.

Hoodlum
October 29, 2005, 6:01 pm
I am a proud Killzone owner.