( search forums )
Mmm, just wondering..
Soldat Forums - Misc - The Lounge
Deleted User
October 26, 2005, 8:35 am
So, a few days ago I spoke to my friend who'd just got back from the UK.. and I can't help myself thinking about one thing he told me.. that the most expensive thing in the UK is.. food -))

He was able to buy a car ( not a new one, though ) after 3 months of hard work, he could have bought nice shirts and pants if he had needed any for no real money.. but he ate bread and butter and jam all the time.. I mean, I nice dinner with a girlfirend for a price of a new, profi bycicle, wtf?!

Here, in czech republic, it's quite the opposite. Food belongs to the cheapest things -))

Could you british guys explain this to me? :p

Echo_Trail
October 26, 2005, 8:43 am
The British are just wierd..
though, due 2 history, the british have always had a wierd habit of importing things like meat and stuff... i'm not saying that's the reason, but it might be..
echo out

October 26, 2005, 12:21 pm
Right.. but i love british food, it's very nice... but if you think that's expensive, then go to japan... 45 dollars for a burger with a drink and fries.... yeesh...

a-4-year-old
October 26, 2005, 9:41 pm
well that is because they import beef.
but rice and [CENSORED] is cheap there

Deleted User
October 26, 2005, 10:08 pm
45 dollars in japan is like 10 dollars in canada and the u.s(cept u.s is a little cheaper)

BManx2000
October 26, 2005, 11:51 pm
Actually, according to the xe.com currency thing, 45 yen is like 0.39 US dollars. So yes, he did mean 45 US dollars.