( search forums )
In Soviet Russia, weapons bink YOU!
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
papasurf31
October 26, 2005, 10:34 pm
Right now, certain weapons have statistics that cause accuracy to drop when you are shot, the amount of which is directly proportional to the bink value of it's weapons.ini. However, I think that this should be done differently.

Imagine this:

Self Bink: 1/0 (1 is yes, 0 is no)
SB Amount: integer (not sure how negative integers would work, maybe guns that starts out innacurate and gets better?)
Bink: 1/0 (1 is yes, 0 is no)
Bink Amount: integer (this is how much a shot from this gun binks the OPPONENT when they are hit by it)
Bink X%: (optional) any integer, represent a percentage. This is a bit complex. Let's say that you are hit by a weapon with a Bink Amount of 50. And the weapon you are currently using has a Bink X% value of 50. So, you would only take 25 points of bink as 50% of 50 is 25.

I thought up this idea because, in the current format, bink and self bink cannot exist on the same weapon. Either one or the other, never both, which I feel limits the weapons diversity. But, there was another reason.

If you were to be hit by a 9mm, it should not affect you as much as if you were hit by 7.62 NATO or (if you want to be cruel) by .338 Lapua magnum round. Similarly, if you were holding a handgun and got shot, your accuracy wouldn't be affected as much as if you were holding a SMG or a rifle. This is the purpose of the Bink amount and Bink X% values.

If these were implementer, it could add depth to the weapons, giving each one a more specialized use. It could also pose possible solutions to weapon balancing issues by increasing the number of variables that can be tweaked.

some_random_loser
October 29, 2005, 1:02 am
I think a 338 lapua will do more than just bink you :p

Sounds like a great idea, hopefully this will bring self bink into semi-auto weapons (no bink deagles? Puh-leese)

--Hopefull loser

lithium
October 29, 2005, 8:07 am
Why does everybody want to add bink to everything? The game is becoming more and more like AA or some other realistic game every day.

Deleted User
October 29, 2005, 10:01 pm
quote:Originally posted by lithiumWhy does everybody want to add bink to everything? The game is becoming more and more like AA or some other realistic game every day.

why ? I like realistic elements in soldat...
and yes I like 80% of ur suggestion Papa.

xtishereb
October 30, 2005, 11:25 pm
I <3 bink. I think that the weapon itself should flail about when you're binked.

This is a great idea. While the idea of having seperate bink & self bink has been suggested before, this is the best version I've seen.

Deleted User
October 30, 2005, 11:53 pm
I agree with lithium. There will always be realistic mode for you people.

SPARTAN_III
October 31, 2005, 8:19 am
completely agree with PS31.

although .338 lapua would do more than bink.

Deleted User
November 2, 2005, 9:20 pm
I honestly wouldn't mind seeing this. If you're worried about the game being "too realistic," then just use a weapons mod that doesn't have any binking.