( search forums )
Minigun "warm-down time"
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Soldat Improvements Discussion
Deleted User
October 27, 2005, 12:49 am
Okay, this has been discussed on several threads and people more or less seem to think its a good idea. Also, I think it deserves it's own thread ;)

Right now the minigun is okay. It can be useful sometimes, but overall gets owned a bit too much by other autos. As an avid mini-user I can say that it kicks ass if you know how, it's just not effective in enough situations.

Anyway, "warm-down" means that when you pull the trigerr with a mini, its warms up and starts firing as usual, but when you let go of the trigger the barrels keep spinning for a second or so (You hear the whirr). If you pull the trigger before it is totally "warmed-down" then it goes back into firing immediately. And so on.

This would mean bursting would be a feasible idea with the mini and would mean that you can get a good bead on them without having to continually spray in their direction.

And whatever discussion goes on in this thread, the start-up time shouldn't be removed. Ever. Or it would just be an over-sized HK.

Social Poison
October 27, 2005, 1:03 am
I like this idea... as far as I know (at least in the movies) miniguns do function somewhat like this. It'd be a nice addition.

xtishereb
October 27, 2005, 1:22 am
Yeah, I still support this. It seems like it actually happens in Soldat right now anyway, so no problem. Warm-down should be equivilent to warm-up, so it's moddable.

Deleted User
October 27, 2005, 2:16 am
Good thinking :O I support it alot. Those minigun noobies seriously need to stop surfing around map.. -_-

F3nyx
October 27, 2005, 3:54 am
You already know I support this... just checking in.

However, I think there should be a possibility for the spin-up and spin-down times to be different from each other... maybe 1/2 second for spin-up and 1 second for spin-down? Real miniguns act in a similar manner, since they've got a motor to spin the barrels but only friction to slow them down.

Deleted User
October 27, 2005, 6:58 am
quote:Originally posted by xtisherebYeah, I still support this. It seems like it actually happens in Soldat right now anyway, so no problem. Warm-down should be equivilent to warm-up, so it's moddable.

No it doesn't. You can let go of the trigger while firing and press it again in a milisecond but you still have to charge up agian. Making the time moddable would be nice I guess.

I don't see why this couldn't be added. You wouldn't even need to get a new sound effect because we could just use the one we already have xD

vash763
October 27, 2005, 7:20 am
So basically since the barrel is still spinning there will be drasticaly less warm-up time because it doesnt actually have to make it as fast.

great idea!

Alamo
October 27, 2005, 9:54 am
quote:Originally posted by Social PoisonI like this idea... as far as I know (at least in the movies) miniguns do function somewhat like this. It'd be a nice addition.

Don't real Miniguns spin all the time and fire instantly?

Deleted User
October 27, 2005, 9:58 am
what if it would fire instantly, but it would fire less bullets per second untill the barrel is spinning at max speed? (bullets per second increases as barrel spins faster) it would blend in great with the warm down idea...

Deleted User
October 27, 2005, 1:05 pm
good idea but are thats only realistic mode?

_Mancer_
October 27, 2005, 2:28 pm
I'm George W. Bush and I approve this message.